Visa For Thai Wife And Child

I am currently trying to get my wife and child to America.

How do I get a visa so that my wife and child can come with me to America?

What exactly do I need?

Also how can I get a residency visa for when I'm in Thailand for an extended period?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks...

You are a US citizen and officially married to a Thai? The child is yours by birth?

If marriage is official, registered at District Office, you will have to apply for an immigrant visa in the area of the US that you reside. This can be done by mail and Consulate/visa service/or internet can by the source of forms. I would contact US Consulate first. Everything must be filled out and supporting documents as required sent to the US office of BCIS (old INS) for approval. This will include requirement for support income. After approval an interview will be held at US Consulate here to determine the marriage is real and all information correct and after that a visa can be issued. We are probably talking total time of six to twelve months.

You can obtain a multi entry non-immigrant Thai visa from Penang with your marriage certificate, photos, copy of wife's ID card and (just in case) a note from her that you live together. Or better still go with her as a vacation trip. This will allow you to remain in Thailand up to 90 days at a time for about 15 months. You will just have to cross a border every 90 days.

This will take you to links to official forms/information - select what you want:

US Visa Services

For you it is a breeze. Apply for a multiple entry Non-Immigrant O class visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate. Take the marriage papers and her ID card. You can turn that visa into a one year stay visa by opening bank accounts etc.

Isn't your child eligible for US citizenship ?

I'll leave the US visa advice to someone who has first hand up-to-date experience.