Fedex Ripoff?

piiguy

A parcel from the states (food supplements) arrived in Bangkok on Monday via Fedex. The value of the goods is about 1500 baht. After sitting in customs for three days fedex tell me I need to pay 200baht customs 100 baht for something else and 800 baht to Fedex for handling. In the past I have received similar parcels via DHL and have only had to pay about 200 baht for the handling fee. Anyone have a similar experience or advice. Thanks.

Fedex were acting as your clearance agent hence the 800thb clearance agent charge. Now you are free to use any clearance agent u wish you don't need to use fedex. However to find an agent who will clear it for you for the same or less than fedex is more or less impossible.

Is it a rip-off yes. Do you have any choice - no not if you want your item.

You would have had the same deal with DHL as it is simply customs - not all items will be held by customs just a percentage you were lucky last time with DHL but not this time.

Edited by negreanu

Fedex was not my choice of courier, it was the seller's, I had no say in the matter.

If you recoment DHL or any other company except FEDEX and seller going to send the goods to you with fedex, i would let the seller pay for the extra costs.

If not, don't except the package.