Glitterman Speaks About Wild Dogs.

glitterman

The very Almighty and powerful but not barking mad Wizard is back with this snapping slice.

There is a wild stray dog on almost every soi in Pattaya and they are VERY territorial, usually living near some sort of food outlet. Any dogs instinct is to naturally chase somebody, unfortunatly in the past that somebody was always me. Which resulted in me having to have a series of rabies shots just to be sure that i do not go mad.....[no jokes here please....its too easy for you]

I have seen dogs jump out from the shadows on to unsuspecting motorcycle drivers. [especially in Soi Bukaou]. The surprised driver swerves into oncoming traffic as the dog continues to chase the surprised and frightened driver. I have read that this results in VERY serious injuries and damage.

I absolutely love visiting Thai temples they are very beautiful and very ornate. Just my cup of tea, actually coffee . [ incidently Wimbledon, London were i live has the only Thai temple in Europe] BUT EVERY TIME i go inside a Thai temple here, i am threatened to be bitten on the legs by packs of dogs that live there, making my visit 'very unpleasureable indeed i should say, what ho' [upper class jargon talk] When one dog starts to bark and approach then it is quickly followed by the rest of the pack.

I have had around ten dogs chasing me all at once especially near Bali Hai pier, they come out of the waist lands as i pass it. The best thing to do is STOP and do what the Thais do, pretend that you have stones in your hand poised ready to throw, this usually works well.

I have to carry a toy pistol on my show bike that fires plastic balls, no power, just noise, that also works. and i have to wear anti dog bite boots i made.

The results of these dogs adventures can be visibly seen, they limp around the city from past 'accidents'. Freindship supermarket has 2 dogs there that only have 3 legs.

These wild dogs are very much loved by the Thai motorcycle taxi men, but are feared by tourists [Russian ladies etc] who carefully avoid them. I am sure you expats have been threatened to be bitten by a wild dog in the past week. i would NEVER trust a wild dog to walk behind me again.

I am not a dog hater. Our old family dog [Talvarin breed] had its fur dyed grey to resemble a werewolf [before computer magic] so it could be filmed in the 80s Brittish werewolf blockbuster film; 'A company of wolves'

Any replies from the G.M.C. [Grumpy Mens Club] of this forum saying that they are happy that i was bitten will be 'Tarred and feathered' and then 'hung drawn and quartered' in Soho market square and then their chunks of flesh be fed to the wild ravashing dogs during my show round.

The Royal Glitterman hath Spoken.

[Photo= A packet of 'Golden Wonder' crisps, the year date on her camera was wrong, it should of been adjusted to 2006]

post-96609-004452800 1275925600_thumb.jp

Edited by glitterman

There is a wild stray dog on almost every soi in Pattaya and they are VERY territorial, usually living near some sort of food outlet. Any dogs instinct is to naturally chase somebody, unfortunatly in the past that somebody was always me.

Finally GM, you post something I can relate to. Don't worry, you're not the only one thats been chased by a cranky soi dog :)

Is that you in that photo glitterman?

I did see you once in Pattaya and remember thinking that they let you out

of that mental asylum just a little too prematurely.

Jealous 'cos you were still in there are we?

I see you are just a cameo in the photo Glitterman......the real subject/topic is the dog chasing you right?

I too can relate to GM's article. Back around mid-April a soi dog decided to cross Soi Wat Boon just as I was passing by. After broadsiding it with my bike, I went down. After sliding on the asphalt for a bit I finally came to a stop. It turned out, that aside from road rash, I had broken my foot in two places. Although my cast is now off, I'm still limping around.

I would think that maybe the Thai authorities might do something about their dog problem, but... Sadly, the chances of them addressing this problem are about as good as that Ocean One Tower ever getting built. ...such is life (in LOS).

Never heard of a Talvarin breed of dog!

Searched on google and wiki but nothing found.

Is this some kind of "exterestial dog"?

:)

In fairness to this raving loonie, reference to Wikipedia would add some credibility (?) to the family dog story:-

The script naturally calls for a great number of wolves to appear. However, due to budgetary constraints and other factors such as cast safety, most of the 'wolves' shown in the film are in fact evidently Belgian Shepherd Dogs, mainly Terveurens and Groenendals, whose fur was specially dyed

Read Terveurens for "Talvarin".

I still believe the soi dog is the one that was most afraid in this encounter.

We have to consider that a dog seeing such a garish sight coming down the soi which obviously is different from the usually fair, must be some kind of interloper or threat and a challenge response is in order.

That, and maybe they feel you should be bitten just on general principle for looking so idiotic,

Any replies from the G.M.C. [Grumpy Mens Club] of this forum saying that they are happy that i was bitten will be 'Tarred and feathered' and then 'hung drawn and quartered' in Soho market square and then their chunks of flesh be fed to the wild ravashing dogs during my show round.

Wow, that sounds like a good club. How do I join? Are there any membership fees? Any benefits other than annoying glitterman?

For some reason dogs chase after bicycles, I have no idea why this is, you can be walking and they will leave you alone but pedal past on a bicycle and they will chase you. I found that a a squirt from your water bottle will often send them on their way, the other good one as Glitterman says is to bend down and pretend to pick up a stone.

I was once chased and trapped between a pack of dogs on a narrow jungle trial behind me and a black cobra in front of me, fortunately the dogs saw the snake as well and turned and ran offm phew what a relief.

How interesting, this overwhelming desire to be noticed. Same as the suit. This NEED to be noticed.

You're probably quite insecure..............and lonely.

World needs different charactors.

Anyway the ought to get rid off all these filthy dogs from the streets, if they city council would pay 1000 bht per dead dog in this low season theyd be gone in a matter of hours.

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic 'Hang em High' text deleted

[

Anyway the ought to get rid off all these filthy dogs from the streets, if they city council would pay 1000 bht per dead dog in this low season theyd be gone in a matter of hours.

Think putting you to sleep would be more appropiate.

Putting any animal to sleep in Thailand( OK killing it) just would not happen,Buddha and all that. Vets will not terminate pregnant dogs either.It's filthy dumb idiotic people that make these dogs what they are. Easily controlled if strerilisation was brought into practice

glitterman, there is a thai temple in tenerife, which is in europe according to ask jeeves.

i remember reading something a couple of years ago, i think on this forum, about dogs chasing bikes and motorbikes and according to a DOG PHSYCOLOGIST its just dogs having "dog fun".

.maybe we should start throwing sticks for them.

Think putting you to sleep would be more appropiate.

Putting any animal to sleep in Thailand( OK killing it) just would not happen,Buddha and all that. Vets will not terminate pregnant dogs either.It's filthy dumb idiotic people that make these dogs what they are. Easily controlled if strerilisation was brought into practice

Take it youve a Staffy.

Theyve the death penalty in Thailand, a ludicrously high murder rate, most people eat meat so i dont buy that Buddhism excuse.