How Long Is It Valid?

For exemple when I am applying for an extension of retirement (retirement-Visa). I must show the immigration a certified

document from my embassy stating my monthly income.

I did receive one now yesterday 10th of june, But my former retirementvisa is expering round 12th september (in 3 month).

Do you think that Immigration will accept me coming already now 3 month early to renew my retirementVisa??

Very grateful for any input. i.e. if immigration NOT will accept me coming 3 months too early, than next question is;

For how long time is the document stating my income valid?? Does that document run old and useless???

Thanks

Glegolo

Up to the office/officer involved. Some have allowed for years - some much less. But being original and in same year hopefully will be accepted by most places.

Thank you Lopburi3, good answer as usual.

Glegolo

You can apply to renew your extension(retirement-Visa)one month ahead of the due date and in special circumstances like your heading back to your native country when it expires they will renew it as they did with me two months ahead of the renewal date.

Immigration normally insists that all documents and medical certificates, etc, are no older than 30 days irrespective of their validity period.

I checked with my local IO in Maptaput last year before renewing and they indicated my pension letter dated in late July would be accepted for my renewal date of early September. And when I renewed in September it was no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

You can apply to renew your extension(retirement-Visa)one month ahead of the due date and in special circumstances like your heading back to your native country when it expires they will renew it as they did with me two months ahead of the renewal date.

Immigration normally insists that all documents and medical certificates, etc, are no older than 30 days irrespective of their validity period.

Just came back yesterday from Khon Kaen well dressed and good behaviour. To my surprice and sadness the first girl

just started to read the law for me and said not possible even though I showed her my airticket to Sweden and also informed

her that my mother was 93 years old. I was very polite...

Than she sent me over to her "boss", a guy that I already when I waited, noted was a less knowledgeable man than the girl were.

he was running on and on to her and asking questions about his job.

This guy finally after 20 minutes took his time and just read the law to me as well. He couldn´t speak a single word english (I had my wife with me).

After talking to him he sent me over to the next (girl).

This one I might add, seemed to be the one that knew the most. And what did she do, YES, she read the law to me and also she was

NOT AT ALL interested to help out in spite I have the E-ticket to Sweden.

On top of this she wanted to see my Yellow book. I have never before been asked to show any yellow book, so take warning guys, To be sure,

bring something that gives proofs where you live.

It was a sad experience for me, I was hopefull, especially after the post saying that there were a chance that they might accept a extension of

my retirementvisa 2 months ahead of time.

But Khon Kaen was NOT interested.. In my simple eyes it is surpricing that immigration offices is so dam_n hard sometimes. Financeially it

must be very good if falang comes in and renew their visas every 10th month instead (like me this time). That means that Thailand makes

1.900 baht more often, or???

At last, the last girl promised me that my letter from my embassy stating my income (dated 9 june) is OK when I come back in september again.

But do I dare to believe it??? That will be thrilling I guess....

Glegolo

Financeially it

must be very good if falang comes in and renew their visas every 10th month instead (like me this time). That means that Thailand makes

1.900 baht more often, or???

It does not make more money for Immigration as an extension of stay starts at the end of the current extension of stay.