British Embassy Bangkok

DaiHard

Private Eye

28th May - 10th June 2010

News Section p.6

The US Embassy in Bangkok last week invited American citizens in Thailand to join in a "virtual town hall meeting" online, at which

the ambassador answered their questions about safety and security.

An English expat emailed the British Ambassador, Quinton Quayle, urgently suggesting he should do likewise. Back came the reply,

showing all the sangfroid one expects from an English diplomat in a crisis: "I am currently on leave in US [sic] 15 - 26 May and then

on a duty visit to the UK, 27 May 4 June. I will return to post 7th June."

It's nice to see our man taking things so seriously

At least a reply was given.

My wife and i have been trying to contact the embassy for the past 3 weeks. After numerous email, faxes and phone calls we have yet to hear anything back.

Regards

Thats because they a a buch of jumped up useless freeloaders that seem to have forgotten the fact that they are public servants.

My wife and i have been trying to contact the embassy for the past 3 weeks. After numerous email, faxes and phone calls we have yet to hear anything back.

Regards

Thats because they a a buch of jumped up useless freeloaders that seem to have forgotten the fact that they are public servants.

:D

They're always quick to reply though when there is a freebie going. Even have Prince Andrew going on his freebie Jaunts paid for by the tax payer as some sort of business representative. :)

Anyway, I don't know what people expect from the embassy - the track record there is not exactly one that suggests they have an interest in anything other than drinking Gin and Tonics after lunchtime.

Regards

Probably the lines to the call centre in Mumbai are down.

Never mind, sit down and have a nice cuppa tea, that will make you feel better.

Regards

I think you misunderstand the purpose of British Embassies the world over.

You dont actually think they are there to help you do you ?

Regards

I think you misunderstand the purpose of British Embassies the world over.

You dont actually think they are there to help you do you ?

Of course not, but the pension scheme is very good.

A fine example of the British Embassy in Bangkok was their disgraceful "performance" in the aftermath of the tsunami.

The only thing they seem to be any good for is talking down to British citizens in a miserable condesending fashion behing the glass screens at the embassy.:)