What Are Those Dots?

ChiangMaiFun

Thanks for that explanation. Now.... can someone explain whey some topic folders are different colors, some faded out, etc? Haven't found a legend for that anywhere.

Click on any forum or subforum and you will see it at the bottom right.

post-566-020041600 1276327873_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that explanation. Now.... can someone explain whey some topic folders are different colors, some faded out, etc? Haven't found a legend for that anywhere.

Click on any forum or subforum and you will see it at the bottom right.

post-566-020041600 1276327873_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tywais! Now back to those dots.... Just a few more posts and I guess I get another one. Could be a life-changing experience.

This thread is driving me dotty - but I guess that's because I'm in my dotage?

Hey, at least you have five dots..... What about us little guys?

Its amazing what the fifth dot does for your self esteem.

Since I earned mine I've started my own business....won the lottery....married a supermodel etc....

But I won't let it change me at all.....

The sixth dot however well......

This thread is driving me dotty - but I guess that's because I'm in my dotage?

Hey, at least you have five dots..... What about us little guys?

Its amazing what the fifth dot does for your self esteem.

Since I earned mine I've started my own business....won the lottery....married a supermodel etc....

But I won't let it change me at all.....

The sixth dot however well......

So we'll always be one dot short of a full load...... That explains everything!

These image popups have now acquired a "Save" icon. It doesn't work...

Indirectly it does. As the popup image is in a flash container and can't be saved it opens the actual image in another tab/window which can be right clicked on and saved. At least that is what it does for me.

These image popups have now acquired a "Save" icon. It doesn't work...

Indirectly it does. As the popup image is in a flash container and can't be saved it opens the actual image in another tab/window which can be right clicked on and saved. At least that is what it does for me.

OK, yes and you could always just retrieve the image from the cache, or go to Tools > Page Info > Media and get it that way. The "save" link doesn't save the image (or open up a pop-up save dialog) so it shouldn't be named "Save", as that's not what it does. A minor point, I suppose, but anyone clicking it and expecting it to allow them to save the image is going to be disappointed - except for the IT-savvy people who know about "right-click save as". But then those people should also know about the other two saving methods I mentioned, which kind of renders the icon redundant...

But then those people should also know about the other two saving methods I mentioned, which kind of renders the icon redundant...

If you want to get picky you can always use the Print Screen feature of your computer. :) I agree, it is misleading or perhaps it is a bug to be fixed in an upgrade. In the previous version, everyone had to use right click - save image, this just adds an additional step. Only a very minor inconvenience for me.

If you want to get picky you can always use the Print Screen feature of your computer. :)

Another possible option yes - though that would involve cropping the image afterwards to get just the area you're interesting, so not ideal.

I agree, it is misleading or perhaps it is a bug to be fixed in an upgrade. In the previous version, everyone had to use right click - save image, this just adds an additional step. Only a very minor inconvenience for me.

Would be helpful to explain this to people, not everyone knows how to right-click - save-as. I do, and obviously you do, but not everyone does. A single line of text beneath the save icon explaining what to do would be good, unless a proper save feature is due to be implemented in next week's update.

Why have I got no Icons under my dots?

I know I am not very popular, but I didn't think everybody had me on ignore.

I think this is the third time I have asked this question.

What the heck, I have no friends, no one pm's me and I have nothing in the gallery, so why do I need the Icons?

:)

Not ignoring you Mossie, just most of us are still learning our way around the new board. :)

No icons because no need to PM yourself or to add yourself as friend, which are what the icons are and for other members to use. I assume you have no Gallery setup thus the 3rd icon (Gallery) has no meaning.

What the heck, I have no friends, no one pm's me and I have nothing in the gallery, so why do I need the Icons?

:)

Don't worry dear, I just pressed on your icon to become friends!!

You can't see add as friend icons under your own avatar because you can't add yourself as a friend :angry: , same with PMing :jerk: yourself. Check someone else's profile and see if you see them there.

Now you know 'Mossfinn' :P

Kanchanaburi B)

Edited by Kan Win