Dog Deterrent

msg362

A poster yesterday was asking how to deter dogs.

i've got an ultrasonic deterrent that works well. Here is a link to a video showing it working

I can only find UK or US suppliers ( It is made in the US I think) but here is more information

post-55921-005172200 1276735984_thumb.jp

Edited by eek
Fixed original link

I'm going to order one. Thanks!

If this is the same type of thing that stops cats/insects and dogs DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY, they dont work, reviews of one type here. Im sure you can find a million sites saying they do work but they are usually linked to the manufaturer.

[/url]

Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

They do work, I've got one. The problem is that since you cannot hear them you do not know if they are working or not ( the frequency is too high)t. Use a sound meter ( can download onto a smart phone)

i'm not linked to a manufacturer and the video I posted shows them working

Get your facts right first . or maybe don't post?????

If this is the same type of thing that stops cats/insects and dogs DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY, they dont work, reviews of one type here. Im sure you can find a million sites saying they do work but they are usually linked to the manufaturer.

[/url][/url]

They do work, I've got one. The problem is that since you cannot hear them you do not know if they are working or not ( the frequency is too high)t. Use a sound meter ( can download onto a smart phone)

i'm not linked to a manufacturer and the video I posted shows them working

Get your facts right first . or maybe don't post?????

His youtube video shows one not working.. your youtube is not working at all. Who says your not affiliated with the sellers.

Edited by robblok

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

try again!!!! They do work I've got one. The problem is that you can't hear if yours is working. Try using a sound meter, can be downloaded onto a smart phone.

I'm not associated with a manufacturer and the video i posted shows them working . so please get your facts right before posting

try again!!!! They do work I've got one. The problem is that you can't hear if yours is working. Try using a sound meter, can be downloaded onto a smart phone.

I'm not associated with a manufacturer and the video i posted shows them working . so please get your facts right before posting

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm when I say THEY DONT WORK i dont mean as in they dont emit ultrasound. IS THAT CLEARER OR SHALL I SHOUT LOUDER :)

Rule nr 1

Repeating yourself and shouting doesn't make your points more valid. :)

Just test your own youtube link. I have clicked it twice it does not work. Yabaa his link debunking the thing does work.

I need to repeat myself. Mine does work so my point is valid. As I said, since we can't hear them, maybe yours is defective. The video shows them working. So I will repeat myself so that you understand My Dazer works! I point it at an aggressive dog, press the button and instead of the dog growling at me, it turns around and goes.

I've repeated the experiment about 12 times and each time it works.

This makes it a Valid' experiment ( normally in science 3 replicates are enough)

I repeat they work! Try this link

Edited by msg362

When I say 'They work' I mean the dog goes away. Cowchai Mai?

Have you actually bought and tried one of these or are you simply going on what you see on the internet? I have one; I repeat it works. When you have bought and tried one then maybe we can have a meaningful discussion

Edited by msg362

Rule nr 1

Just test your own youtube link. I have clicked it twice it does not work. Yabaa his link debunking the thing does work.

I need to repeat myself. Mine does work 

It sure looks like it works to me.

Rule nr 1

I need to repeat myself. Mine does work 

It sure looks like it works to me.

I was commenting on his broken link in his posts, later he came up with a working link. But the guy was quite rude and did not fix his earlier links. He kept repeating himself and never fixing his link. I have no opinion about the device itself but more about how he behaved himself.

I don't need a dog deterrent, i never have problems with dogs. I own 2 dogs and all the other dogs including soi dogs that i come across are scared of me or like me.

Ok,

I think the stun gun that "my friend" used to carry wasmore effective. The sound of it being discharged made for a serious response from the K9s in the "retreat" mode. Whats more whenever my friend went near those dogs after, they never tried to snap at his heels again even if he was not carrying said device. A solution that works!

I thought the dazer might be more effective but it seems like a softy liberals idea of dog control. You do know you can't ATUALLYT kill them with kindness, right... :)

Have you actually bought and tried one of these or are you simply going on what you see on the internet? I have one; I repeat it works. When you have bought and tried one then maybe we can have a meaningful discussion

I have no idea why you are attempting to speak to me in Tingglish "Cowchai Mai" ? does a meaningful discussion mean I MUST agree with you and anyone who doesnt makes it not meangingful and it can only be meaningful if it includes a you tube video>

Have I bought one? YES (well not actually me but my ex girlfriend did) does it work NO.

Here try reading this source Ultrasonic Sound Emitters DON'T deter bats and dont start bleating on about it doesnt refer to dogs as it does, there is NO proof they work, a u tube video does not constituteproof and neither does "your trial"

Go ahead and throw your money away on these useless devices if you want Im sure you could sell this stuff in Thailand easily and within a few days there would be no more dogs right???

I like the section where one of the ultrasonic devices claims to get rid of fleas on dogs too hahahahahah........

Ever heard of a "dog whistle" ???? all it does is get their attention the same as blowing a human whistle anywhere, does a whistle scare you off????

Want to deter a dog in Thailand carry a stick and wave it, dog will run, want to waste your money..........go ahead :)

Ultrasonic pest repellers

Ultrasonic pest repellers are quite popular. The manufacturers claim that their devices produce ultrasonic noise so aversive to pests (including rats) that it drives the pests away. These devices are appealing to consumers because they are silent to human ears and don't involve traps or poison.

Ultrasonic collars are supposed to drive fleas off dogs and cats. Ultrasonic devices are supposed to chase away rodent, bird, and insect pests. Ultrasonic emitters on cars are supposed warn large animals away from roads. Lastly, manufacturers frequntly claim that these devices are safe for pets. Are these claims true?

Do ultrasonic pest repellers drive away pests?

No. Controlled studies have shown that ultrasonic pest repellers are ineffective at driving away wild rats and other pests. Specifically, ultrasound is no more effective than audible sound (Bomford and O'Brien 1990).

Ultrasonic collars do not drive fleas off of cats and dogs. Ultrasound does not drive away fleas or cause any change in flea activity patterns (Brown and Lewis 1991, Koehler et al. 1989). Ultrasonic cat collars have no effect on flea egg-laying, development of larvae, or flea mortality (Hinkel et al. 1990). Ultrasonic collars made no difference to the number of fleas on cats (Dryden et al. 1989).

Ultrasound does not keep wild animals away from roads. Ultrasonic devices did nothing to alter the behavior of moose (Muzzi and Bisset 1990), mule deer (Romin and Dalton 1992), or kangaroos (Bender 2001).

Ultrasonic devices are ineffective at repelling pests. Ultrasonic pest repellers do not repel cockroaches (Gold et al. 1984, Ballard et al. 1984), mosquitoes (Sylla and Kremsner 2000, Foster and Lutes 1985), white-tailed deer (Belant et al. 1998, Curtis et al. 1997), bats (Hurley and Fenton 1980), cats (Mills et al. 2000), starlings (Bomford 1990), pigeons (Griffiths 1988, Woronecki 1988), and many other bird species (Hamershock 1992).

Ultrasonic pest repellers do little to repel unwanted rodents. Rodents may be driven away for a few minutes or a few days, but they tend to return to their nesting and feeding areas even in the presence of ultrasound (Pierce 1993, Timm 1994). Ultrasound has not been shown to drive rodents out of buildings or to cause above-normal levels of mortality (Timm 1994).

Edited by yabaaaa

Paghat's Garden: Ultrasonic Pest Control

eb1663 Ultrasonic and Subsonic Pest Control Devices

So according to the manufacturers such a device will kill your dogs fleas but the dog wont be bothered by it hahahahahahaha Oh but hang on its also a dog deterrent???

BUT my favourite qoute is this one,

"If one looks for the opinions from US agriculture & pest control agencies, consumer organizations, & university research facilities, the manufacturer claims instantly evaporate."

A link to their site, no scientific study at all BUT "Mr Singh" says it works so it must be true..........http://www.dogdazer.co.uk/

Thanks to Mr Singh for his input...........guffffffffaw ps they also sell numerous other tat products, car number plates (surprised they arent selling the ones that alledge to NOT show up on speed cameras also)

Edited by yabaaaa

Paghat's Garden: Ultrasonic Pest Control

eb1663 Ultrasonic and Subsonic Pest Control Devices

So according to the manufacturers such a device will kill your dogs fleas but the dog wont be bothered by it hahahahahahaha Oh but hang on its also a dog deterrent???

BUT my favourite qoute is this one,

"If one looks for the opinions from US agriculture & pest control agencies, consumer organizations, & university research facilities, the manufacturer claims instantly evaporate."

A link to their site, no scientific study at all BUT "Mr Singh" says it works so it must be true..........http://www.dogdazer.co.uk/

Thanks to Mr Singh for his input...........guffffffffaw ps they also sell numerous other tat products, car number plates (surprised they arent selling the ones that alledge to NOT show up on speed cameras also)

And their get out clause ......."The Dazer is not designed to be effective against all dogs which include docile, deaf, infirm and highly trained dogs."

So when you ask for your refund they'll reel this off to you, "Oh that dog must have been highly trained" as opposed to "highly stupid" which is what you'd be if you believed in them :):D

Woooooooooooooooof!

I have no idea why you are attempting to speak to me in Tingglish "Cowchai Mai" ? does a meaningful discussion mean I MUST agree with you and anyone who doesnt makes it not meangingful and it can only be meaningful if it includes a you tube video>

Have I bought one? YES (well not actually me but my ex girlfriend did) does it work NO.

Here try reading this source Ultrasonic Sound Emitters DON'T deter bats and dont start bleating on about it doesnt refer to dogs as it does, there is NO proof they work, a u tube video does not constituteproof and neither does "your trial"

Go ahead and throw your money away on these useless devices if you want Im sure you could sell this stuff in Thailand easily and within a few days there would be no more dogs right???

I like the section where one of the ultrasonic devices claims to get rid of fleas on dogs too hahahahahah........

Ever heard of a "dog whistle" ???? all it does is get their attention the same as blowing a human whistle anywhere, does a whistle scare you off????

Want to deter a dog in Thailand carry a stick and wave it, dog will run, want to waste your money..........go ahead :)

Ultrasonic pest repellers

Ultrasonic pest repellers are quite popular. The manufacturers claim that their devices produce ultrasonic noise so aversive to pests (including rats) that it drives the pests away. These devices are appealing to consumers because they are silent to human ears and don't involve traps or poison.

Ultrasonic collars are supposed to drive fleas off dogs and cats. Ultrasonic devices are supposed to chase away rodent, bird, and insect pests. Ultrasonic emitters on cars are supposed warn large animals away from roads. Lastly, manufacturers frequntly claim that these devices are safe for pets. Are these claims true?

Do ultrasonic pest repellers drive away pests?

No. Controlled studies have shown that ultrasonic pest repellers are ineffective at driving away wild rats and other pests. Specifically, ultrasound is no more effective than audible sound (Bomford and O'Brien 1990).

Ultrasonic collars do not drive fleas off of cats and dogs. Ultrasound does not drive away fleas or cause any change in flea activity patterns (Brown and Lewis 1991, Koehler et al. 1989). Ultrasonic cat collars have no effect on flea egg-laying, development of larvae, or flea mortality (Hinkel et al. 1990). Ultrasonic collars made no difference to the number of fleas on cats (Dryden et al. 1989).

Ultrasound does not keep wild animals away from roads. Ultrasonic devices did nothing to alter the behavior of moose (Muzzi and Bisset 1990), mule deer (Romin and Dalton 1992), or kangaroos (Bender 2001).

Ultrasonic devices are ineffective at repelling pests. Ultrasonic pest repellers do not repel cockroaches (Gold et al. 1984, Ballard et al. 1984), mosquitoes (Sylla and Kremsner 2000, Foster and Lutes 1985), white-tailed deer (Belant et al. 1998, Curtis et al. 1997), bats (Hurley and Fenton 1980), cats (Mills et al. 2000), starlings (Bomford 1990), pigeons (Griffiths 1988, Woronecki 1988), and many other bird species (Hamershock 1992).

Ultrasonic pest repellers do little to repel unwanted rodents. Rodents may be driven away for a few minutes or a few days, but they tend to return to their nesting and feeding areas even in the presence of ultrasound (Pierce 1993, Timm 1994). Ultrasound has not been shown to drive rodents out of buildings or to cause above-normal levels of mortality (Timm 1994).

It works . My experiment demonstrated it. The video shows it. You do not have to agree with me but you should at least believe what I write about the test. What more proof do you want? I'm not interested in deterring bats that operate in a totally different way, nor moose ,mule deer, cockroaches etc Is this bleating? i'm not a sheep. Maybe your girlfriend bought a different make from me.And for the other poster who questions whether i'm somehow associated with sellers, NO I AM NOT, I have no vested interest, merely trying to help people who have a problem.

This is getting boring. The video shows it working, mine works, I don't need any more of this

It works . My experiment demonstrated it. The video shows it. You do not have to agree with me but you should at least believe what I write about the test. What more proof do you want? I'm not interested in deterring bats that operate in a totally different way, nor moose ,mule deer, cockroaches etc Is this bleating? i'm not a sheep. Maybe your girlfriend bought a different make from me.And for the other poster who questions whether i'm somehow associated with sellers, NO I AM NOT, I have no vested interest, merely trying to help people who have a problem.

This is getting boring. The video shows it working, mine works, I don't need any more of this

Predictable answer, the video shows nothing and I still dont know why I have to believe anything you say or maybe because "you say so", Id rather trust the U.S govt dept and other credible results rather than 1 you tube video which I countered with an equally unscientific one to highlight the fact you tube proves nothing.

Ok so show me the scientific reports proving it works??? nope didnt think so :D

In the meantime anyone who wants to deter dogs please send me $50 and Ill send you my latest invention , a "subsonic" deterrent also proven not to work :)

You did of course check your source dint you??? then youll see both videos have been made by the same person!!

Edited by yabaaaa

Yaabaa,

What is your problem? you clearly think I am not telling the truth ; I am telling the truth,and I object to you implying I am not. That is why you have to believe me. I do not need to show you scientific reports. it works. You also seem to think I'm either stupid or deceived, I can assure you neither is true.

I'll spell it out to you

I have bought this thing, when a dog starts barking aggressively at me when riding my bike, I aim it at it ,press the button and the dogs turns and runs. It is effective. i've done that many times now and it means that I am confident of a degree of protection from some of the more aggressive dogs.. This is called empirical evidence and the video is evidence, you say it shows nothing, clearly untrue.

Now since we cannot hear U/S sound, we wil not know if anything we have bought is working or not, that is why I suggested using a sound meter to test it.

As far as the sound goes yes it might bethat U/S sound is no more effective than audible sound, but it does not have to be, as long as it works.

For the rest of your references, yes I, accept they may not work against fleas etc, I'll not get upset over that.

I raised this because someone had asked for advice on protecting herself from dogs and I am trying to help. You seem intent on ignoring anything I say

I think there is nothing more to be gained by continuing this rather futile debate.. Mods can you lock this?

Yaabaa,

What is your problem? you clearly think I am not telling the truth ; I am telling the truth,and I object to you implying I am not. That is why you have to believe me. I do not need to show you scientific reports. it works. You also seem to think I'm either stupid or deceived, I can assure you neither is true.

I'll spell it out to you

I have bought this thing, when a dog starts barking aggressively at me when riding my bike, I aim it at it ,press the button and the dogs turns and runs. It is effective. i've done that many times now and it means that I am confident of a degree of protection from some of the more aggressive dogs.. This is called empirical evidence and the video is evidence, you say it shows nothing, clearly untrue.

Now since we cannot hear U/S sound, we wil not know if anything we have bought is working or not, that is why I suggested using a sound meter to test it.

As far as the sound goes yes it might bethat U/S sound is no more effective than audible sound, but it does not have to be, as long as it works.

For the rest of your references, yes I, accept they may not work against fleas etc, I'll not get upset over that.

I raised this because someone had asked for advice on protecting herself from dogs and I am trying to help. You seem intent on ignoring anything I say

I think there is nothing more to be gained by continuing this rather futile debate.. Mods can you lock this?

Your'e correct nothing to be gained.....................from buying the dog dazer, no proof to back up any of the manufacturers claims whatsoever, I have ignored nothing you say you are making claims with NO proof, a U tube video is not proof BOTH of those videos are by the same person, you cant back up the claims and want the topic closed, that tells me a lot.......................good luck promoting your product even though many tests have proven ultrasound does not work including the U.S govt!

Please you don't have to tell me like a 5 year old that "we" cant hear ultrasound sound. ACTUALLY some people mainly young children can hear frequencies over 20k

Edited by yabaaaa

You did of course check your source dint you??? then youll see both videos have been made by the same person!!

Yaa Baa,

I only sent one video but I saw several, please check your facts .

As far as your girlfriends test went, maybe it was defective, maybe flat battery, who knows? but as you said to me ' that's no proof' ( that they do not work)

I hesitate to do this as I'm sure sure are much cleverer and well read than me, but I'll go ahead anyway.

Can I suggest you stop taking the tablets you are named after, and try meditation. I'd hope that then you would be less hyperactive and irritable. I'm not sure that it will have any effect on your belief that you are always right and that others that hold different views are somehow gullible, misguided or liars. Nor wil it , I suspect, have any effect on your impulse to use words like 'bleating'which clearly mean that you have prejudged me.

Finally I'd point out I have no interest in whether you think they work or not, your opinion is of no value to me.

I wish you well and hope you are better soon

Yaabaa,

I'll spell it out to you

Your'e correct nothing to be gained.....................from buying the dog dazer, no proof to back up any of the manufacturers claims whatsoever, I have ignored nothing you say you are making claims with NO proof, a U tube video is not proof BOTH of those videos are by the same person, you cant back up the claims and want the topic closed, that tells me a lot.......................good luck promoting your product even though many tests have proven ultrasound does not work including the U.S govt!

Please you don't have to tell me like a 5 year old that "we" cant hear ultrasound sound. ACTUALLY some people mainly young children can hear frequencies over 20k

You seem to think I am selling these. I am not at the implication is that I am lying. that's offensive I have no vested interest in these. Yes I know that some young people can hear high frequencies, but not everyone knows that, even adults, ( I suspect not many 5 year olds know that either!)

I tell you again, it works,Do you want me to repeat myself yet again? I won't it's too boring. I don't care about manufacturers claims. I have no need to prove it to you, if you don't believe me do the other thing.