Dear Friends

I was staying in a company provided accommodation in Bangkok where pets were allowed. I have a medium size dog. recently I was transfered to Factory location in Lopburi and My wife, who works in Bangkok had to move to her parents house. The building in which they own the apartment has a no pet policy. But there are a couple houses which already have pets. When asked, they said that the rule was made 2 years back and at the time the houses which have pets were allowed to continue keeping them. Then we came to know that there is another house which has pet dog and they had a similar problem. They went for the voting in the committee and were allowed as they won the vote. We only requested that once or twice a month, If I have to visit to bangkok for 1 or 2 nights, if they can allow the pet to stay. he is not a problem and never goes out when staying in Bangkok. The building committee has been making a lot of fuss and a few times when in emergency we had to keep him in building, they sent us fine @ 1k THB per day. They even created a lot of problem when I was stuck in Bangkok at the time of riots and could not go back to Lopburi.

can you of you learned members suggest what can we do in this case. The rules should definitely be same for all residents and there should be no discrimination. we're being constantly warned of actions against us. Its a terrible situation where I can't even visit bangkok to meet my wife if there is any problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

Looks like they are using a "grandfathered" approach as to who can have dogs. That is, if you had a dog before the rule change you can keep it; otherwise you can't have a dog. But what keeps "grandfathered" members from just getting another dog when Spot passes away (as trying to fool everyone that's it's the same dog). I expect there is no law against "grandfathering" as governments do it all the time when passing laws, but it can create bad situations like you are experiencing.

For every 1-2 people who "might" not be a nuisance with their pets their are 10 others who will Im talking dogs/cats, wouldnt it be great if other people actually did have some respect for their neighbours, sadly we know 99% of people are selfish kucfers hence the rules.

• 10 months later...

For every 1-2 people who "might" not be a nuisance with their pets their are 10 others who will Im talking dogs/cats, wouldnt it be great if other people actually did have some respect for their neighbours, sadly we know 99% of people are selfish kucfers hence the rules.

Dear Friends

The problem is increasing day by day and its costing us more and more to fight this battle. Would really appreciate if some learned member could guide us a bit in the matter.

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

You're saying that another house owner, who got his dog after the grandfather clause, petitioned his case to the committee and was then allowed to house their pet.

Why don't you do the same.

Find out who has voting powers and talk to them individually. Explain that you'll only plan to keep the dog there a few days a month.

If every house/apartment owner have voting rights, make sure that the ones friendly to you (and your dog) will be at meeting, to cast a favorable vote for you.