"thai Women Not Beautifull"

Thai women not beautiful?

Only 1% of Thai women consider themselves to be beautiful, and six out of 10 would consider some form of plastic surgery if it were free, according to a study commissioned by Dove.

``Asian Women's Attitudes Towards Self-Esteem, Body Image and Media Portrayal'', surveyed 2,100 women in 10 countries in Asia about their views on beauty.

The majority were dissatisfied with their looks and liked the ``Eurasian look'', said Wannipa Bhakdibutra, managing director (personal care) at Unilever Thai Trading.

Only 59% of Thai women said they were satisfied with their appearance, while only 1% considered themselves to be beautiful, compared with an average 3% of all nationalities surveyed.

``Asian women are not happy with their bodies. Thai women are most unhappy about their tummies and the shape of their legs,'' the study concluded.

Although 38% of Thai women showed interest in cosmetic surgery, this jumped to 63%, the highest in the survey, if surgery were free as a component of health care.

www.bangkokpost.com

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1% of Thai women consider themselves to be beautiful, and six out of 10 would consider some form of plastic surgery if it were free, according to a study commissioned by Dove.

``Asian Women's Attitudes Towards Self-Esteem, Body Image and Media Portrayal'', surveyed 2,100 women in 10 countries in Asia about their views on beauty.

The majority were dissatisfied with their looks and liked the ``Eurasian look'', said Wannipa Bhakdibutra, managing director (personal care) at Unilever Thai Trading.

Only 59% of Thai women said they were satisfied with their appearance, while only 1% considered themselves to be beautiful, compared with an average 3% of all nationalities surveyed.

``Asian women are not happy with their bodies. Thai women are most unhappy about their tummies and the shape of their legs,'' the study concluded.

Although 38% of Thai women showed interest in cosmetic surgery, this jumped to 63%, the highest in the survey, if surgery were free as a component of health care.

www.bangkokpost.com

I like their legs and butts and chi-chi's. I thought they had the nicest bodies that i have seen in asia . just my preference . I like filipinas faces better if anyone cares .

"Asian Women's Attitudes Towards Self-Esteem, Body Image and Media Portrayal'', surveyed 2,100 women in 10 countries in Asia about their views on beauty.

It would be interesting to get a comparison done by a similar survey in the West.

If 59% of Thai women said they were satisfied with their appearance, what do you think the % would be if a similar survey was done in say the UK or USA?

I'll take bets now...

:o

Unfortunately this is how it is...... it seems a large proportion of the female community are dissatisfied with their appearance for some reason. Most studies on this subject would suggest the same for all women......Maybe due to advertising's peer presure I would think..... :o

Edited by soi lurker

It's all marketing and it's a shame.

Look at the messages women get everywhere they look: impossibly thin bodies, spectacularly shiny hair that's full of body and slow-motion sway, white-white skin, artistically chiseled faces, and all the rest -- often air-brushed and photoshop enhanced.

If you've got a female partner, never pass up the opportunity to tell her how beautiful she is and how much you care for her. Help her attain the self-esteem that she deserves and her beauty, both within and without, will grow, day by day.

If you've got a female partner, never pass up the opportunity to tell her how beautiful she is and how much you care for her. Help her attain the self-esteem that she deserves and her beauty, both within and without, will grow, day by day.

Nice one Mike... :o

good thought...

totally agree with you

bambi

Khrap Phom....

i guess many thai girls wouldlike a big heavy pair of silicon jugs instead of a pair of fried eggs, and replace their 'electrical socket nose' with a smallneat nose.

then their feet are too wide like a ducks.

well we can't help .. coz we 're asian, smallneat nose,small boobs ....well i think all girls in this world want themself look good as much as we can..

geuss what? (for whom)

answer is..for GUYS

well its not about asian girl just want to do boob job..also farang too..(if you see the TV program"Extreme Makover" for example)

Bambi

I do, and she does appreciate it, but she does sometimes add a comment along the lines of it being different for me because I'm a farang.

She also had an interesting comment about why they always choose luk-krung models on skin & beauty product adverts. It's not only for their pale skin, it's also down to them not being completely Thai, they can get away with acting in a way which is supposedly against Thai culture (being vain, self-obsessed and the likes). Anybody ever heard that one before?

I think it is a good thing. This lack of self esteem keeps Thai ladies humble and thus most do not get big heads.

Brilliant. It's people with low self-esteem who get big heads and have a constant need to prove how wonderful they are. People who are happy with themselves make much better lovers, partners and friends.

(Note, for example, my head constantly expanding as my self-esteem diminishes....) :o

Edited by buadhai

She also had an interesting comment about why they always choose luk-krung models on skin & beauty product adverts. It's not only for their pale skin, it's also down to them not being completely Thai, they can get away with acting in a way which is supposedly against Thai culture (being vain, self-obsessed and the likes). Anybody ever heard that one before?

Yes... also luk-kreung can get away with showing a bit more skin... the semi-nudity that goes with the advertising of these products... it wouldn't be considered appropriate for a full-blooded Thai to be exposed in such a way... :o

Someone once told me, it is very easy to get a Thai woman if you are in Thailand :D .......the difficulty is getting a non-Thai Asian woman. Now, that's an accomplishment. :D

Don't shoot the messenger! :o

Someone once told me, it is very easy to get a Thai woman if you are in Thailand :D .......the difficulty is getting a non-Thai Asian woman. Now, that's an accomplishment. :D

Don't shoot the messenger! :o

this thread makes me think. so this is why I never had a hard time hooking up? at the same time I get tired of hearing them bitch about themselves.

i guess many thai girls wouldlike a big heavy pair of silicon jugs instead of a pair of fried eggs, and replace their 'electrical socket nose' with a smallneat nose.

I think it is a good thing. This lack of self esteem keeps Thai ladies humble and thus most do not get big heads.

If you guys don't like the looks of the women here or harber bad thoughts of them then as far as I'm concerned you can rack off as they don't need you here. If you're not here then don't come. I would like the opportunity to stick my feet on your shoulders also, so I can wash out that sh1t you have for a brain.

I'm not sure that I understand the point of the article. However, who am I to argue with Thai women if only 1% of them feel as though they are beautiful. I'm sure that the statistics would be similar in the US, with a single exception...if cosmetic surgery was free, 100% of the women in the US would have something done.

What a right pair of muppets, i bet if you 2 look in the mirror you aint no oil paintings either :o