New Car Sticker Price

Michigan

Just started looking for a small pickup truck

In the US, I would never pay sticker price, and remember that I walked out a VW dealer once because the sales guy told me he could only deliver for the sticker price..

This is Thailand and I have no idea if there is any negotiations possible ?

Cars, motorcycles. apartments any offers and counter offers ?

The sales person at Isuzu offered 20,000 Bt off the price but that is not really very much!

Anybody has any experience with that, some dealers better than others ?

Thanks,

hi,

As opposed to the informal markets and shops around Thailand, new cars is one area where you dont normally get to bargain. I have bought 2 Hondas here and they would not discount a single Baht on the sticker price - although they did throw in a huge number of extras. My mate just bought a Camry... same story.

With other less popular makes you may get a few thousand, but never very much. Dont take it personally; actually, dealers make a really small margin on new car sales here so there is not much for them to play with. But on the bright side, the second hand market is pretty good and for the big names, the resale values are good.

Cheers

Isuzu is a big selling truck in Thailand so surprised you were given that big of a discount. As other posters have stated try to get as many "freebies" as you can. The best would be free insurance for the first year. Ask for window tint, undercoating, floor mats, paint seal, umbrella, key chain etc.

Isuzu is a big selling truck in Thailand so surprised you were given that big of a discount. As other posters have stated try to get as many "freebies" as you can. The best would be free insurance for the first year. Ask for window tint, undercoating, floor mats, paint seal, umbrella, key chain etc.

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

At least now I know; the Isuzu discount was offered on their 850000 Bt truck, so I didn't think it was a big deal.

Is car insurance always done thru the dealer ?

Toyota quoted me 28000 Bt for 1 year.

Buying a car in the states was always a hassle, not so much difference here then <g>

hi,

As opposed to the informal markets and shops around Thailand, new cars is one area where you dont normally get to bargain. I have bought 2 Hondas here and they would not discount a single Baht on the sticker price - although they did throw in a huge number of extras. My mate just bought a Camry... same story.

With other less popular makes you may get a few thousand, but never very much. Dont take it personally; actually, dealers make a really small margin on new car sales here so there is not much for them to play with. But on the bright side, the second hand market is pretty good and for the big names, the resale values are good.

Cheers

that was my exact experience when i went to the toyota dealer in bangkok to purchae a hilux vigo

Whenever i bought a new car I got decent discounts but you have to go around and lie a bit if neccessary,that's what they do also anyway.Tell them you get this and that at the competition and show some confidence. I just bought recently a Nissan Navara and this is what i got on the Calibre: 25.000 discount,free registration,1st class Viryah insurance,Nissan leasing at 1,79%,lots of accessories which normally are only available on the limited serie.Of course all the normal stuff like coating,window film etc.

I went to Toyota as well where i got all the same extra's but only 20.000 cash,isuzu was similar.Finance at both was around 2,35%.I choose for the nissan as the list price was about 80.000 Baht cheaper then the nearest competitor and in my opinion is the most attractive looking pick-up on the market currently.

With previous purchases I did the same,most important is that you get the upperhand against the salesman.This time I played 2 salesman from the same dealership out against each other without they knowing it which resulted in the extra 5000 Baht discount. :)

I just bought recently a Nissan Navara

Thanks Basjke,

I did go by the Nissan Dealer here, but didn't see anything in the showroom and didn't go in

Looks like a very nice truck indeed:

2011 Nissan Navara - Top Speed

Have to go to the dealer again, did you buy locally ?

Thanks for the info.

No the Nissan dealer in pattaya is useless,has no cars in stock.Impossible to make a test drive or even see the car and told me I needed to waith about 1 month to 6 weeks for delivery.

I went to Nissan Rayong instead and could take delivery of any color and version I liked the next day.They had them all on show and ready for a test drive.

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

At least now I know; the Isuzu discount was offered on their 850000 Bt truck, so I didn't think it was a big deal.

Is car insurance always done thru the dealer ?

Toyota quoted me 28000 Bt for 1 year.

Buying a car in the states was always a hassle, not so much difference here then <g>

They will give you a discount for the cost of the insurance and you can buy it yourself anywhere you want.

I've purchased two vehicles in Thailand and was able to get discounts on both and I still received the 1st class insurance, window tint and undercoat at no cost. Its a matter of you making the deal and not allowing a Thai that's with you, who believes everything the salesman says, tell you they cannot do. My wife couldn't believe I got 20k discount plus above extra's on Vios after hearing salesman say not possible. After seeing how its done I let her do the deal for her Nissan Wingroad (NV) and she got 10k discount plus above extra's. So much for cannot do.

I have no idea how much a discount is possible but assume if you do some research you could find out the dealer cost and subtract from sales price to get idea of his profit at full sale price. Remember all the so called extra's like insurance are being paid out of his profit so an additional discount is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I was looking at the new Ford Everest ltd,, and the MU7 3 weeks back, no discount on the MU 7 but with extras, but the Ford was offered with a 25000 discount and all extras, but still not enough to twist my arm and go for it,

hi, I was looking at the new Ford Everest ltd,, and the MU7 3 weeks back, no discount on the MU 7 but with extras, but the Ford was offered with a 25000 discount and all extras, but still not enough to twist my arm and go for it,

I've bought two Toyota's, since I've lived in Thailand, and got good discounts on both cars, with free options, and free registration.

My wife's sister and her husband just bought the same car I have and paid 1000 Baht more than I did. I don't know what extras they have, I'll find out tomorrow as we are going to their new home they had built.

Barry

Being an Izusu the MU7, would have a far greater resale vale than the Ford, in Thailand anyway.

Izusu and Toyota have incredible second hand values here, just something else to consider.

Being an Izusu the MU7, would have a far greater resale vale than the Ford, in Thailand anyway.

Izusu and Toyota have incredible second hand values here, just something else to consider.

Thanks Lenny, I understand that,, although second hand values for nearly every motor seems incredible, I test drove both, and for me I felt the ford was more roomy in the rear and altogether more comfortable seating position, and easy to drive for the mrs,,, if I remember correctly a little less on the fuel costs too, correct me if I'm wrong on that though, my feeling on the downside for the ford was the availability of speares though,,,, still unsure though