Greatest Guitar Solos -

chonabot

I had an embarrassing moment at a Jeff Beck concert at the Shepherds Bush Empire a few years ago. It was the Blow by Blow 25 years anniversary concert. Beck is my 2nd fave guitarits after Mr Page , it was a blinding concert etc.

He was playing "Cause we ended as lovers" , one of the finest instrumentals of all time IMO. I was rather inebriated and standing about 5 feet away from Jeff.

as the track ended I shouted out my appreciation " You <deleted> bstad! "

meant in a nice awe inspired way, the atmosphere could have been cut with a knife, everyone including Jeff was looking at me. Fortunately he laughed and grinned at me , the surrounding crowd weren't quite as gracious...

:o

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouted out my appreciation " You <deleted> bstad! "

Fortunately he laughed and grinned at me , the surrounding crowd weren't quite as gracious...

Back in the mid-70's, I had front row center aisle for Foghat backed up by Wishbone Ash. There was pretty tight security and while people could stand, they had to stay by their seats.

About 1/2-way into Foghat's concert, this guy a few rows behind me started getting out of hand. Security had to come over 3 or 4 times to get him out of the aisle and back to his seat.

All the while Foghat frontman Lonesome Dave is watching this and getting pissed because everyone is watching that event instead of the main event.

They continue to jam and this guy continued to be a jerk. On the 5th time security had enough and threw this guy out. To get to the nearest exit, they had to go by the stage. As they passed center stage, Lonesome Dave reached out and kicked this guy right in the chest.

We saw it all, smiled at Loneseome Dave, he smiled back and we all cracked up! It was incredible! (the concert was even better)

:D

I shouted out my appreciation " You <deleted> bstad! "

Fortunately he laughed and grinned at me , the surrounding crowd weren't quite as gracious...

Back in the mid-70's, I had front row center aisle for Foghat backed up by Wishbone Ash. There was pretty tight security and while people could stand, they had to stay by their seats.

About 1/2-way into Foghat's concert, this guy a few rows behind me started getting out of hand. Security had to come over 3 or 4 times to get him out of the aisle and back to his seat.

All the while Foghat frontman Lonesome Dave is watching this and getting pissed because everyone is watching that event instead of the main event.

They continue to jam and this guy continued to be a jerk. On the 5th time security had enough and threw this guy out. To get to the nearest exit, they had to go by the stage. As they passed center stage, Lonesome Dave reached out and kicked this guy right in the chest.

We saw it all, smiled at Loneseome Dave, he smiled back and we all cracked up! It was incredible! (the concert was even better)

:D

I saw the same duo in concert Foghat/Wishbone Ash... wonderfully exciting time jumping up and down on the plush seats (it was held at an indoor cinema... :D

Strange occurence at an Aerosmith concert in 1983. People began setting off firecrackers inside the indoor arena... and when an M-80 (a very large firecracker) was thrown towards the stage, Steve Perry stopped playing and Tyler stopps singing...and screams into the mike, "ONE MORE F_CKIN' FIRECRACKER AND WE WALK OFF!!!!"

This was during only their second song.... The ENTIRE arena fell completely silent..........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

for what seemed like like eternity.......................................

and then:

BANG!!!!!

Steve Perry blasted off into a 15 minute-long, explosive guitar solo that absolutely melted everyone's face.......

and the concert turned out to be a fantastically good time..... *with no further fireworks*

I saw the same duo in concert Foghat/Wishbone Ash...

Foghat was a heck of a band in their prime. Probably one of the best covers ever of a Muddy Waters tune, "(I Just Wanna) Make Love to You."

I love the original MW version, which had its own sexual aggression the way only MW could bring to it. The Foghat version was just awesome rocked up blues. Debbie Davies also does a great softer funkier blues version of it (backed up by Double Trouble, Tommy Shannon & Chris Layton).

Steve Perry blasted off into a 15 minute-long, explosive guitar solo that absolutely melted everyone's face.......

i think you mean joe perry, who would be my favorite guitarist. SRV, beck, angus, gilmour, hendrix and so many that have pulled off psycho live solos over the years. too many favorites to just pick 3

page taking a violin bow to his les paul in dased and confused (song remains the same)...ahhhhhh yeh that needs to be on the list

I'll add a few more:

RIDE THE TIGER Jefferson Starship Lead Guitarist Craig Chaquico (try some of his newer Jazzy music and Sacred Ground intrumental.

MIDNIGHT STROLL and most Albums by Robert Cray

SWEET DREAMS Roy Buchanan

I saw the same duo in concert Foghat/Wishbone Ash...

Foghat was a heck of a band in their prime. Probably one of the best covers ever of a Muddy Waters tune, "(I Just Wanna) Make Love to You."

That was almost up anthemn status at my high school.... The distinctive intro guitar work fabulous...ahhhh... so nice...

and the concert version of the song must have lasted 20 minutes. :o

i think you mean joe perry, who would be my favorite guitarist. SRV, beck, angus, gilmour, hendrix and so many that have pulled off psycho live solos over the years. too many favorites to just pick 3

page taking a violin bow to his les paul in dased and confused (song remains the same)...ahhhhhh yeh that needs to be on the list

DANG IT... I did it again.... as in the Buddy Guy/Buddy Miles/Buddy Rich fiasco... :D

Yes... of course JOE Perry.... Steve Perry is an excellent singer in his own right for Journey... and STEVE Tyler must have thrown me off...

Too many Buddy's... and too many Perry's.... LOL.... any other names with too many representatives in the music world??

But, I am REALLY BAD with mixing up names.... sorry to all involved... I hang my head in shame... :D

btw, I too would list Page's "bow work" as one of the all-time bests as well :o

Summer after I finished high school, I worked security for a large, outdoor concert venue in the Southern Chicago suburbs. I have probably seen everything any of you went through and more. What an eye-opening experience that was! :o