Descent Quiet Hotels On Sukhumvit

AAACEEE

Hi guys I recently posted a topic of my first trip to bkk and got some great reply's of where to stay...

mostly of guesthouses/hotels near the nana plaza area...

It turns out my father is going with me and altho he's not shy of any girlbars or any of that we would not want our hotel/gh in the middle of it maybe because of the noise and we would like a place where you can cool your jets :)

i know from a little research that sukhumvit is a nice place/street (and big) and maybe somebody can help me further with a nice clean and maybe a little new guesthouse or hotel (not 2 huge) we like the smaller places not to far from the action but not on top of it ........and maybe even another area is fine to

we are arriving the 14th of this month and it would be nice if i can find and book something upfront

somebody can point us in the right direction would be awesome our

ps our budget will not be over 1k baht

many thanx

Hi!

A lot of places are offering good deals right now. You can start form this link:

Hotels and Guesthouses on Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok

Soi 8 is a good location, or you could try the Sukhumvit Suites near Asoke. I noticed that they are offering a 2-for-1 deal (window display - not posted on their website). Sukhumvit Suites is a fairly new venture, looks very nice, and meets your criteria. If they do offer the 2-1 rate, then that will meet your 1,000 baht budget.

Soi 11 is also a good place to base yourselves.

My link

Be aware Sukhumvit is a very long road includes nana to Pattaya

Low Sois 1-6 and 22 are nightlife areas and busy/noisy

Depends what you want to do visit

These areas have their attractions

Silom

Thewes right by river and national Library

mostly cheap family guest houses in a very Thai area

National Stadium area where the Reno may meet your budget

River City and Yaowarat mid high range prices but some net bargains

The Royal Hotel on Sanam luang is handy for museums Palaces etc

Everywhere is only about $5 in an air con taxi/skytrain with meter on so quality of room adjacent restaurants are my criteria

I prefer Thewes and N Bangkok as I have family nearby

Hi,

you can try sumana house it is the best in your price range its in soi 3 near nana station the best place to stay in BKK

it is inside a small lane it is small but very well maintained i had a very good exp there a very quit and peaceful stay in the

busy nana area they charge around 700 per night but dont go on the rate its a good place when you call they ask more

but you have to neg..

sumana house, 0847158143, 026550314

call before 6 pm thai time because only the owner can speak good english and she will leave at 6

remember nana area is the best to stay dont go far in sukumvit road it is tooooo long gose out of the city

The Ibis on Soi 4 is great. Very quite, new, clean, close to everything. If you want to be near the malls, Soi Kasemsan 1, across from MBK and near the National Stadium sky train station, has quite a few places. Reno is one...a bit old, but OK. I prefer Patumwan House, at the end of the soi and then head left as it turns. Pretty quiet, free wifi and around 1000B.

Another nice place is Majestic Suites. Very nice, near Soi 4 on Suk....get a back room and you can peer down into Nana Plaza!

This place here on Sukhumvit 9 is £21 a night or £23 including breakfast. There are others as you can see. The place I have booked (but on Rama IV road) 4* is only £39 for 3 nights including breakfast, and well rated on Trip Advisor. So many different boxes to tick makes it hard to choose. Good internet in the rooms? Swimming Pool? Might be very important to some, but others aren't bothered.