Condo Projects Around Pattaya

toenail

I have lived in Pattaya for 6 years and it seems that the year 2010 is flooded with new medium range condo projects that are to be built in one - two years. Sunset Boulevard, City Tower, Park Lane, Mountain View, Garden Condominiums, Hyde Park, AD Condominium on soi 16; Bang Saray... one could add 8 or more projects to this (Yes, a few of these are completed). With the economic slump and now the political situation that has scared off tourists, will all of these places get the prices they're asking for...and it seems with so many of these projects not "off the ground" one would be cautious to put a deposit down in order to get the "discount".

Can anyone comment on which are complete?

I am thinking now about when it may be good to get into the market here - I feel this part of Thailand has the most realistic options for condo units. Bkk just seems to be too much for what you get. Here seems more reasonable and you are only just an hour+ away from Bkk if you want/need to go (which I do, so I guess that is why I prefer this market).

It is the coming big event that has me worried, not sure how things will go here (Thailand) and for that reason will likely stay out of the market until it is over - but there are some interesting deals coming up it sounds like.

what are rhe going prices for condo's in pattaya?
Bloody cheap they cant give them away. As it's been said before RENT, RENT, RENT.

You aren't by any chance a landlord, with a few units unoccupied are you :)

Renting is dead money if you plan on spending many years here

You aren't by any chance a landlord, with a few units unoccupied are you dry.gif

Buying is dead money also,you will never ever get shut,just a dead weight around your neck forever.

Looking at The Pride the condos at the rear of Villa supermarket,hardly anybody bought there all virtually empty ,The Vogue Legkee/third Rd empty ,disaster on legs.

Renting is freedom,buying is imprisonment. Even Alan Bolton is now running 3 year interest free terms for three major condo projects at the mo ,should be 30 year terms really.Anyone who stops and looks at the position now here in Thailand regarding buying will surely be put off.

Can anyone comment on which are complete?

I am thinking now about when it may be good to get into the market here - I feel this part of Thailand has the most realistic options for condo units. Bkk just seems to be too much for what you get. Here seems more reasonable and you are only just an hour+ away from Bkk if you want/need to go (which I do, so I guess that is why I prefer this market).

It is the coming big event that has me worried, not sure how things will go here (Thailand) and for that reason will likely stay out of the market until it is over - but there are some interesting deals coming up it sounds like.

None of them are complete, the OP is talking about new developments that would be due for completion in the next 2 years. But the developers of the places mentioned have a good track record so far so the chances are good that they will be completed. They're just too expensive in the current market.

Bloody cheap they cant give them away. As it's been said before RENT, RENT, RENT.

No Im not a landlord, Buy in Pattaya to rent, or live, not on your nelly (English saying) Chum of mine 7 year's ago owned a condo lost 1.5 mil then. Buddha know's how much he'd have lost if he had tried to sell now. Investment, sorry, dont make me laugh. Have you worked out how much you've lost??? against cost of rent. For the 1.5mil he lost, he could have rented for nearly 16 year's at 8000bt a month. And not had any upkeep. As stated before RENT, RENT, RENT.

No Im not a landlord, Buy in Pattaya to rent, or live, not on your nelly (English saying) Chum of mine 7 year's ago owned a condo lost 1.5 mil then. Buddha know's how much he'd have lost if he had tried to sell now. Investment, sorry, dont make me laugh. Have you worked out how much you've lost??? against cost of rent. For the 1.5mil he lost, he could have rented for nearly 16 year's at 8000bt a month. And not had any upkeep. As stated before RENT, RENT, RENT.

Or buy at a very good price

You aren't by any chance a landlord, with a few units unoccupied are you dry.gif

Buying is dead money also,you will never ever get shut,just a dead weight around your neck forever.

Looking at The Pride the condos at the rear of Villa supermarket,hardly anybody bought there all virtually empty ,The Vogue Legkee/third Rd empty ,disaster on legs.

Renting is freedom,buying is imprisonment. Even Alan Bolton is now running 3 year interest free terms for three major condo projects at the mo ,should be 30 year terms really.Anyone who stops and looks at the position now here in Thailand regarding buying will surely be put off.

You will have to investigate in detail. There were (are?) medium priced condos which are very popular. Don't generalize.

I reckon after 12 years I will be living rent free, and Ive been here eight already and as of yet ain't got any plans on going anywhere else, I think if you can get a good location you will always be able to rent it out as and when you move out of the city

... I think there are various reasons to "rent only" and "to buy". In my case, my employer gives me a housing allowance...I have been here for almost 6 years so if I add up the amount of rental money, I could have bought a studio somewhere; but, my job in Thailand is not secure, so I could be leaving the following year.

Though I can be a cynic and complain about Pattaya, I do like the options that are available here... golf, water sports, the sea, access to Western shops and restaurants, easy to get around, close to the airport, everyone speaks English...and the Thai friendliness which lacks in some parts of the Western world. (Yes, Pattaya is also a "sin city" but it is like surfing with the remote though the TV channels---it is there but you don't have to stop.) I wouldn't mind making this my "retirement" home when I retire in 10?? years.

Right now I find the condos a bit costly in Thailand since I am comparing them to the depressed market in the United States or even Spain... Good deals there.

So that is why I am curious if the prices will go down... and what percent would one "knock off" the asking price for a new condo?