Thai Police To Impose Severe Penalty For Violators Of Alcohol Act

webfact

>Police to impose severe penalty for violators of Alcohol Act

Yeah....[YAWN]....yet another meanless announcement of the enforcement never-to-be-enforced, but to gather more tips with official-looking excuse... Hey, BiBs, why not to focus on something REALLY important to this country??

The question is rhetoric, of course...and Thais were drink, drinking now and will be drinking of course.

Just because there is NO LOGIC on this "law", and no strong hand to enforce ANY law (whatever it may describe). Even me myself know where to get alcohol during banned hours (or even 24/7) - just across my Soi - how could Thais do not know that and even much better than me? :)

Alcohol is a very dangerouse substance, especially for young people, so clamping down on the sale of alcohol is a REALLY important issue. It will help save lives and help keep people more healthy. I'm not surprsied that some people on this forum disagreee, as alcohol seems to be the meaning of life to some of them.

So NO ADULTS should be able to have A (as in even one) cold beer on a hot afternoon because some tiny fraction of the population MIGHT abuse the product.

It must really suck to go through life with such a negative view of humanity.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile all the important issues are conveniently forgotten.

Getting the masses of people acclimated to a police state which dictates their every action 24 hours a day is the "important issue"

>Police to impose severe penalty for violators of Alcohol Act

Yeah....[YAWN]....yet another meanless announcement of the enforcement never-to-be-enforced, but to gather more tips with official-looking excuse... Hey, BiBs, why not to focus on something REALLY important to this country??

The question is rhetoric, of course...and Thais were drink, drinking now and will be drinking of course.

Just because there is NO LOGIC on this "law", and no strong hand to enforce ANY law (whatever it may describe). Even me myself know where to get alcohol during banned hours (or even 24/7) - just across my Soi - how could Thais do not know that and even much better than me? :)

Alcohol is a very dangerouse substance, especially for young people, so clamping down on the sale of alcohol is a REALLY important issue. It will help save lives and help keep people more healthy. I'm not surprsied that some people on this forum disagreee, as alcohol seems to be the meaning of life to some of them.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hope the police are also going to enforce the law which forbids off-duty policemen from getting drunk and waving their guns around in public and threatening to kill people, or running over people in their cars because they laughed.

Howver if all police were moved to "inactive posts" at the same time, it would improve the crime statistics for Bangkok.

"... prohibits the selling of alcohol in temples, hospitals, pharmacies, government agencies and public parks... "

After being here for years can't remember ever seeing any for sale in these places! But the fine will really deter me - 3,000, wow - heavy man!!!

ohmy.gif

After being here for years can't remember ever seeing any for sale in these places!

Don't get out much do you?

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The police is prepared to utilize strict measures to penalize violators against restricted alcohol distribution in public utilities.

by definition a public utility is a phone company, water company, gas company but not what they are talking about. :)

I think you are getting confused with US or UK utility companies. Public utilities has a completely different meaning in many countries.

Name 3 (countries)...You haven't given the meaning (definition) of the word,"utilities" in Thailand!

We may as well just close the TV Forum.......the only conclusion (correct) is this country is a joke, full of people who think they are clever but are just barely literate. I mean let's shut bars at 1am or 2 am but everyone knows the discos in Bangkok open til 4am 5 am eg Soi 11 under Ambassador Hotel. How can the Thai people not be able to see how ridiculous they are...I mean close "all" legal bars at 1-2am and set up illegal ones open until 7am along Sukhumvit Road....................it all goes back to the laughable Thai education system.

But half the things we moan about are what creates a relaxed and happyish place to live..............sowe will carry on moaning and 98% still living here.

Maybe you can enforce this in the major cities of Thailand but in the small villages where the local store sells alcohol to anybody regardless of age will never stop. In my village I have kids who are 7 years old buying,drinking and getting drunk on Leo.

I have talked to the shoip owner about this and she does not care one iota. As long as she gets her 60 baht for a bottle she is happy.

60 baht for Leo? in a shop? sounds pretty expensive, is it a bar+shop or something like that?

or, is it just a drawback of not having 7-eleven/Family mart around? still wonder, do locals have so much money to spare, or else why they not use their motosai/pickup to visit one, or even better Tesco etc. in a nearest city?

i often drank beer in CM bars cheaper, many (Thai ones) have smth like 139 for 3 large btl of Leo (for Chang can be down to 109)