IreMark

Per day

Accomadation

Food

Travel

Beer

Other (please state)

Mark

I go 3 months a year ( 3 times 1 month ) and this is roughly what i spend .

Accomodation : take small house 10000 baht a month including electricity and water and cable tv . Before i took hotels and i still do that when staying in BKK for 2 or 3 nights , never pay more then 1200 baht/day .

Food & drinks daytime : between 300 and 700 baht

travel : ??? what does travelling mean ??? i guess , you mean taking transport without planetickets . I have a motorcycle , but before i rented 1 , say standard price is 200 baht/d + fuel . Say 200 baht a week , not more (probably half of that but whatever ) . In BKK , skytrain when possible , at night taxi , so say 200 baht a day .

Beer : i call that nighttime venue ... anything between 300 and 5000 baht . Take a average 1500 to 2000 / night .

Per day

Accomadation

Food

Travel

Beer

Other (please state)

Mark

I go 3 months a year ( 3 times 1 month ) and this is roughly what i spend .

Accomodation : take small house 10000 baht a month including electricity and water and cable tv . Before i took hotels and i still do that when staying in BKK for 2 or 3 nights , never pay more then 1200 baht/day .

Food & drinks daytime : between 300 and 700 baht

travel : ??? what does travelling mean ??? i guess , you mean taking transport without planetickets . I have a motorcycle , but before i rented 1 , say standard price is 200 baht/d + fuel . Say 200 baht a week , not more (probably half of that but whatever ) . In BKK , skytrain when possible , at night taxi , so say 200 baht a day .

Beer : i call that nighttime venue ... anything between 300 and 5000 baht . Take a average 1500 to 2000 / night .

Thanks for your reply.

Travel meaning if you started off in Bangkok and traveled to Laos, then down south etc. Bus and boat journeys or whatever.

Mark

Edited by IreMark

Iremark, you may get more info if you search this topic in the forum as there are many threads relating to costs out here from both expats and tourists and because similar topics have been opened here so many times you may not a get a lot of response with this new one.

Just a suggestion to help. :o

Per day

Accomadation

Food

Travel

Beer

Other (please state)

Mark

Accomadation = paid for maintainence per month 600 bht

Food = 30 (sorry ...its my diet time...i eat 1 meal per day

Travel = hard to say i drive...500Bht per few wks

Beer = woooohhhhhh no beer

Other (please state)

Bambi :o

Are you going to be travelling through Thailand then?

I was getting through 1,000 U.K.P per month quite easily.

I was not being extravagant or frivilous but I did have a big budget and you find that you will adapt to whatever your budget may be.

However, if I knew then what I know now, I would have had the experience and knowledge to avoid unnesessary spending.

Are you going to be travelling through Thailand then?

I was getting through 1,000 U.K.P per month quite easily.

I was not being extravagant or frivilous but I did have a big budget and you find that you will adapt to whatever your budget may be.

However, if I knew then what I know now, I would have had the experience and knowledge to avoid unnesessary spending.

I will be travelling through Thailand and it's not my first but I was just curious to see what everyone else spends preferably without BGs.

Mark

30,000 per month and up I reckon. Sounds like you're going to be budget travelling like a backpacker as you mention buses etc. If you're going budget then a half decent guesthouse out of Bangers will be about 300 per night. Eating off hawker stalls and noodles will save you loads, as will drinking Chang and Leo beer instead of the European beers. Budgets are usually lost on beer and tarts...sorry, not very pc...ladies, but you say preferably no bgs, so you'll definitely save there big time. Basically, you could get up and down the country for a couple of thousand by using buses and trains, but always worth keeping an eye on the budget airlines here as they often have good deals, although if you're travelling you'll no doubt be wanting to stop off everywhere.

Other things to be wary of if you're on a budget are the fast food western joints as you'll spend three times you would on a Thia meal and you'll be hungry again in an hour. Places like Phuket and especially Samui will seriously eat into your wedge and the problem with Bangkok is, you have to spend money to be entertained...no beach! Saying that, there's always the sky train I spose. :o

Good luck!

30,000 per month and up I reckon. Sounds like you're going to be budget travelling like a backpacker as you mention buses etc. If you're going budget then a half decent guesthouse out of Bangers will be about 300 per night. Eating off hawker stalls and noodles will save you loads, as will drinking Chang and Leo beer instead of the European beers. Budgets are usually lost on beer and tarts...sorry, not very pc...ladies, but you say preferably no bgs, so you'll definitely save there big time. Basically, you could get up and down the country for a couple of thousand by using buses and trains, but always worth keeping an eye on the budget airlines here as they often have good deals, although if you're travelling you'll no doubt be wanting to stop off everywhere.

Other things to be wary of if you're on a budget are the fast food western joints as you'll spend three times you would on a Thia meal and you'll be hungry again in an hour. Places like Phuket and especially Samui will seriously eat into your wedge and the problem with Bangkok is, you have to spend money to be entertained...no beach! Saying that, there's always the sky train I spose. :o

Good luck!

Well im not the backpacker sharing a chang type but I guess I do fit into the backpacker category. I will be staying in the Mandarin hotel in Bangkok and fairly decent resorts around the place. I'm going from Bangkok-Laos-Bangkok and in no other particular order, Samui(my favourite), Phangan, Tao, Phuket and Phi Phi to do a bit of volunteer work. Cambodia and Vietnam don't interest me much and I can always see them again because it won't be the last time I visit.

My whole visit will be nearly 2 months in lenght and this question isn't for help, it's for curiosity and I know plenty of people can benefit from threads like this. I know I did when I first planning.

Thanks,

Mark

Good luck!

Well im not the backpacker sharing a chang type but I guess I do fit into the backpacker category. I will be staying in the Mandarin hotel in Bangkok and fairly decent resorts around the place. I'm going from Bangkok-Laos-Bangkok and in no other particular order, Samui(my favourite), Phangan, Tao, Phuket and Phi Phi to do a bit of volunteer work. Cambodia and Vietnam don't interest me much and I can always see them again because it won't be the last time I visit.

My whole visit will be nearly 2 months in lenght and this question isn't for help, it's for curiosity and I know plenty of people can benefit from threads like this. I know I did when I first planning.

Thanks,

Mark

You seem to know the score already then Mark, why the post? With Samui and Phi Phi et al, you can double my figure. Obviously you can go the odd day without spending much but what's the point if you're only here for a couple of months? Live a little.

You seem to know the score already then Mark, why the post? With Samui and Phi Phi et al, you can double my figure. Obviously you can go the odd day without spending much but what's the point if you're only here for a couple of months? Live a little.

Well as I said above im curious as to what others spend in a month. I don't find the budget has to double down in Samui. I like to stay in Lamai and find prices quite reasonable.

Sorry if the post is repetitive but im sure some people will get use out of it.

you might also have a look at www.lonelyplanet.com on the thorntree branch relating to thailand. this question gets a lot of coverage and some very detailed replies. also most of the people on the branch are travellers/backpackers, rather than expats or long term stayers.

You can spend 30,000 baht in a month, or in a week. Its entirely up to you and the way you live and where you stay. If its a short time holiday, why not spend that little extra and enjoy! If you're there to live then you make use of the convenient ways to travel and live. Its what you make of it, but as a rule, i always take a little extra in reserve! Skytrain, Baht bus, Taxis, Thai style hotels, Thai houses or apartments are always available and a cheap way to exist...........

You can spend 30,000 baht in a month, or in a week. Its entirely up to you and the way you live and where you stay. If its a short time holiday, why not spend that little extra and enjoy! If you're there to live then you make use of the convenient ways to travel and live. Its what you make of it, but as a rule, i always take a little extra in reserve! Skytrain, Baht bus, Taxis, Thai style hotels, Thai houses or apartments are always available and a cheap way to exist...........

Agree completely ... Just the way you want to have your holiday . Can have it very cheap , can have it very expensive . I think i'm somewhere on the highside , because i'm not really looking for a saving somewhere . I know i could eat and drink a lot cheaper , but i'm on a holiday so , who cares ( it is my money :o ) . The nightlife , well , don't go there or just drink a couple of beeers and you are of with 200 or 300 bath .