Renting Small Motorbike In Bkk? Where

AAACEEE

i just arrived in BKK and it's great here i'm even thinking about living here i lived in phuket about 1,5 year... and its just nicer here

there is one thing i miss and thats my 115cc airblade!! if i have to walk or take public transport everywhere i think i wont like it as much and it's just 2 hot and the feeling of freedom on the bike is something i can't live without....and i think BKK will be a 100 times more fun if you can explore on your bike and preferly in nighttime

i read all sorts off bad story's about bikes and that you have to be suicidal to do it... i understand that there is an increased risk and its kind of chaotic but if you plan you routes well and where a good helmet and try to avoid the downtown area whats the big deal... i am an experienced driver

are there any experienced BKK drivers here ?/

im not interested in guys who never done it and then tell me not to do it..!! just in real constructive comments

Anyone know a place where to rent bikes ??

i want to live in bkk but cannot do so without a bike

I would be interested to know this too. Would be good to try out riding on the road of Bangkok before buying one.

I know quite a few people (non-Thais) who ride scooters in Bangkok and so far they have been ok (touch wood).

See a few crashes though but hardly any compared to the amount of them there are on the roads.

Last time I checked in Bangkok there was no shops renting anything less or more than 4 wheels. So I took 40K from my bank account and bought the cheapest brand new thing available (and I got what I paid for). At least I can ride around and explore places I would have missed otherwise.

Last time I checked in Bangkok there was no shops renting anything less or more than 4 wheels. So I took 40K from my bank account and bought the cheapest brand new thing available (and I got what I paid for). At least I can ride around and explore places I would have missed otherwise.

i have a bike in phuket and it would be no problem getting it here i guess...

how did you handle the registration insurance driverslicense etc etc?? what would i need to drive in BKK legit

IMO thailand is not the same without a bike

i have a bike in phuket and it would be no problem getting it here i guess...

how did you handle the registration insurance driverslicense etc etc?? what would i need to drive in BKK legit

IMO thailand is not the same without a bike

My eyes went open after i got a bike, i pity people without a bike or their own transportation. I will be getting a car soon too but many times a bike is just better because of all the traffic jams in BKK.

I have recently moved from Bangkok, but lived there for 3 years.

2 of those I rode a scooter (125cc). It made all the difference in the world, I would have been miserable without it!

Never had any incidents on it, although I lived and rode in Sukhumvit with notorious traffic. I made sure I knew the routes I would be taking to work very well, by using motorcycle taxis first to get the hang of the road, short cuts, potholes, police hotspots, etc. i think that's something worth doing.

Also saved a lot of time, money and hassle I think. Anytime I felt bored at home, would just hop on and go for a spin...learned about all the best local places that way.

I have also seen ads recently for motorbike rental in Bangkok...maybe in the classifieds section here?

I have never been to Phuket as I heard it's not worth bothering, but I am curious as to how BKK could possibly be any better? I guess that's another story!

i did email mr franck once

this is the quotation he mail back to me

mayb is usefull to some of u guys

hope this can help

and his email

[email protected]

Type

Deposit

Daily Rate

Weekly Rate

Monthly Rate

Scooter 125cc

2 500

xxxx

2 200

6 000

KLX 250cc (Dual Sport)

4 000

1 000

4 200

11 500

Dtrackers 250cc (Hypermotard)

4 000

1 000

4 200

11 500

Er6n 650cc

5 000

1 600

9 200

19 600

ZZR 1100cc

5 000

1 600

9 200

19 600

You have to provide a valide driving license for scooters, a valide motorbikes driving licensefor big bikes and passport.

If you're interested, please let us know which kind of bike you'd like and your expected renting dates, we will then give you the availabilities.

We are located in "Ramkahamaeng" BKK, but we can deliver the bikes to your place with an extra fee.

Feel free to contact us for more details,

Best regards,

Franck and Andy

08 324 26 636 08 407 15 307

thanks for the reply's i've searched google and checked the link above (no anwser on phone) and didn't have any luck !! anyone else can help me i want a bike so bad ! (rent)

i've been all arround the city today and to be honest it just sucks with all the taxi public transpo bull shit...

cant't believe that in a city like bangkok it's so hard to rent a frikkin bike :)

also was looking for a gym and saw a few but all tried to sell me a year or 6months package and no simple good gym where you can just walk in and have a good workout or pay a reasonable price for a week

little dissapointing

maybe move on to pattaya or something

thanks for the reply's i've searched google and checked the link above (no anwser on phone) and didn't have any luck !! anyone else can help me i want a bike so bad ! (rent)

i've been all arround the city today and to be honest it just sucks with all the taxi public transpo bull shit...

cant't believe that in a city like bangkok it's so hard to rent a frikkin bike :)

also was looking for a gym and saw a few but all tried to sell me a year or 6months package and no simple good gym where you can just walk in and have a good workout or pay a reasonable price for a week

little dissapointing

maybe move on to pattaya or something

try email them

i mail them and they reply in hours

There is a cheap gym near Rama 4/Asoke intersection. 500 baht a month for a membership. Its not California wow or anything but they have everything you need to get a good work out.

Also for Bikes in BKK, just buy a second hand one. There is a shop by Theptarin hospital on Rama 4 (Take Sukhumvit 36 all the way down and you will reah Rama 4..take a left and about 500 meters on the right you will see a motorbike shop) that has a plenty to choose from. I paid 6000 baht down and pay 2,300 a month. Just need a work permit or a thai or 2 to guarantee. They are easy to negotiate so if you dont have a work permit or guarantee, I'm sure you can work something out with them...TIT

Also, its really easy to get a license in BKK to drive. The Dept of Transport is off of Mo Chit bts and you can apply and get one within an hour if you already have a license from home. If you don't already have one, you need to do a little more leg work, but it is still pretty easy. First thing you'll need is to visit your embassy and get a letter from them that proves your living address. All the rest of the paperwork you can get at the DoT.