Visa - Entitles Work?

Hi there guys

My wife went for her first day at work today, and they asked her to produce her work visa.

She is in the country on a wifes settlement visa with the only restriction being to public funds, so i explained that on the phone and said she is entitled to work with this visa, but they are certain she must also have a work visa is this right??

I assumed that with the only restriction being to public funds this means she can work am i right? she has an interview for a national insurance number tommorrow so just wanted to clarify things.

Thanks yet again

Chris

Hi there guys

My wife went for her first day at work today, and they asked her to produce her work visa.

She is in the country on a wifes settlement visa with the only restriction being to public funds, so i explained that on the phone and said she is entitled to work with this visa, but they are certain she must also have a work visa is this right??

I assumed that with the only restriction being to public funds this means she can work am i right? she has an interview for a national insurance number tommorrow so just wanted to clarify things.

Thanks yet again

Chris

Chris, I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Look further down this section. Topic: Marriage Visa, able to work in UK?

I got the following response from The Scouser, I've cut and pasted it Scouse, hope you don't mind me quoting you?

"Mr BJ,

A spouse settlement visa will entitle your wife to work in the UK. You don't need to obtain permission. Not all benefits are considered to be public funds. Click here for a list (PDF file).

Cheers,

Scouse. "

So it seems she is O.K. :o

Mr BoJ

Sorry Chris, the PDF file link doesn't seem to have worked. I'm SH1T on these things. Have a look on the topic i started that i mentioned above, i think it's on page2 or page 3 of this section. Scouse has a PDF link that explains all.

Mr BoJ

Hi Chris,

Yes, your wife can work without having to obtain any other form of permission. The trouble with the visa endoresements is that they don't positively state you can do something, just what you can't do, and the rest has to be inferred.

If her employer still has doubts, then invite him/her to ring the nearest immigration office, ask to speak to an IO and read out the endorsement on the visa. The IO will then confirm to the employer that your wife is able to work.

Cheers,

Scouse.