Uk Fiance Visa Query.

My girl has just submitted a fiance visa in the UK in Bangkok. When she arrives in

Britain we plan to get married. We will then have to submit another application for

a 2 year settlement visa. My question is will I have to provide the same documents

again such as pay slips, bank statements or will it just be a case of applying for

the 2 year settlement visa and getting it with out me having to provide all the same

sponsor documents I sent for her fiance visa?

Thanks in advance and posters with previous experience in fiance to settlement visa

applications welcome.

Another question; will I have to again pay the expensive settlement visa fee

after just wacking out for the fiance visa which costs the same as the 2 year

settlement visa? I was told I would not but would like some real experiences

from people who have been through this process.

Cheers.

Another question; will I have to again pay the expensive settlement visa fee

after just wacking out for the fiance visa which costs the same as the 2 year

settlement visa? I was told I would not but would like some real experiences

from people who have been through this process.

Cheers.

Of course you have to pay. Haven't you heard, the UK finances are in a mess. So a word of advice - when you apply check the fee hasn't changed from a 3 to a 4 figure sum. Still a bargain.

This is why I advise people to marry in Thailand and obtain a 27 month spouse visa; to avoid this extra application and fee.

I appreciate, though, that it is a personal choice and no criticism of the OP nor anyone else is intended..

Ask Tony Blair; it was his government that introduced these charges for FLR and ILR; prior to him they were free. Or rather the cost of FLR and ILR were included in the initial settlement visa fee.

Blair introduced fees for FLR and ILR and at the same time increased the fee for the initial settlement visa! These fees have been increased each year above inflation ever since.

Despite both the Torys and LibDems vehemently opposing these fees when they were introduced, I doubt that the new government will be doing anything other than continuing with them; it's too easy a form of revenue which has no effect on the vast majority of the population.

BTW, apart from the cost there is a large difference between a fiance visa and a visit visa. The main one being that a visit visa cannot be extended or converted to settlement in the UK.