Green Book

depends which LTD buyer has adress with, what kind of bike (thai made or not), size of engine

Its a yamaha 80cc i think but I am selling it to a fellow foreigner

I believe yammy 80cc has never been sold with legal plates in LOS. Need more accurate info (look in reg book) on the above questions to give you any advice, and the province of residence of your fellow foreigner

Edited by katabeachbum

If you can give me a run down on what the process would be for a Legal Ninja 250 I would appreciate it. Purchased new in bangkok and registered here. It looks like I have to go to the transportation office and everything is taken care of there?

Ok. generally the buyer has to have a Thai id or a long term visa in thier passport

You would need copies of both your passport and wp if you have one also the buyer will need the same also the transfer form and the buyers house reg or immigration residence form. If you are not going with the buyer to the transport office they will need the letter of attorny form. all these need to be signed by the seller. Then it is a fairly simple job to go to the transport office with the bike to do the transfer (the bike is inspected)

If you can give me a run down on what the process would be for a Legal Ninja 250 I would appreciate it. Purchased new in bangkok and registered here. It looks like I have to go to the transportation office and everything is taken care of there?

seller, farang

original passport to show LTD to confirm genuine copy

copy passport, picturepage, visa if any, valid permit to stay

sign transfer form

sign power of atterney if not present at transfer

Some LTD requires certficate of residence, but Phuket did not this week

buyer thai

id card copy

sign transferform

sign power of atterney if not present

buyer farang

original passport to show LTD to confirm copy

copy passport with valid permit to stay, done more than 20 vehicles in several provinces on entrystamp or touristvisa

certificate of residence

sign transferform

sign power of atterney if not present

when docs accepted, bike to be inspected. thai made legal bike usually only id, on occasions they also want to search for online ads for thai made bigbikes.

if buyer resides in another province than bike registered, LTD usually want docs and reg to be moved to new Province. takes a week and cost less than 1000 baht. New reg no on books front page, new numberplates on return of old plates