Cost To Renovate Or Remodel House In Bkk?

I looking at a very general estimate to renovate a 30 year old house. Received house as an inheritance (90yr old grandma) and planning to move in but would like a more cosmetically appealing house with modern updates.

Price by the sqm?

I do understand there are numerous variables that could add to the cost, like if the roofing need to be re-roofed or inside wiring, plumbing etc..

I am looking for a general renovation as the house is not crumbling but it would need some major updating,

like floors re-tiled, new wooden floor, cabinets, all sinks faucets replaced. Pretty much a complete renovation.

Lets consider the foundation and frame are in good shape. What would the cost of a complete renovation be? Looking for medium quality construction, not high-end nor cheap quality.

Just wondering if it worth it to do a major renovation or raze the whole thing and start from scratch, foundation up.

Detail of the house:

Located in Bangkok

2 story house, 2bedroom 1 bath

150sqm

Any other info needed?

I looking at a very general estimate to renovate a 30 year old house. Received house as an inheritance (90yr old grandma) and planning to move in but would like a more cosmetically appealing house with modern updates.

Price by the sqm?

I do understand there are numerous variables that could add to the cost, like if the roofing need to be re-roofed or inside wiring, plumbing etc..

I am looking for a general renovation as the house is not crumbling but it would need some major updating,

like floors re-tiled, new wooden floor, cabinets, all sinks faucets replaced. Pretty much a complete renovation.

Lets consider the foundation and frame are in good shape. What would the cost of a complete renovation be? Looking for medium quality construction, not high-end nor cheap quality.

Just wondering if it worth it to do a major renovation or raze the whole thing and start from scratch, foundation up.

Detail of the house:

Located in Bangkok

2 story house, 2bedroom 1 bath

150sqm

Any other info needed?

Find yourself a good contractor and have him inspect the house especially the foundation before making a decision. If foundation has problems maybe cheaper to blade it and start from scratch.

"I am looking for a general renovation as the house is not crumbling but it would need some major updating, like floors re-tiled, new wooden floor, cabinets, all sinks faucets replaced. Pretty much a complete renovation"

And add a few windows that are rotten, mosquito nets, a door here and there, perhaps a sliding door entry, they are nice and let in more light, old houses are pretty dark. That's 300,000 bath plus. Including a bit of electricity work