What Appears In "View New Content"?

Xangsamhua

I have posted two topics today, one of which has received replies, but the topics did not appear in "View new content". (And they haven't been closed!)

What are the criteria for placing a new topic or response in "View new content"?

Also, where do I find "My Assistant" now?

View New Content lists all new (unread) posts in chronological order from newest to oldest. Follow PoorSucker's instruction for your own content. Actually the Avatar part is not quite right as it will send you to your profile where you can see your content just another step though. The down arrow next to your user name at the top left will give you a list of choices.

• Like 1

Dosn't make sence..........

You need to be more specific then that if you want an explanation unless you are referring to bkkjames' post in which case you are correct. :)

Simply put, View New Content is the same as View New Posts in the old board software.

That is good news. Why the change in name?

The board is now using up to date web standards, in this case CMS (content management system). Google it, the explanation of CMS is a bit long winded. :)

Why was my post deleted?

Thank you for the answers. I did find two of my three most recent posts in "View New Content" eventually. There just seemed to be a considerable delay, but that's OK now I know.

To make it clearer as to how to do it. If you click on the down arrow next to your name just below the Thaivisa banner you will see the 1st snapshot. Note the My Content choice. The 2nd snapshot shows a pull down box in My Content that will then list only posts or topics you made rather then all combined.

post-566-016081400 1276514668_thumb.jpg

post-566-067185800 1276514681_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

View New Content lists all new (unread) posts in chronological order from newest to oldest. Follow PoorSucker's instruction for your own content. Actually the Avatar part is not quite right as it will send you to your profile where you can see your content just another step though. The down arrow next to your user name at the top left will give you a list of choices.

Yes, that is what SHOULD happen.

However, it depends where the thread is. If it near the top of a page, the reply will often stay on that page. If you wish to check this, have a look at pages 36, 37 etc. You will see posts from only a few minutes ago.

Personally, I can never understand why new software is added without careful checking, and then debugged over many weeks. If I did something like that, I would expect to get fired, and rightfully should.

• 2 weeks later...

A question along theses lines.

I logged on after a day spent off line and saw something like 300 new posts.

Started to read through them but had to go out cos the missus was dying of starvation.

Logged back on and there were only 30 odd post since my last visit.

How can I get the unread ones back in future?