Thaivisa Mobile Skin

MJo

George is recommending new Thaivisa mobile skin in his status update.

Is there one available and how to access?

Did search in the forums but only found more than year old references to m.thaivisa.com which seems to be down or not existing.

Edited by MJo

Ok got it.

Looks ok until the point i click "new posts". It loads fairly fast but scrolling down the posts it is very hard pick the actual posts out from the infromation as it is spread to several lines/rows.

• First i get two rows in white background which has the thread title and sub title
  • Third row is blue background color and contains the forum
  • Fourth row is again white background and has name of member, maybe the one who started the topic? This is in the middle of the screen, not in left as above rows
  • Fift and sixth row blue background and has no of replies and views in right side of screen
  • Seven and eight rows white background and has time from last post and member name who posted last reply?
  • Next two rows again blue background and i reckon they have the next thread?

Don't know, maybe it's just me and my small screen (using Nokia E71 with Opera mini) but really difficult layout to read from mobile and to separate the threads from each other. Maybe it would help if the background color would not be different for topic title and who posted it etc. I.e. use the background color to separate the threads, not the information for one thread. Also it might help if the topic title would be in bigger font than the other information like no of views etc.

Edited by MJo

The new mobile skin looks beautiful on Android phones. Only problem is it seems to sometimes lose the login cookie between each access, i.e. even if I'm reading a tread with many pages and go from one page to the next I'm again logged out. It doesn't happen every time but on average about 50% of the times.

The new mobile skin looks beautiful on Android phones. Only problem is it seems to sometimes lose the login cookie between each access, i.e. even if I'm reading a tread with many pages and go from one page to the next I'm again logged out. It doesn't happen every time but on average about 50% of the times.

Actually it's more than 50% of the times. I've tried with a different browser (Dolphin) and it's exactly the same so I'm quite sure the problem is with the forum software. Maybe next week's promised update might fix it.

I don't get signed out on my bb browser.

Opera mini does not take you to the mobile site. It takes you to the full forum.

On my HTC Desire, I also don't get signed out using either the default Android browser or Opera Mini.

BTW sbk, at least on the Android the Opera Mini gives you a choice of how to configure it. Full web data, reduced graphics resolution, best fit, and mobile view. Can tune it to your best choice.

Ah yes, I see it now, settings click on mobile view. tbh, once i got the blackberry package and the extra apps I don't use opera mini like i did on my nokia.

And once, I enable mobile view on my phone it gave me a mobile view of a sort but not the same as the one on my bb browser....

The mobile view in Opera mini does not mean your getting mobile versions of the web pages. It is just a feature to "arrange" the web page contents for easier viewing. I.e. it fits the web page to the widht of your screen so that you dont need to scroll right and left to see the whole page.

Opera mini is great browser for many phones, any plans to add it as supported browsers for TV mobile ?

I don't get signed out on my bb browser.

Opera mini does not take you to the mobile site. It takes you to the full forum.

On my HTC Desire, I also don't get signed out using either the default Android browser or Opera Mini.

BTW sbk, at least on the Android the Opera Mini gives you a choice of how to configure it. Full web data, reduced graphics resolution, best fit, and mobile view. Can tune it to your best choice.

Have you tried navigating around a couple of times while keeping your eye out for the "reply" or "new topic" buttons being present? It isn't always obvious that you've been logged out until you try to reply/post. Another Pattaya forum uses the same forum software with the same mobile skin and that works fine, never getting logged out there. Have already tried clearing cache and delete cookies to ensure that isn't the problem.

I've seen it a (very) few times on the normal skin as well while using my PC.

Have you tried navigating around a couple of times while keeping your eye out for the "reply" or "new topic" buttons being present? It isn't always obvious that you've been logged out until you try to reply/post.

I'll check it more closely for that behavior as I've only had it a few days. Will test it at the office further with the WiFi access point for speed.

Saw you installed an update today so I cleared my cache, deleted cookies and tried again ... no change. Still drops the login, not always immediately but certainly after browsing 3-4 different threads or posts. That other forum still doesn't show this problem, only TV. Confirmed both in the default Android browser and in Dolphin.

Saw you installed an update today so I cleared my cache, deleted cookies and tried again ... no change. Still drops the login, not always immediately but certainly after browsing 3-4 different threads or posts. That other forum still doesn't show this problem, only TV. Confirmed both in the default Android browser and in Dolphin.

Thanks for feedback. I'll pass it on to IP.Board