Tragic Death

AndersSN

Spicey  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last night there was another tragic death outside Spicy.

A young woman age 27 was stabbed to death, and showed in the motte after am argument inside Spicy developed into a full scale fight outside. The fight involved between 10 and 12 girls and culminated with this tragic end at around PM.

The woman killed was not the type you would usually find in Spicy, she didn't drink, smoke or do any of the other things associated with bar girls. I know this because she was a friend of my wife.

All this have led me to think (a dangerous pastime i admit). I think every farang in CM know what goes on in Spicy and that it has gone on for a long time, the fights etc. But how many of us still go there. Because as long as people go the place will make a lot of money, plenty of it lining the polices pockets and helping them ignore the course of these problems and only deal with the aftermaths.

Personally I stooped going to Spicy over a year ago, because I didn't like the atmosphere and never felt really safe. Now I am doubly happy that I stopped going so as not having contributed with my money to what happens there.

So let me know how often you go to Spicy, and if you agree with me let your friends know and let us try and stop further incidents like the one last night but not being sponsors. If you disagree call me crazy, immoral or whatever you fell like, but keep comments about the deceased sober please. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sad... were they all Thai's fighting? I have been to Spicy many times and have never seen any trouble at all - to be fair this is highly unusual unless you have empirical evidence to show otherwise? it's the first time I have ever heard of fighting let alone a death - very sad RIP.

been twice, both times due to friends wanting a drink after all the other places closed

and it wouldnt be on my to go to places list in CM otherwise

RIP

Edited by Donnyboy

some of the most vicious fights I have seen in CM have been Thai girl on Thai girl.

One time at the end of Sonkran a few girls went at it in front of Kad Suan Kaew. They were sweet innocent looking girls who just went nuts grabbing hair and bouncing a girls head on the pavement like a basketball before they got separated. Big hunks of hair ripped out and blood everywhere. Was a real eye opener.

A few other dustups over the years at the notorious spicy and also by the monkey and warmup club. Thai girls can really lose it big time.

Sorry to hear about this girl. She might have figured into some drama about jealousy or something. Sounds like a real shame if she was just a bystander.

Hopefully we get more details in the future.

Sorry to hear of anyone losing their life. Very sad. While there might be good girls and boys that go to Spicy, it is filled with hustlers, thieves and bunko steerers. Having someone stabbed out front is just another excuse to close it down. If a business owner can't police their club, they shouldn't be allowed to operate.

What does "showed in the motte " mean? Really I don't know.

shoved in the moat- most probably

Im assuming the OPs first language isnt english

Thanks Donny got it wrong from Motte and Bailey, the moat ie the thing filled with water that surrounds old CM.

And an edit to my original post, it happened 4AM

I used to go regularly when it was the "Night Illusion" but only two or three times with friends since it became Spicy. Wasn't impressed - come to think of it wasn't that impressed under the previous name, just an all night hangout when everything else closed.

Usually went to Cat Eye where I often stayed until dawn and it also had its fair share of fights. Saw two ladies I knew, best friends, having a real go at it after closing. One knocked down and the other kicking her in the head. :)

A young woman age 27 was stabbed to death, and showed in the motte after am argument inside Spicy developed into a full scale fight outside. The fight involved between 10 and 12 girls and culminated with this tragic end at around PM.

The woman killed was not the type you would usually find in Spicy, she didn't drink, smoke or do any of the other things associated with bar girls. I know this because she was a friend of my wife.

All this have led me to think (a dangerous pastime i admit). I think every farang in CM know what goes on in Spicy and that it has gone on for a long time, the fights etc. But how many of us still go there. Because as long as people go the place will make a lot of money, plenty of it lining the polices pockets and helping them ignore the course of these problems and only deal with the aftermaths.

Personally I stooped going to Spicy over a year ago, because I didn't like the atmosphere and never felt really safe. Now I am doubly happy that I stopped going so as not having contributed with my money to what happens there.

So let me know how often you go to Spicy, and if you agree with me let your friends know and let us try and stop further incidents like the one last night but not being sponsors. If you disagree call me crazy, immoral or whatever you fell like, but keep comments about the deceased sober please. :)

Hi AndersSn... Just wanna know where and how did you get the info about this event...? And at what time did it happen not that it really matters as such a hideous crime is just so over the top that the time is actually irrelevant. No matter what the reasons may have been to cause this, IT IS TOTALLY HIDEOUS .... Makes me ashamed to see people called HUMANS ..... Dogs don't even do that to each other .... :D RIP indeed ...

Hi AndersSn... Just wanna know where and how did you get the info about this event...? And at what time did it happen not that it really matters as such a hideous crime is just so over the top that the time is actually irrelevant. No matter what the reasons may have been to cause this, IT IS TOTALLY HIDEOUS .... Makes me ashamed to see people called HUMANS ..... Dogs don't even do that to each other .... :D RIP indeed ...

it is a shocking crime, but not isolated to Thailand.

btw Dogs can set upon each other, not often, but it does happen. Theres been a few cases in NZ where pit bulls have set upon other dogs,sometimes killing them. I have read a few cases where the dog(s) have set upon small children sad.gif

I know this because she was a friend of my wife.

Hi AndersSn... Just wanna know where and how did you get the info about this event...? And at what time did it happen not that it really matters as such a hideous crime is just so over the top that the time is actually irrelevant. No matter what the reasons may have been to cause this, IT IS TOTALLY HIDEOUS .... Makes me ashamed to see people called HUMANS ..... Dogs don't even do that to each other .... :) RIP indeed ...

Also as I posted earlier it happened at around 4 AM. My wife couldn't work herself up to go to the hospital as she is to shaken, apparently the poor girl was stabbed 9 times.

I really hope something will change and people will stop going, I think that will be the only way to insure things like this will not happen again.

RIP. Never been in the place and don't plane on it.

Same here, but have been to Chiang Mai Airport where planes do land. Got Lost again have we :)

if I'm honest, I will say this: spicy is a big scrapyard in which almost everyone drunken redneck, which starts looking for adventure for ass after the 5 th glass of whiskey.

why go there, where someone always fighting, where constantly puke in front, where constantly make squirt in canal around the old town, and where constantly beat the bottle?

the first time when I was called to the spicy my friends, I came and looked at those people who sat in front, and saw that they were all so drunk, that some even sleeping at the bar. is this normal?

If people like to visit such places - can not help it.

im very sorry about girl, this case is another indication that the normal people in this cesspool should not walk, let there go those who get drunk as a pig

why you go in its scrapyard? in CM not normal place? realy? dont say me about this

sorry my english not good, but i think all understand me

I remember when the last time i went (4 years ago?) after 2am the staff pulled the roller doors down over the front windows, so from the outside, the place would look closed, and i was thinking to myself at the time, this place is a fire trap!

I have heard of a number of fights there and saw one baldy football hooligan type who had been beaten badly - I would not be surprised if he started it though.

Never been and have no desire.

That would be American football I presume? :)

it is a shocking crime, but not isolated to Thailand.

btw Dogs can set upon each other, not often, but it does happen. Theres been a few cases in NZ where pit bulls have set upon other dogs,sometimes killing them. I have read a few cases where the dog(s) have set upon small children sad.gif

Hi Donnyboy

Don't know about it being isolated to Thailand or not or the whole world for that matter as I've seen worse things happne elsewhere but I do know a few things about dogs and you are wrong on one count and a little bit right on the other

"pit bulls have set upon other dogs" Yes and why ....? Because their inhuman owners ( I know Inhuman is probably not a proper english word so all u English language fanatics out there please lay off ) .... have trained them to become vicious and ferocious and attack each and everyting that comes near their territory and to the kill that too! ... not just fend off BUT KILL!! So you are right there...! To a certain point ...but it is not their nature ... WE have trained them to do that which just proves what we really are ,,,!!!

Attack and kill a child ...Yes, it has happened in many countries and in India where I lived for 20 years it has very sadly happened although not frequently, and always and only near the garbage dumps where the rag pickers go to find things to sell and the dogs go to find food .... the dogs are suddenly faced with a little munchkin rag picker of their height of just a little above it and being starving dogs they look at the kid as only another dog trying to steal their food... see!, they are not intelligent as we are suppose to be ... see the difference ??? So they attack to protect their food...not out of jealousy or ego ... but to SURVIVE !! So although your statement is somewhat correct the correlation isn't !

I also have had in Canada a friend living on a superbly beautiful farm in the country side of Quebec city who had 4 huskies who one day one of them ventured off into the forest around the farm.... most likely to do some hunting as their nature calls for it and obviously didn't find any prey to catch and eat .... Came back to the farm where my friend's 4 year old was playing out side in the snow and well... the Husky saw her as a prey and prounced on her and killed her ..... yikes yeah!!! but my friend came to grips with it many, many years later and realized what real nature is all about and how little WE so called HUMANS know or in fact really care about it .... Just the meir fact of people training pit bulls to become what they are and now have the reputation they have only shows how despicable we can be as humans ... Oye.. ok well time to say Good night

I was in there one night, two guys started fighting, security had it under control and took the guys outside. RIP for the poor girl who was stabbed.

I have seen just as bad at Melbourne night clubs and pubs in the wee hours, one Melbourne club I went to had a Airport style metal detector and guards with hand held detector units at the door, but that didnt stop them breaking bottles inside this Melbourne club.

Ive only been 5 times in 6 years, not my favourite place, Ive never seen any trouble there but you just get the sense that it can happen at anytime. I also don't like the fact that there is only a small exit for the amount of people that go there, its a firetrap in my opinion.

I have been to Spicy a few times... funnily enough, it is because the other nightclubs start too late... by 11pm when Spicy is just starting, I've been on it for 11 hours, and am starting to hit the beer limiter... not drunk, 'cause I pace myself so I never get drunk, but just tired and nearly ready for bed...

I would never have known that Spicy can be a trouble spot... Interesting... I might reconsider going there again, thanks to the OP...

And the violence when fights happen does seem to be much worse in Thailand than any fights I have seen here in Australia... maybe because here, the bouncers get on top of it very quickly, and it is unusual for fights to be between more that 2 or 4 people... much easier to control that when it is between a dozen...

Cheers,

Daewoo