Documentaries On Cd

Drew Aitch

Just out of curiosity Drew, what are your favourites so far?

I've actually enjoyed most of what I've received so far to be honest.

For a right good ole laugh, it has to be the Royle Family. I could watch that lot over and over :)

I enjoy the series too, especially:

* The Street

* Shameless

* All of Michael Palin (with the exception to Great Railway Journey)

* Auf Wiedersehen Pet

One-off's have been:

* An Education

* Worried about the Boy

* Fish Tank

Oh i could go on, and on! There's still some viewing to get through from the new batch, and I'm already compiling a new order. I've also had some music DVDs, and just got my first movie to watch too.

It seems there's more to watch than there are years left to view it all ;) WeTV has been down twice already this week (from where i am), and the internet has had a few hours where it's either been unavailable or so sluggish, that it's almost unavailable, so a nice collection of programs to watch while the monsoons are lashing down on the windows is a real tonic :)

Would be interested what you and others are enjoying. I think there's a load of stuff out there that i'm unaware off, being away from British TV for so many years now.

Cheers

Aitch

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity Drew, what are your favourites so far?

I've actually enjoyed most of what I've received so far to be honest.

For a right good ole laugh, it has to be the Royle Family. I could watch that lot over and over :)

I enjoy the series too, especially:

* The Street

* Shameless

* All of Michael Palin (with the exception to Great Railway Journey)

* Auf Wiedersehen Pet

One-off's have been:

* An Education

* Worried about the Boy

* Fish Tank

Oh i could go on, and on! There's still some viewing to get through from the new batch, and I'm already compiling a new order. I've also had some music DVDs, and just got my first movie to watch too.

It seems there's more to watch than there are years left to view it all ;) WeTV has been down twice already this week (from where i am), and the internet has had a few hours where it's either been unavailable or so sluggish, that it's almost unavailable, so a nice collection of programs to watch while the monsoons are lashing down on the windows is a real tonic :)

Would be interested what you and others are enjoying. I think there's a load of stuff out there that i'm unaware off, being away from British TV for so many years now.

Cheers

Aitch

Same as you with all the Michael Palin stuff.

Simon Schama's History of Great Britain and Power of Art are excellent. I enjoyed his America series too, but not as much.

I sat through Spartacus and sort of wished I lived a life of debauchery in Rome instead of here ;)The wife wasn't impressed.

I'm into a lot of British dramas such as Prime Suspect, with Helen Mirren the thinking man's crumpet, House of Cards, Frost, Morse etc....Collision a 4 part series is well written and worth a watch. The Naked Civil Servant and An Englishman in New York about Quentin Crisp as a youngster and an old guy, superbly played by John Hurt.

Have been looking at the early Porridge series, how talented was Ronnie Barker?

I've got a drawerful from Toon Broon, that I can't remember what they are until I decide to watch something and then I find a nice surprise.