Singha Water Smells!

gravion

Hi, does anyone notice the smell of the singha water when it's not kept in the fridge?

i do not own a fridge at my current place, and usually buys them 1.5L bottles. But the water starts to smell like FEET when they are not kept in the fridge after a day...

man are theose water from contaminted dirty swagae water added with chemicals and stuff to cover the smell and taste or sumthing. YIKES

I buy 6 liter jugs of it and have for years. It tastes and smells better to me than Nestle, Minerel (sp), or anything other than Chang, which is not available in a large container. I just smelled what's left of an open 6 liter, it has no smell at all... Most Thai's I know prefer it over other brands. It always seems to sell out at my local markets over other brands as well. Where are you keeping our water? It should be stored in a cool dark place.

We have our drinking water delivered in 20 litre containers by a company. Cost 12 baht per 20 litre bottle.

Do not know the name of the company, or care.

Been drinking that stuff for ages and never had any problems. Best not to think about it.

This is Thailand, ya pays ya money and ya gets what ya get.

i drink directly from the bottle and do keep it in cool dry place sway from the sunlight. but im not assumming the smells from the plastic bottle.

i do not really notice the smell fromt he 5L big jugs.

i could notice the smell within a day after i opened the 1.5l bottle.

smells like cat piss or FEET, but has no effect on the taste....

it's all dodgy with thai and even the world water business, but other countries seem to have better cleaner environment, checks on standards etc...

also thailand is a hot country, heaps of insetcs, dirty animals, poor ppl, their hygine etc...

singha is a big brand and have trusted their product.... i would stilll drink leo and singha though maybe till the newxt incidents occurs...

We tested all the major brands (just out of curiousity, mostly because we had the equipment to test the water for our pet fish export operation) years ago for particles of debris (but didn't analyze further than that) per million and it was all pretty close, but surprisingly Nestle came in last. Singha was middle of the road. Purita (sometimes hard to find because of poor distribution, I think Big C still carries it) was the cleanest. Nam Thip was 2nd or 3rd if I recall correctly.

Might be of note that of the major brands, only Nestle still sticks to UV filtering instead of RO as its main filter method. I'm still okay with drinking it though.

:)

The plastic (high-density polyethylene, or HDPE) that makes up most bottles is slightly porous, which means the water inside can pick up smells and tastes from its environment. If a consignment was kept close to any chemicals or solvents, or even vegetables , or food stuffs, with a very strong odor, the water could pick up those smells.

Also, if these plastic water bottles are kept in the sunlight for 4-5 days straight, bacteria starts to grow in the water.

i drink directly from the bottle and do keep it in cool dry place sway from the sunlight. but im not assumming the smells from the plastic bottle.

i do not really notice the smell fromt he 5L big jugs.

If you drink directly from the bottle some of the water goes back into the bottle. There is bacteria in your month, this bacteria is transferred to the bottle, and warm plastic bottle of water makes a perfect breeding ground. They eat and multiple generate the smell.

Solution: Don't drink directly from the bottle, or refrigerate the water.

Edited by dave111223