How Is Your Tot Internet Connection?

melbat

I have had TOT 8 meg for about 6 months now. It started off great with excellent speed and download. In the past month it's gone downhill fast. Today it's been really bad. Is it just me or is everyone having problems? I live in Chalong.

Funnily enough, my TOT connection was appalling for about a month until about a week ago. Its been fine since.

Having said that, I've no idea what the 'speed' I'm paying for is, so perhaps I'm just used to a slower connection.

During the 'bad' period, I could only connect for - at best - 50% of the time....

My impression of TOT (over the last couple of years) is that they really don't care. I had no internet connection for over 2 weeks once and more recent problems have made it even more obvious. Can anyone recommend a better supplier?

Edited by F1fanatic

Mine terrible also for the past 4-5 weeks.

Very intermittent.

Didn't bother to call. I've tried that route, they don't care.

I'm hoping that this new Rawai cable with internet deal is going to work.

I live in Rawai.

Interesting point - I live in Rawai too.

I have Maxnet/3BB and for the last couple of months the service has been up and down. Some web sites seems Ok, but others just will not load.

Since the problems in BKK have stopped, 3BB is fast and reliable again. i get full 3,5 MB up and 1MB down again.

I'm currently with TRUE which I find excellent plus the service is A1.

However I am moving to an area where their max speed is 2meg which I couldn't live with.

Seems if I want a faster connection I have no choice but move to TOT.

Reading the comments on here all I can say is you're scaring the hel_l out of me :)

I'm currently with TRUE which I find excellent plus the service is A1.

However I am moving to an area where their max speed is 2meg which I couldn't live with.

Seems if I want a faster connection I have no choice but move to TOT.

Reading the comments on here all I can say is you're scaring the hel_l out of me :)

Today my TOT is running well just done a speedtest and it is registering 6.5Meg. I have a 8 meg connection. Yesterday it was running at less that 1meg for most of the day and improved in the evening to about 4 meg. Recently it's been up and down most days. I like to watch TV from UK but it's hopeless most of the time, just keeps stopping and starting... but when it's up to speed it's great. Not so often these days though!Best of luck

Hi, i'm just new to kata and the best deal i found is via a DTAC card for a mobile, 100 baht a month for unlimited use as long as you are in range of a family mart spider reception, plus it's 3BB but just set up via family mart and other outlets, simplest way is to go to the 3BB website, be ware it's in Thai. This is the internet for your computer but you buy the credit via a DTAC sim card,

Hope that helps and maybe save forum users money, i've noticed some of the internet providers are so exspensive

Lady kata

Hi, i'm just new to kata and the best deal i found is via a DTAC card for a mobile, 100 baht a month for unlimited use as long as you are in range of a family mart spider reception, plus it's 3BB but just set up via family mart and other outlets, simplest way is to go to the 3BB website, be ware it's in Thai. This is the internet for your computer but you buy the credit via a DTAC sim card,

Hope that helps and maybe save forum users money, i've noticed some of the internet providers are so exspensive

Lady kata

The DTAC card is ok for occasional use but not really a long term option in my opinion. I use it when travelling, if my internet is down or if browsing on my phone but that is about it. Either way though it is still a good deal for 100 baht, although I think it is limited to 30 hours per month.

The DTAC card is ok for occasional use but not really a long term option in my opinion. I use it when travelling, if my internet is down or if browsing on my phone but that is about it. Either way though it is still a good deal for 100 baht, although I think it is limited to 30 hours per month.

Hi,my timer when i log on to 3BB counts down from 720 hours, i've noticed ever hour or so it logs off and you have to re-signin, that the only bug i can see with it, my condo internet they want 1800 baht a month for the very same 3BB service.

Mabye these varying TOT speeds are caused by the TOT Internet Server Driver doing a lot of tapping on the server gas pedal.

Seriously, I'm on a TOT 4Mb package and have noticed some slower browsing speed changes over the past week. One change to the definite slow side has been ThaiVisa.com which has really slowed downed (for me at least), especially in the evening to include cases where I have to do page reloads; other sites seem to do OK-fine speed-wise. I expect this is due to ThaiVisa.com's upgrade to their site software which is still having its problems. This evening/tonight, their site has been very slow, while other sites have been OK-fine.

I have called many times and finally they came today. It was good timing as i had nothing today from 6 AM until he came at noon.

One guy was here for about an hour and I told him that I had heard there were 2 different lines and one was better than the other.

He said, "yeah, but the good one is full and there is a guy that is working on making the other one work better"

When he left, i had internet again but he said he really didn't do much of anything. (he was using his own laptop to do his work)

Anyway, i doubt the office people know what to tell you and are just "mai pen rai" type of people.

I think you need to talk to technicians over there to get any real answers.

I just found out a neighbor is own the other (working system) and never has problems so now i know I can go up near his house and login to his service.

Good luck.

I managed to get a TOT to the house [rawai] the other day, he tried but said it the download and ping tests were rubbish and it is a problem around here which they are working on.

Since then it has become even worse and I have just managed to get online after 12 hours.

0.2Mb download and 0.12 upload and 66mps ping test, this is on the 6Mb tarrif!!!!