Of Brits & Bars

souvenirdeparis

As usual some straight out untruths in the article.... how come they always get it wrong? I like the line about how locals never use prostitutes lol, like they are innocent little saints victimised by the evil foreigners. Ya maybe not on walking street but the majority of prostitution in Thailand is Thai on Thai.

As usual some straight out untruths in the article.... how come they always get it wrong? I like the line about how locals never use prostitutes lol, like they are innocent little saints victimised by the evil foreigners. Ya maybe not on walking street but the majority of prostitution in Thailand is Thai on Thai.

How do you justify killing a bunch of people because you got dumped by a Thai hooker. The fellow needed some mental health help long before he killed anyone.

It's 'The Sun', they're not known for their incisive investigative journalism, unless it's about the size of the boobs on Page 3.

I saw that article a couple of days ago and was going to start a thread, but decided against it.

This thread is probably on borrowed time.

Countdown begins......

Isn't it already in Bedlam? I've seen it on here before.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Its all just speculation....jazz it up a bit with a Thai angle and sell a few more papers....sad lonely bloke goes nuts is the real story but who wants to read that?

Thai on Thai prostitution is rife....nope not of interest to the British public ......next!!

I posted this two weeks ago, not the sun article as I would never read that comic, some others also posted this, however the threads were locked as not being Thailand related as there is no proof that his thailand links led him to commit murder.

Its just lazy journalism to sell papers....

I love how they have managed to find a young Thai girl who remembers this man from a 15 minute romp in 2008 ! so credible m'lord

Shame they are tarnishing the extremely sad story with complete tosh like this...

Having lost my father when i was young to cancer I cannot imagine the extra pain his children are and will always go through... so sorry for them.

Disgusting and one more reason not to buy the paper when in the UK...

now for a lighter note from same article

No locals want sex with prostitutes
:):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Context is everything.

No Locals want sex with THOSE prostitutes. Because they have their own local arrangements with preferential rates. The Journalism of half truths sells papers... Its not a lie, its just not giving the full picture... Bit like a guy and gal on a first date.

Guy says, "yeah, I remember when I was at oxford we used to debate the use of narcotics...."

Later it emerges he went to oxford poly, but the half truth got him the second date. The second date got her pregnant, and now its all just too late to worry about the small stuff... :D:D:D

:)

But you've got to admit the British tabloids are interesting... truthful or not...

British_news_2.sized.jpg

British_news_1.jpg

British_news_4.jpg

British_news_3.sized.jpg

I'm not sure if the Bangkok Post or the National picked up on the story about the hypo eating the dwarf. :)

How do you justify killing a bunch of people because you got dumped by a Thai hooker. The fellow needed some mental health help long before he killed anyone.

Somehow I suspect the feeling is not that he killed many people after being ripped off by a Thai hooker - but that that sort of person is attracted to Thailand....

He got ripped off - and it was yet another stepping stone to him hating the world.... He'd thought she loved him for himself (roll eyes emoticon)..

I think the bit about " 15 is the age of legal consent in Thaïland" is all wrong and a damaging notion; just like in lots of countries, 15 allows a girl to have a boy friend of about same age -not a balding gentleman with a fat wallet.Same with the side article "Thaï govt should do more" , a lot has been done since the nineties already (with the help of the American police as advisors I was told at the time )

-links on today's page of the Sun clearly show the man went mad on account of tax and inheritance, not Thaïland.

-Revolting stories of parental pimping of children can be found in the French press , one needn't go far .

-Places like Madagascar are never mentioned in these self-righteous articles for some reasons ,whereas the situation is said to be beyond description there .

-However I think it can be useful to remember how lots of outsiders still see Thaïland .

I think the bit about " 15 is the age of legal consent in Thaïland" is all wrong and a damaging notion; just like in lots of countries, 15 allows a girl to have a boy friend of about same age -not a balding gentleman with a fat wallet.Same with the side article "Thaï govt should do more" , a lot has been done since the nineties already (with the help of the American police as advisors I was told at the time )

-links on today's page of the Sun clearly show the man went mad on account of tax and inheritance, not Thaïland.

-Revolting stories of parental pimping of children can be found in the French press , one needn't go far .

-Places like Madagascar are never mentioned in these self-righteous articles for some reasons ,whereas the situation is said to be beyond description there .

-However I think it can be useful to remember how lots of outsiders still see Thaïland .

Yes. Its hard to accept how outsiders see Thailand.

I wonder why, bearing in mind the evidence......

As I said before, its not that Thailand changed him, just that that sort of man is attracted to Thailand.

Once he got ripped off, it was another reason for him to hate the world...... He thought he'd found a woman that genuinely loved him - and found out v quickly that was not the case.

He went on to murder people.

On the plus side it might deter some Sun readers from coming to Pattaya.

you must be joking ..

it,s just what the pattaya tourist authority want .

more, SEX TOURISTS .

good for buisness .

nod nod wink wink..

On the plus side it might deter some Sun readers from coming to Pattaya.

They just increased the Sun readership visits to Pattaya 10 fold. Remember if they are dumb enough to be Sun readers, all they'll remember is how did this <deleted> get a girlfriend. Booked online the same day, here we come Pattaya!!!