How Much Would Iphone 3Gs (16Gb Black) Sell For?

pimmy5

I would say 10k at a push in clean nick.. For a fully carrier unlocked non jailbroken one.

Was offered a clean 32GB 3GS for 10k (down from 12) and same for a 16. There was a 16 for 9k on one of the classifieds sites.

Lets assume a dealer will get a bit more for selling it than a private sale, but has to make some money too.

Theres loads of ads around for 15 - 20k but I just figure those people have high hopes.

15K is realistic. 10k is a stupidly low price.

If you have the box and all accessories and no scratches or marks 16-17k is reasonable.

15k if you can find a fool..

As I said.. Lots of iPhone owners seem to over value the item they own. Same as everything.

Just look on Baht and sold, Craigslist Thailand, Local ads, ThaiVisa classifieds. I know of 3 clean unscratched ones asking 12 - 14k that all would have taken 10k, there was a 3GS that was a bit used for 9k.

Just this morning on CL 12k for one, yesterday 13k for another, back on the 19th May a 3GS 16 asking 9k.. Those are asking prices on a classified ad so knock a couple of grand off to seal the deal and you get the idea.

If theres so many people selling them at that price I fail to see how its 'stupidly low' ??

You can take your iphone 3GS to MBK for example Wave phone and if its in perfect condition with box and accessories they will buy it for 14k-15k. True are also still selling them at 24k+

If you sell for less than 15k you are a fool.

Until the NEW unit price comes down there is no reason for a decrease in the secondhand market. MBK new 3GS 23-26k and True 24k+

So 15k is the right price minimum. but if you want to sell for less....Also note that the 3GS is not being discontinued by Apple on launch of the new model.

Edited by negreanu