Shane Warne Sex Shame....again !

Depends who he puts in the 3 % basket. :o

Only those with Lampard knee pads on.....hope thats not u now Ozzydom...hmmmm

Not likely my boy, me brown-nose a pom ,pigs will fly first, I just play the cards as there dealt :D

Bit lucky last night wern't you Ozzy boy. I watched the whole match on baggygreen. Thought you'd come unstuck till your favourite Pom came in again and pulled you out of the mire. Just think, he could have played for the West Indies as well as England. Still he played for Kent; that's important.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not likely my boy, me brown-nose a pom ,pigs will fly first, I just play the cards as there dealt :D

Bit lucky last night wern't you Ozzy boy. I watched the whole match on baggygreen. Thought you'd come unstuck till your favourite Pom came in again and pulled you out of the mire. Just think, he could have played for the West Indies as well as England. Still he played for Kent; that's important.

Nah, never in doubt lamp,oOz rested their two best performing bowlers and were just having a bit of batting practise ready for the real enemy.

Bangladesh are not the easy beats they are made out to be ,they have been thrashed by Oz and the Poms on one occasion each, and three times have made over 200 runs and were competitive. The six wicket win headline was flattering as it was a good match but Oz just had too many guns in the end. Dav Whatmore is a good coach and as he finds more talent for his team expect more big scalps for the Bangladeshi,s. Our dreadlocked boy is a true blue Aussie although he,s gonna take plenty of your pommy cash to play county cricket , another chance for the poms to learn from the Aussies :D

no choice reqd for him lampy

I reckon Lampie....that the only reason you are taking the mick out of the Aussie team is because...............

other than Darren Cough.....nobody knows stuff all about the Pommie team.....comparatively a bunch of unknowns, untested...private school boys...

go on admit it...... :D

:o:D

Article from 'The Australian' newspaper - 02 July 2005

Warne return provides test of loyalty for team-mates

by Malcolm Conn

WHEN Shane Warne arrives to join the Ashes squad in 10 days amid a maelstrom of hysteria, it is unlikely that all of his team-mates will embrace the world's most successful bowler with unequivocal support.

Warne has been so self-absorbed for so long that some have grown weary of the inevitable hyperbole which accompanies him.

It is hardly a crime for a great sportsman to be self-focused. Indeed, it is that relentless self-belief that has combined to make Warne one of the greatest bowlers of all time.

His refusal to accept failure and an iron will to be the best regardless of sometimes seemingly insurmountable odds and obstacles have combined with Warne's extraordinary talent to produce a once-in-a-century cricketer.

However, there are those in the Australian camp who have been furious at times for what they perceived as a "Warne above all others" approach by the great man.

Loyalty has sometimes been conditional on where Warne fits into the scheme of things - for in Warne's mind there was a scheme for a long time. It was to be Australian captain.

This is not an unreasonable ambition for one of the greatest cricketers the game has seen and there can be no question about his ability to read the game. Warne is widely credited with having one of the finest cricket brains in the game.

In his 11 matches as one-day captain in place of an injured Steve Waugh during the 1998-99 season involving England and Sri Lanka, Australia lost only one game and made a clean sweep of the finals.

When Warne was first made captain of Victoria in 1996, state cricket director Bill Lawry made it clear Warne was given the job in the hope that he would become the first Australian captain from Victoria since Graham Yallop.

It was a vision splendid that Warne deeply coveted. His journey through cricket had been mapped out and his ego responded accordingly. But Warne had so little understanding of the wider responsibilities of leadership that he took only a few minutes as captain to utter his first fib.

Warne had been struggling with an injured spinning finger and there was speculation he might require surgery. Warne denied this at his captaincy appointment press conference, claiming that physiotherapy and good management was all he required. The next day he was shown on television at a Melbourne private hospital following an operation.

"It wasn't my fault," Warne later declared. "They came looking for (Essendon star) James Hird and I was in the next room."

Not for the first time truth and transparency were sacrificed on the altar of ego and expediency. Warne would deny this, but then he has lived a life of denial at home and on the road.

He would deny that he has been a disruptive influence yet there was a time under Steve Waugh's early reign that Warne was deeply resentful. Warne does not hide his feelings well.

When Taylor retired as Test captain at the beginning of 1999, it was publicly assumed that there was a two-horse race for Australia's top sporting job. This was never really the case.

Even in his pre-scandal days, the then Australian Cricket Board were too terrified of Warne's impulsive nature and what he might do or say. They regarded him as a loose cannon.

At an informal briefing between journalists and senior Australian cricket people, I once asked if any of them had their heart in their mouth at the prospect of Warne becoming Australian captain. There was stunned silence.

So Waugh got the job and on his first Test tour as captain, to the West Indies in 1999, was forced to drop Warne, who was struggling to return from a career-threatening shoulder operation.

The team went straight on to the World Cup but Warne was furious at being dropped. His agitation made the early stages of Australia's campaign even more difficult as Waugh went over the top with discipline. However, senior players encouraged Waugh to relax and Warne returned to brilliant form, winning man-of-the-match awards in the semi-final and final.

But after an inevitable Warne tabloid scandal, this time over accusations of phone sex with a prostitute, and the jubilant return of Australia as heroes was marred by a downcast Warne talking of retirement. Some of Warne's team-mates were angry Warne had rained on the team's parade. The gap between tolerance and annoyance has been closing ever since.

I reckon Lampie....that the only reason you are taking the mick out of the Aussie team is because...............

other than Darren Cough.....nobody knows stuff all about the Pommie team.....comparatively a bunch of unknowns, untested...private school boys...

go on admit it...... :D

:o  :D

Of course I've got to admit it. We've brought in a bunch of new bloods because the old hats were not performing up to scratch. In fact I know of another team like that, or rapidly becoming like that. Any idea who I'm talking about Burnsie. Go on admit it :D:D:D

Most Oz pubs have a large wooden spoon mounted over the bar and awarded to the pubs biggest sh*t stirrer and suitably engraved, Perhaps TV could consider such an award, and we all know who would be the first recipient ,dont we LAMPS :o

Most Oz pubs have a large wooden spoon mounted over the bar and awarded to the pubs biggest sh*t stirrer and suitably engraved, Perhaps TV could consider such an award, and we all know who would be the first recipient ,dont we LAMPS :D

Yeah I know mate..........but I wouldn't want to award anything to Super Fly :o

We havn't got that in England though...........not enough sh1t stirrers. Still it's nice to hear finally that you are a country of stirrers. Nice one Ozzie.

Edited by lampard10

Just remember lads, to turn my words round so you use them against me, you must be smarter than me. In a discussion like this England v Australia I hold all the aces. :D

:o:D

U really are out there Lampard....really....smarter than u ??.....even a dingo in the outback knows not to walk to far from a water source....unlike ur fellow country men and women....

so I say that an Australian Dingo pup, has more brain cells than u....

Edited by Siam_superfly

Just remember lads, to turn my words round so you use them against me, you must be smarter than me. In a discussion like this England v Australia I hold all the aces. :D

Ah ! its truly heartwrenching, the way the poms can maintain that stiff upper lip in the face of defeat. Real humility (or humiliating ?) :o:D

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going from bad to worse for our hero. :o

Nine cancels Warne's $300,000 contract

23:06 AEST Tue Jul 12 2005

AAP

Media magnate Kerry Packer has reportedly cancelled a $300,000 contract with Australian test cricket great Shane Warne.

Channel 9 has given Warne his marching orders after losing patience with his controversial off-field conduct, News Limited newspapers report.

Mr Packer personally phoned Warne to tell him of the decision to axe the leg-spin bowler from his television network after consulting with senior executives.

The newspaper said it understood Nine had a clause inserted in Warne's last contract allowing for termination if his off-field conduct was unsatisfactory.

Channel 9 refused to comment but the newspaper sources said the network would not re-employ Warne because of his continual bad behaviour.

The decision follows news of Warne's affair involving a 25-year-old student in England, the latest in a series of sex scandals.

On June 25, the Warnes jointly announced the end of almost 10 years of marriage.

Warne had been employed by the Nine network for more than a decade and was being groomed for a commentary role.

His manager and brother Jason said they were "extremely disappointed" with the termination given Warne's long connection with the network.

Commentating was something the cricketer was looking forward to doing in retirement, the newspapers reported them as saying.

(Ninemsn news release)