Mexica V Sa

gennisis

:) is it just me??

Vela scores and the goal is dissallowed for offside.

On the goaline is a yellow shirted player....presumably a South African....,he was there when the cross was kicked,the goalie comes out...the guy stayed on the line.

How was the goal dissallowed??? Vela could not have been offside since he was not infront /behind the South African players.

I just didnt understand the decision.:D

There was only one player between him and the goal(same as if the goalie would of been there,but he wasn't),hence off-side!

Also the cross was headed on that was the last forward pass,which clearly shows him as off-side,now if the goalie had stayed on his line then there would of been two players and the goal would of been allowed,a good decision by a good referee last night,i thought he had a very good game.

The rule requires 2 players between ball and goal.

This is a common mistake.

Offside from a corner the ball is played back I was under the impression that you could not be offside on 3 occassions

1/CORNER KICK

2/THROW IN

3/GOAL KICK

The rule requires 2 players between ball and goal.

This is a common mistake.

Offside from a corner the ball is played back I was under the impression that you could not be offside on 3 occassions

1/CORNER KICK

2/THROW IN

3/GOAL KICK

If it was direct, but a mexican player headed the corner forward before vela put it in the old onion bag!

<br />The rule requires 2 players between ball and goal. <br /><br />This is a common mistake.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

the most common mistake i think is that many believe one of the two must be the goalkeeper. it's just two opponents between attacker and goal when ball is played forward to him.

There was only one player between him and the goal(same as if the goalie would of been there,but he wasn't),hence off-side!

Also the cross was headed on that was the last forward pass,which clearly shows him as off-side,now if the goalie had stayed on his line then there would of been two players and the goal would of been allowed,a good decision by a good referee last night,i thought he had a very good game.

Except the penalty he missed calling for SA when the player was bullied off the ball late in the second half one on one with the keeper.. :)

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yep you said it bullied!....where i come from thats good defending and not a foul.....the ref was right it would of been a soft penalty to give especially for the home nation in the opening match,fortunately for the tournament he had strength of mind to make the right decision.

It was never a penalty.