Allow Me To Rise An Issue With This New Look For The Forums...

AleG

Yay or nay  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The forums have been updated and are showing a face lift. It looks fresh but I think, in my opinion, that things got spread out too much, topic titles in the forums take about twice the screen space as before, plus excessively large icons on the left side.

The format for individual posts also suffered considerable inflation, now I can only see three single line posts per screen (1440x900 screen resolution), so more scrolling is needed to read and it's harder to keep track of what's said in a thread. Again the space for the user avatar and info on the left side looks about twice as big as it appears necessary.

I would like to suggest to the administration to condense things a little. How about other members, agree or not?

Yeah, if there's one thing I can't stand in a forum it's a bloated layout. Unless I'm missing something under settings, there needs to be a more condensed option available. This is just too big and bloated

I especially think the view topic preview is a real useful addition, you don't have to enter a thread you can read the opening post, and move on to the next one if it is not your bag..............

Going to give it a few days before reaching an opinion. Looks quite refreshing so far.

Only one small complaint tho - HTML editor defaulted to on. Not a bad thing itself as I wanted to try it out, but first thing I wanted to do afterwards was update my signature. It complained about the size owing to the amount of (unnecessary) HTML the editor stuck in there. Therefore might want to up the size limit on signatures if the HTML editor is defaulting to on.

(Some of the AJAX-enabled stuff is really nice tho)

Edited by Insight

I have a questions / request. Is there a way to view newest post first when open up a topic? For example this one of mine will appear at the bottom. Not a big deal when using a PC to view TV, but on a mobile device it's painful to have to scroll down.

Cheers

James

Reg. the layout: The topic spacing really is a pain on lower resolution monitors. And even at a dual 1680x1050 setup the height this new layout takes gives me much less overview over the news forum etc and forces me to scroll much more. Remove the excess padding and make the design slightly more efficient, and it might be nice...