Passport Stamps

Hello everybody,

I have a question and hope sombody can help me with that. I have been staying in Thailand for almost two years. I have left Thailand in March 99 and haven't been back there till now. While I have been living there I had sent my passport several times to Malaysia to get it stamped. A travel agency did this service for me. Now I would like to go to Thailand for holiday, but stil have al them stamps in my passport. The question is wil I have a problem reentering Thailand with this passport or wil it be OK, since it was over 4 years ago. Can they see, if watching the old stamps, that the passport was sent? Any quick reply wil be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Johnny

We are not aware of any problems with stamps prior to May/June 2003, so you can propably enter with no problems.

If you are in a posistion to change your passport in your home country before arriving Thailand, you would be ok, but not necessary.

Immigration does not keep records that long ago.

Thanks George,

So,are you sure I won't have any problems entering Thailand with this passport?!!

Moreover I forgot to mention that my passport was issued by my embassy in Bangkok and that according to my passport I am still resident in Thailand. I have never changed my "redidence", so in my passport is still Thailand written as my residence.

Should that be a problem?

Look forward to any reply.

Thanks

Johnny

Residency is never a problem, so long as you put another country as your place of residence, mine is Australia and I was resident there 8 years ago (for a year)

I have used agencies in the past for visa things, got no trouble at all from the Nana Plaza lady stamps, but others may be questionable. My last visit in July got me 2*60day visas with 30day extension at Soi SuanPlu NO PROBLEM, return trip to Vientiene via DonMuang No PROBLEM.

I must be on a roll here!

• 2 weeks later...