"thai Women Not Beautifull"

I agree that Asian women in general are very beautiful, with beautiful bodies. But I've also seen beauty in many different ethnicities and nationalities. And I've seen it in many different guises. In my experience I've also met physically beautiful people who were also blessed with beautiful souls. As a photographer, I spent a fortune photographing beautiful women who were interesting to me in some way.

Unfortunately, I've also come across a couple of physically beautiful people who were some of the ugliest people I've ever met. I guess that's why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me personally, beauty is part of the whole package, not just a total of body parts, but I understand this is Thailand; there is much more emphasis on surface appearances here.

FIEND, your comment seems to imply that Thai women wear less makeup than Western women, which is not true. Perhaps you simply meant what you said, which is that you think Asian women are more naturally beautiful. But if you were saying they are more natural, there are less women that go without makeup in Thailand and Asia in general than in the West. There is still an emphasis for women to be made-up here, which was a norm that was left behind by many Western women at least 10-15 years ago.

This is not a judgement for or against makeup, just a comment.

IMPOSSIBLE_ME: In addition to your comment about Thai/white women's looks, you also stated that you think Asian women have better characters and culture.

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear more of your opinion about it.

Do you think Asian women are more beautiful than white women only, or other women from other racial groups as well?

Is it white women you are talking about, or Western women?

Do you think all Asian women are equally beautiful, or are some Asian women as a group more beautiful?

What do you think is superior about the Asian woman's character and culture compared to white women?

I rarely get to discuss this topic with Thai women in an open manner. The whole perception of beauty is such an identity issue across culture, but something that all women have had to think about.

But, if you don't want to respond, that's ok, too.

(By the way, I'm asking IMPOSSIBLE_ME the questions. I can't ask anyone else not to respond, but I already know what the majority of the men on the forum think about Asian/white/Western women).

Cheers.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIEND, your comment seems to imply that Thai women wear less makeup than Western women, which is not true.  Perhaps you simply meant what you said, which is that you think Asian women are more naturally beautiful.  But if you were saying they are more natural, there are less women that go without makeup in Thailand and Asia in general than in the West.  There is still an emphasis for women to be made-up here, which was a norm that was left behind by many Western women at least 10-15 years ago. 

This is not a judgement for or against makeup, just a comment.

My comment meant that Asian women are more naturally beautiful!!! They are beautiful - naturally. With or without make up!

Westen women tend to cover themselves in warpaint under the impression that it makes them look beautiful..... result - it doesn't work! Because they are not naturally beautiful! And when everything else fails... they resort to plastic surgery!

I agree that Asian women in general are very beautiful, with beautiful bodies. But I've also seen beauty in many different ethnicities and nationalities. And I've seen it in many different guises. In my experience I've also met physically beautiful people who were also blessed with beautiful souls. As a photographer, I spent a fortune photographing beautiful women who were interesting to me in some way

And yes, I agree, beauty comes from within, from deep within :o

Edited by TheFiend

My comment meant that Asian women are more naturally beautiful!!! They are beautiful -  naturally. With or without make up!

I am of the opinion that most women in the world do not need makeup... I am against it's use in everyday life... the natural look is far more appealing for me.. :o

Just my preference

totster :D

One of the biggest turn offs is women wearing far too much make up and also showering themselves in perfume...subtlety is far more attractive.

Just a small bit of make up to accentuate her features and a small amount of perfume is fine. I have seen examples of both in asian and western women!

Quote FIEND:

"...Westen women tend to cover themselves in warpaint under the impression that it makes them look beautiful..... result - it doesn't work! Because they are not naturally beautiful! And when everything else fails... they resort to plastic surgery!"

Sorry, but your quote is misleading. I have a friend who works in marketing and research for a major beauty retailer, and Asia is the biggest consumer of heavy makeup - i.e. foundation and powder, along with everything else. You only need to look around, there are many more women with full faces of makeup in this city than other Western cities. Most of the men I dated here have mentioned the same thing to me, when they saw that I did not wear makeup. As I said, as a daily habit it has been left behind by many modern Western women for at least 20 years. That is not to say that there are exceptions on both sides, but I am talking about major trends.

Plastic surgery is also big here, as can be witnessed by many small, "neighborhood" plastic surgeon mechanics all over the place. I've also heard but not had confirmed that there is a high consumption of diet aids.

*spelling edit

Edited by kat

Quote FIEND:

"...Westen women tend to cover themselves in warpaint under the impression that it makes them look beautiful..... result - it doesn't work! Because they are not naturally beautiful! And when everything else fails... they resort to plastic surgery!"

Sorry, but your quote is misleading.  I have a friend who works in marketing and research for a major beauty retailer, and Asia is the biggest consumer of heavy makeup - i.e. foundation and powder, along with everything else.  You only need to look around, there are many more women with full faces of makeup in this city than other Western cities.  Most of the men I dated here have mentioned the same thing to me, when they saw that I did not wear makeup.  As I said, as a daily habit it has been left behind by many modern Western women for at least 20 years.  That is not to say that there are exceptions on both sides, but I am talking about major trends.

Plastic surgery is also big here, as can be witnessed by many small, "neighborhood" plastic surgeon mechanics all over the place.  I've also heard but not had confirmed that there is a high consumption of diet aids.

*spelling edit

Yet again you misinterperet what I wrote!!! I said Asian women are more naturally beautiful than western women..... I then said Western women resort to apply warpaint because they believe it will make themselves look more beautiful!

I have nothing against Asian women wearing make-ip, but it is my opinion that they are beautiful enough without needing to apply it!

I have said nothing about global sales of make up, or about the amount of make-up women wear. I was just stating my opinion that asian women do not need to wear makeup to look beautiful.... :o

it's my opinion that SOME women are naturally beatiful without make up but not all & that includes thai & western women, it is also my opinion that this thread is turning into another, thai wonen are this western women are that type bashing thread & will close it if we don't get back on track. so there

FIEND: Is this what you said: "...Westen women tend to cover themselves in warpaint under the impression that it makes them look beautiful..... result - it doesn't work! Because they are not naturally beautiful! And when everything else fails... they resort to plastic surgery!"

I never misinterpreted what you said, only asked for clarification. Furthermore, my last post is addressing your direct and implied statements. No need to get nasty. Funny how that tends to happen around here as soon as we start discussing facts as opposed to rosy, idealized sentiments.

Edited by kat

ok, the original topic was that a large percentage of thai women don't think they are beautiful, there has to be many reasons for this but maybe a lot of it stems from advertising, the constant bombardment of ultra pale models & actors on tv, the obsession with whitening products & the fact that most thai women DO have darker asian skin tones. I have also noticed a kind of uniformity in fashion & trends in thailand, there isn't a lot of encourgament to be individual as in the west & so if they (thai women) don't fit the mold, then maybe view themselves as not as beautiful as the impossibly thin, pale, tall model advertising the latest jeans or skin product?

valiant effort, Boo, so I'm going to do my best to support you :o

But I don't think it's going to be very popular; here goes:

I agree with much of what you said, but I also have a different perspective on the survey. I think like most women around the world, Thai women have been affected by the obvious slant in advertising.

However, in my experience and many other's observations, a lot of Thai women also seem to believe/know that they are more beautiful than most women (I am not arguing this point, as it is an opinion, I am only stating an observation - REPEAT - not an opinion). I think it is because they have been told this over and over again by the male population that settle here. I've heard Thai women make blatant statements to this effect many times. I've also seen many make blatant moves for men that are obviously spoken for, and I'm not talking about just the bargirls. Of course, I know many Thai women who are not this way, but I see many more who are.

So, I think that the survey may be their real sentiments, or a combination of real sentiments and Kreng Jai - or humble public face. Anwyay, that's my opinion and observation.

Quote FIEND:

Sorry, but your quote is misleading.  I have a friend who works in marketing and research for a major beauty retailer, and Asia is the biggest consumer of heavy makeup - i.e. foundation and powder, along with everything else.  You only need to look around, there are many more women with full faces of makeup in this city than other Western cities.  Most of the men I dated here have mentioned the same thing to me, when they saw that I did not wear makeup.  As I said, as a daily habit it has been left behind by many modern Western women for at least 20 years.  That is not to say that there are exceptions on both sides, but I am talking about major trends.

Plastic surgery is also big here, as can be witnessed by many small, "neighborhood" plastic surgeon mechanics all over the place.  I've also heard but not had confirmed that there is a high consumption of diet aids.

*spelling edit

Yet again you misinterperet what I wrote!!! I said Asian women are more naturally beautiful than western women..... I then said Western women resort to apply warpaint because they believe it will make themselves look more beautiful!

I have nothing against Asian women wearing make-ip, but it is my opinion that they are beautiful enough without needing to apply it!

I have said nothing about global sales of make up, or about the amount of make-up women wear. I was just stating my opinion that asian women do not need to wear makeup to look beautiful.... :D

Would you like me to get you a nice big shovel? just so you can dig your hole a bit quicker :o

ok, the original topic was that a large percentage of thai women don't think they are beautiful, there has to be many reasons for this but maybe a lot of it stems from advertising, the constant bombardment of ultra pale models & actors on tv, the obsession with whitening products & the fact that most thai women DO have darker asian skin tones. I have also noticed a kind of uniformity in fashion & trends in thailand, there isn't a lot of encourgament to be individual as in the west & so if they (thai women) don't fit the mold, then maybe view themselves as not as beautiful as the impossibly thin, pale, tall model advertising the latest jeans or skin product?

Right on Boo. My sentiments exactly.

As I said before, those of us with female partners need to counteract the effects of all that marketing by telling the women in our lives how beautiful they are and how much they mean to us. As the self-esteem increases so will the confidence in their own appearance.

Whatever the reason may be is not important. What is important is that this attitude amogst thai women is a very good thing and the reason why so very many farang men come and move to thailand. this mindset keeps thai women in check. if they didn't think like this, less than 5% of the men that are here would be in this country. I can speak for the 95% and say we are grateful. I mean like who with a sound mind would be here if tasty women were not readily and easily available? Close to zero. Yes you get your flukies who came here for other reasons but they are not common. Why else would anyone be here? For the comradery of the wonderful ppl? LOL

PS: the funny thing about this is that in reality the opposite is true in most cases as obesity and overall hefferness of western women is far more prevalent than that of thais. Thus, thais in general are way more attractive on the whole than western chubbies.

Edited by The Dude

thanks meadish, i think a lot of these guys are unaware that they are not exactlty oil paintings themselves & should bear that in mind next time they want to slag off ANY women as I am getting a bit pissed off with it all & an itchy trigger finger is on the warning button.

Obesity is a vice affecting men as well as women in the Western population, and a growing :D problem in Thailand's middle class as well. Hardly restricted to Western women.

Let he who is without excess fat eat the first pork chop with gravy.

Everyone should be able to control their own weight. There are very few of either sex who are medically overweight. Most are overweight from their own excesses and lack of exercise. The information is out there for anyone who wants to keep both slim and in shape ..... BUT how many can be bothered to???

I think the Thais are in better shape because overall their diet is better than in the West. BUT this is changing and they are catching up. Twenty odd years ago when I first came to Thailand there were very, very few fat Thais ... now there are a lot more. (Thanks KFC and Mc Ds).

Anyway I am entitled to eat the pork chop with gravy .... but I would 9 times out of 10 trim the fat off the chop!!! :o

I never misinterpreted what you said, only asked for clarification.  Furthermore, my last post is addressing your direct and implied statements.  No need to get nasty.  Funny how that tends to happen around here as soon as we start discussing facts as opposed to rosy, idealized sentiments.

I know what I wrote and I know what I mean. I did not want to start an arguement, and nothing I have written is or was meant to be nasty.

I am coming to Thailand to meet a very beautiful woman, she is an angel, a real angel. A very hard working nurse in Bangkok, and her beauty comes from the inside.

I coming to Thailand to meet her, not because she is Thai, not because she is asian, but because we get along so well. We chat for hours most days.I have found real beauty inside her. And I am taking the chance that it will work for us.

Maybe you think i am fat old farang who want to buy himself a wife because he cannot get western girlfriend, But I am not, I am 42 and never had any problems meeting girlfiends.

And i certainly don't wear rose tinted glasses..... I live in the real world.

tots, just to make this thread more interesting, have you noticed you are nearly at 3000 posts?... I find that quite remarkable.

How´s the weather in the UK?

Ciao, Kayo.

tots, just to make this thread more interesting, have you noticed you are nearly at 3000 posts?... I find that quite remarkable.

How´s the weather in the UK?

Ciao, Kayo.

Remarkable that someone can talk so much rubbish you mean... ha ha :o:D

Well after the mini indian summer we've just had, it's returned to the normal greyish crap weather ....

At the moment where I am it is "partly cloudy, 12c"

totster :D

Cool.

Over here it´s been a beautiful day with blue skies...

The afternoon sets in towards evening now, however, and there are a few black clouds building up - The rains are late today.

Blah blah. My TG is really good hearted even with those tattoes and her old job she will never return to as soon as I get on a plane back home.

blah blah...

• 3 weeks later...
Whatever the reason may be is not important. What is important is that this attitude amogst thai women is a very good thing and the reason why so very many farang men come and move to thailand. this mindset keeps thai women in check. if they didn't think like this, less than 5% of the men that are here would be in this country. I can speak for the 95% and say we are grateful. I mean like who with a sound mind would be here if tasty women were not readily and easily available? Close to zero. Yes you get your flukies who came here for other reasons but they are not common. Why else would anyone be here? For the comradery of the wonderful ppl? LOL

PS: the funny thing about this is that in reality the opposite is true in most cases as obesity and overall hefferness of western women is far more prevalent than that of thais. Thus, thais in general are way more attractive on the whole than western chubbies.

Dude,

Are you not contradicting yourself?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=414474

Chocolate/vanilla

Do you have to harp about how horrible one is because you prefer the other?

Obesity is a unisex problem in the west and ever growing here.

a lot ( I am not saying all) of farang men here have much younger girlfriends/wives, it is a natural thing to gain weight as you get older, I am not saying to the point of obesity, the per capita income is much lower here so naturally the diets are different of lower income versus higher income just from the stand point of what they can afford. Most western women work, you must have 2 incomes to survive in most western countries. A lot of the Thai women here I know with farang partners do not work, this naturally reduces stress and allows for more time for personal care. Go to the villages where there are women over 30 you will see a lot who are not skinny minis. Besides as has been addressed here quite a few men could look in the mirror.

As I said in the begining chocolate/vanilla not everyone is the same or wants the same. As a western woman, (who is thin by the way) I am so sick of these attitudes. I am tired of hearing Thai women tell me that farang men they meet say all western women are fat and sloppy. I am tired of the comments from the likes of some people on this forum about western women.

As to the origins of this thread, I think a great majority of women do not feel great about their appearance when they are younger, as we get a bit older I think we come into excepting ourselves, whether that be big noses, skinny ankles, small boobs etc. I don't know the deomgraphics of the survey group, however a lot of these types of surveys are aimed at the 20-30 year olds.