Cursed Fiancée!

SKK

It'll all be OK tomorrow after the Counter curse so don't worry about the foreign magic. I'm sure its all in the mind but it is uncanny how they have the facts without actually telling them.

Well... Ok then! I won't fiddle with any magic of my own! :) I do however think that as long as nobody actually proves that something is one way or the other I at lest entertain the possibility of anything being true - and this certainly has made my thinking wavering at the possibility of this being an actual fact.

And as a bit of a background story I'll just say that the "evil" (or whatever) woman in question is a former friend of my fiancée who couldn't accept that she moved away from Thailand and therefore cursed her so that she would return.

@Scully

You're very welcome! :D

@spofc

I've been told this last week about a lot of the magic, both good and bad, that a woman can perform to capture her man of choice. If that's what my lovely fiancée has done then I have no complaints at all! She's lovely, beautiful and all together perfect in my eyes. :D And yeah... I don't go under a ladder if I can help it, I'm very careful not to put my keys on any table (might be Swedish superstition) but I don't give a rats ass about black cats running over the street (might be Swedish superstition again). :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taksin consulted the same sort of Sharmans and Fortune Tellers when he was PM, and he still does

Couldn't you have used somebody other than Taksin as an example? Surely, there can not be too many people left that have rational minds that do not believe he is not a psychopath and has been for quite a while.

OK then! Don't call it a curse! Call it brainwashing, psychology or whatever you want! She and her whole family believes it! I've only been engaged to and lived with my fiancée for three months and I don't know everything about Thai culture. I didn't know that they believed in magic until a few weeks ago and I don't know if the fact that she's from Isaan makes any difference. I honestly just don't know enough about Thai culture! I'm not a troll and the question is honest! I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but how am I supposed to learn if I don't ask questions and I thought this forum looked like a serious place to ask.

I'm not saying that I myself believe it either... but that's not the point! Would a person who believe in (Thai) magic also believe in magic or curses from another country? All I want is for this particular woman to stop interfering with my and my fiancées life!

If you know so little about your "fiancee" what in gods name are you doing marrying her? Get a clue. Exactly one year from now you will have a new thread exclaiming how she stole all your money/slept with all your friends and wonder how this could happen to you! Tards abound!

And as a bit of a background story I'll just say that the "evil" (or whatever) woman in question is a former friend of my fiancée who couldn't accept that she moved away from Thailand and therefore cursed her so that she would return.

Believer or not the curse has worked, the girl is now back in Thailand.

I always counter superstition with superstition. My wife asks her Buddha for a son, I ask my Buddha for a daughter. I have a 50 percent chance of having the more powerful Buddha. Without my own 'Buddha' my wife could always claim superior divine knowledge, now it's more equal, our Buddhas sometimes agree and sometimes disagree.

How to handle a curse, your grandmother is a powerful Norse witch, and has cast a spell on the evil woman to make her die a slow and painful death ..... at the same time removing the curse from your girl ... etc. Try to make your story/cure inexpensive, avoid payments to third parties. Buy her a special blessed gold charm to wear round her neck to ward off curses (she will love a bit of gold)

gullible people are easy to manipulate!

Edited by sarahsbloke

SKK - don't worry you have done exactly the right thing in getting her back to Thailand. This is a European Union curse. It has the right of abode in any EU country, it needn't worry about visa restrictions there and it can work freely without a work permit. Thank your lucky stars that you didn't send her to Torremolinos.

Now that she is back in LOS, the curse will have all sorts of problems to deal with. Did it get a Non-O before arriving at Suvarnabhumi? If not it will soon be heading for Cambodia. Don't forget that it will be working without a valid work permit and can soon expect more problems in this regard. If you give it time, the curse will probably register as a TV member and tell us all about its problems. Before you know it, the curse will have decided that Thailand is too much hassle and it will be paying its' overstay fee. Your troubles will then be over.

It's not just the uneducated Thais who believe in this stuff. Hubby is involved with the local chapter of an international service club. The members of his chapter meet weekly in a nice hotel and we've been invited to their homes and taken some trips with his fellow club members. They are definitely upper-middle class people -- business owners, university professors, doctors, etc. Not uneducated hospitality workers from Issan.

One is getting married and a key component of preparations for the wedding was for his mother to travel to Bangkok to consult with someone (an important monk, fortune teller, I'm not quite certain) about the best date and place for the wedding. This "consultant" apparently services only the most elite of Thailand and his services were quite pricey.

They've had some programs at their meetings about topics like "the role of feng shue in design of new office complexes", etc. The Thai members of his club take detailed notes during these programs and ask many questions while the few western members of the group try to stay awake and not laugh.

While superstition and magic isn't a major topic of discussion by this group in its weekly meetings, it does come up with amazing regularity and is obviously an important part of the personal and professional lives of these well-educated Thais. A few of the Thai members are Muslim or Christian and they don't seem nearly as interested in the magic/superstitution program topics, but they do pay more attention than the western members.

Try and find a Buddhist monk or someone of similar standing in Sweden that your fiance can speak with.

They will be able to tell her what to do to ward of potential bad luck.

take a bath in 10 parts fish sauce, 1 part chilli, 1 part coriander and a little siraccha.... works everytime, gauranteed

Genhis61, apparently if the toilet is back-on towards the east, she considers this to be unlucky for my M-I-L, and since M-I-L dropped dead at an early age (RIP), perhaps she is right. I do recall that when we built the hotel some 5 years ago, she raised this same concern at that time.

Considering the run of very bad luck that occurred in those 5 years, perhaps I should go and check the direction of toilets in any house that I live.

However,I've not heard of this superstition before, and am not sure as to why it is considered unlucky. (I know about the direction that your bed is oriented, but not a toilet!)

Simon

Thaksin is a big believer in fortune tellers. There is one guy at Nation who knows a lot about this (sorry, forgot his name).

I saw him on ASTV right after the 2006 coup. He said TS had at least 3 of them, and it was one of them that suggested he go into politics and name his party Thai Rak Thai.

But you have to see that TS's ill fortunes of the past few years does raise questions about how valid all this is. Then again, being worth more than US$1 billion can help one get past a lot of misery.

OK then! Don't call it a curse! Call it brainwashing, psychology or whatever you want! She and her whole family believes it! I've only been engaged to and lived with my fiancée for three months and I don't know everything about Thai culture. I didn't know that they believed in magic until a few weeks ago and I don't know if the fact that she's from Isaan makes any difference. I honestly just don't know enough about Thai culture! I'm not a troll and the question is honest! I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but how am I supposed to learn if I don't ask questions and I thought this forum looked like a serious place to ask.

I'm not saying that I myself believe it either... but that's not the point! Would a person who believe in (Thai) magic also believe in magic or curses from another country? All I want is for this particular woman to stop interfering with my and my fiancées life!

It seems to me it is you that has been cursed. If you could get someone to perform a ritual that could exorcise this woman and associated group of people with crippled minds from yourself, I'd say your chances at future happiness are quite good. Good Luck.

To the OP...what exactly are the details of this curse? Is your wife getting fat...is she starting to look at other men? Has she lost her libido? You seem very stressed about the whole thing, is her hair falling out, what?

simon43, In your #16 you stated the bad luck toilets were facing towards the east, but later, back to the east. I'm concerned because, on re-modelling one of our bathrooms, wife insisted that it should face the east, (that is, the east would be to your front if sitting and using the toilet in the traditional manner). What is really worrisome is that in our other bathroom, the toilet orientation is the reverse, (whilst sitting, one would face the west). Worse, to reverse it would require knocking out the bathroom/kitchen wall. What should we do, other than have specific times allocated for cooking and toilet usage? Perhaps a nice arch where the wall's knocked out with a semi-circular rail with curtain........?

As for bed orientation, ours is heads to the north, feet to the south. Is this OK? But wait, dam_n, the other bedroom is the reverse! What to do?

As for the OP's concern, "she who knows all" recommends a knowledgeable monk who should be able to counter the curse. She also doubts if the original curse would be valid in Sweden unless the cursor had an official agent or representative office there.

Here is the solution:

1] Buy a trained Blue Cattle Dog or Bordie Collie.

2] Buy a Driza-bone coat/jacket.

3] Start speaking with a Kiwi accent (complete with slang) or a drawling Australian accent (complete with slang).

4] Learn to command the dog (see list below).

5] With your new best friend (the dog), herd your gf/wife to her fortune tellers house.

6] Get the fortune teller to give you the locations of all of the other fortune tellers in the local area & the locations of all others involved. She may need to consult her crystal ball, so be patient.

7] Proceed to herd gf/wife & fortune teller to the now known locations of all the others. If you are a good shepherd & dog handler, you should now have a herd of about 100.

8] Move the herd to the airport, where it will all be placed in 'cattle class' travel to either Haiti or Peru.

Dog command list:

Come-Bye.

Away/Away to Me.

Stand.

Get Back / Get Out.

In Here.

Lie Down.

Look Back.

Take Time.

That'll do.

There.

Walk Up/Walk On.

Outrun.

Lift.

Fetch.

Drive.

Crossdrive.

Shed/Shedding.

Pen/Penning.

Single/Singling.

Double Gather.

Look Back.

Drive Gates.

Exhaust Pen.

Fetch Gates.

Letting out Pen.

The Peg.

Pen.

Post.

Shedding Ring.

:)

Edited by elkangorito

Richardjm65 - When I built the hotel, I designed the bathrooms to meet disabled access guidelines. Therefore, the layout was very important. However, these plans were knocked into touch by my ex who insisted that those toilets that were oriented eastwards (ie you sit with your back to the east), would bring bad luck upon the business. Since I insisted that they couldn't be changed, due to the disabled access guidelines, she consulted a monk, (who apparently knew something about unlucky toilets), and she was able to get a special dispensation by paying him some absurd sum of money :)

However, perhaps she was right all along, since the demise of our marriage and her mother last week is clearly an indication that this was a fake monk, who did not know his U-bend from his P-trap.

When I visited the hotel yesterday, a perfectly good toilet had been removed and was dumped on the rubbish heap - I'm not quite sure what she intends to put in it's place. Perhaps if you want to stay at the hotel, you should request a room with a portaloo

Simon

Here's the good news - Your not married yet.

Here's the bad news - If you marry this woman you will be subjecting yourself to a life of her supersticious clap trap.

This will undoubtedly include frequent calls to the JuJu when ever you want to do something or not do something that she and her extended family, and by the evidence you give, extended sphere of cranks influencing her do not agree with.

And there's the point of it all. - Your life and every decision you make will be dicatated by the 'voices' which of course talk you her and not to you.

SKK, if she has come back to Thailand and the curse is being lifted, hopefully this won't present a problem in the future if it has been dealt with.

And for those of you who are laughing at the thought of curses actually working, I spent many years in the outback of Australia living and working amonst the Indigenous natives and I have seen their magic at work, it defies logic but I have seen deaths occur to healthy people for no apparent reason other than their magic, I have also seen self mutilation because of this same "magic".

It is easy to dismiss what we do not fully understand or isn't within out logic process, but whose to say us westerners know everything.

And for those of you who are laughing at the thought of curses actually working, I spent many years in the outback of Australia living and working amonst the Indigenous natives and I have seen their magic at work, it defies logic but I have seen deaths occur to healthy people for no apparent reason other than their magic, I have also seen self mutilation because of this same "magic".

It is easy to dismiss what we do not fully understand or isn't within out logic process, but whose to say us westerners know everything.

The so called 'magic' you speak of is simply 'BELIEF', which is the most powerful thing in the world.

E.g. 'Pointing the bone' - Australian Aboriginals.

'Voodoo' (dolls) - Haiti.

Any religion.

If people didn't believe in this stuff, they wouldn't affect themselves with it.

And yes...some beliefs totally defy any form of logic.

Edited by elkangorito

never a dull moment on TV is there.

yes, it is very real to the Thais. My missus was always telling me stories about this stuff. As stated above, It isn't just the bloody poor and ignorant who believe in this stuff either. Taksin consulted the same sort of Sharmans and Fortune Tellers when he was PM, and he still does. You would hardly call him poor and uneducated. Ronald Reagan was known to have 'consulted' the Stars too.

I remember my wife telling me years ago about certain 'magic' women who could weave a spell over men to seduce them away from their wives and girlfriends. Dreams, twitches in the eye, They all mean something to a Thai.

How many of you reading this post would deliberately avoid walking under a ladder? or open your umbrella in the house.

You will have a Wat no doubt somewhere in your country, staffed by travelling Monks. That would be my first port of call.

I know its hard to believe, but is it possible that Thaksin, rich people etc. consult these people knowing full well that they will be told whatever they want to hear? Its not actually that unusual in Thailand. :)

Meanwhile, the poor are given evidence that even the 'hiso' believe this stuff and are happy....

Yes, we may avoid walking under a ladder or opening an umbrella in the house, but we wouldn't believe our lives were ruined because we'd done so! We'd (generally) avoid doing so, but if we did, we'd move on and forget it.

Yes, we may avoid walking under a ladder or opening an umbrella in the house, but we wouldn't believe our lives were ruined because we'd done so! We'd (generally) avoid doing so, but if we did, we'd move on and forget it.

Err, no. I don't. As a matter of fact, I tend to do the opposite...just to spite the superstitious.

I've spilt some salt, broken a mirror, opened an umbrella inside the house...all I need now is a ladder :)

Wife to husband: Did you know that today is our wedding anniversary? We've been married for fourteen years!

Husband to wife: I didn't know I broke two mirrors!

hehehe, it is all about we, isn't it. We, meaning the Enlightened Farang. Who doesn't want to even try to understand what is real to the Thai people.

What about Bomber Command during WW2 - Most Pilots and crew carried their own Good Luck Charms etc. Which included everything from stuffed toys to bits of rag.

Yes, we may laugh. because we know better, don't we?

Chok dee krab

I think if you take the word "magic" and replace it with the word "paranormal" that a lot of westerners would say they believe in it. There have been many scientific studies conducted with interesting results, such as being able to say the number and suit of a card picked out in another room without any kind of "normal" communication available. But to the best of my knowledge, none of the experiments have ever been able to be replicated. So I reckon there's something to it, we just don't understand it yet.

My educated wife believes in white and black magic, and was concerned about black magic being used against us. I told her I had placed the house and the three of us in an aura of protection, convinced her that I had that ability, and now everything's fine. One of the "white magic" things you can do to prevent "black magic" from entering the house is to pour salt all along the outside perimeter of the house. It stops ants, too :)

Paranormal - maybe not magic, but pretty close.

hehehe, it is all about we, isn't it. We, meaning the Enlightened Farang. Who doesn't want to even try to understand what is real to the Thai people.

What about Bomber Command during WW2 - Most Pilots and crew carried their own Good Luck Charms etc. Which included everything from stuffed toys to bits of rag.

Chok dee krab

The difference is that it only applied to one, small part of their life - a good luck charm.

They certainly didn't let it run their entire lives. :)

Those who let superstition rule their lives in the West tend to end up receiving treatment, or in a nut-house....

Edited by F1fanatic

One of the "white magic" things you can do to prevent "black magic" from entering the house is to pour salt all along the outside perimeter of the house. It stops ants, too :D

Isn't spilling salt bad luck? If so, I would hope that the black magic that the spilt salt 'deflects', is far worse than the bad luck brought on by the spilling of salt.

Paranormal? Paratwaddle, more likely. :)

Chok dee krab

So, you're a 'believer', are you?

There's a difference between "spilling salt" which is accidental, and putting salt down to stop ants. Try it.

"Paratwaddle" - good word. Another person who won't accept the possibility that things exist beyond what we can discern with our five senses. Can't see radiation, but believe in x-rays? Can't see infrared, but believe the cameras?

Some folks have a bit of difficulty opening their mind to other possibilities. Any civilization that is sufficiently advanced, when it meets with another civilization of small advancement, is considered magical.

I suppose you're a member of the Flat Earth Society as well? :)

Chok dee krab

So, you're a 'believer', are you?

No, not at all. But I do respect the beliefs of others and their right to hold those beliefs, especially when it is a cultural thing. (to a point of course)

Cornelius Vanderbilt had the legs of his bed placed in dishes of salt--to ward off attacks from evil spirits.

Somerset Maugham had the "evil eye" symbol carved into his fireplace mantel and had it stamped on his stationery and books.

Napoleon Bonaparte feared cats (ailurophobia) and the number 13.

Winston Churchill petted black cats to obtain good luck.

Al Jolson always wore old clothes to open a new show.

Mary Queen of Scots (according to some) had her fortune told by a deck of cards before her death and was dealt a hand full of spades.

Admiral Lord Nelson tacked a horseshoe to the mainmast of his ship.

Samuel Pepys, English diarist, wote, "Now I am at a loss to know whether it be my hare's foot which is my preservative against wind, for I never had a fit of collique since I wore it."

Samuel Johnson, English author, never entered a house with his left foot 1st because it "brought down evil on the inmates."

Charles Stewart Parnell, Irish Nationalist leader, never signed a legislative bill that contained 13 clauses. He would not sign until a 14th was added.

President Harry S Truman displayed a horseshoe over the door of his office in the White House.

Shakespeare wrote, "For many men that stumble at the threshold/Are well foretold that danger lurks therein."