Australian Fraudster's Phuket Vacation Cut Short

webfact

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what goes on in australia ?

who raises these kids anyway ?

Just following the Americans, after all Aussies don't need their common sense anymore!!!

Why are you bashing Americans? Bash your own people as it wasn't an American, but an Aussie who was trying to defraud an insurance company, was it not? What's the topic of this thread? It has nothing to do with the US, now does it? So you are speaking common sense or pure nonsense?

As I've pointed out before, don't bash anyone.

Silly girl,but hang on,what about all the crime actually committed against tourist that gets swept under the carpet or you have to pay to have action,or you get pulled over by police & have to pay them to let you go for doing nothing wrong.

Really people,get off your high horses,it is the land of corruption,one girl one fraud,it's nothing compared to the millions of scammed dollars every year in Thailand.

just to get the records straight: The pic on the initial post shows Kathu police station, not Patong, as mentioned. :)

It is the police station in Patong.

Patong is part of Kathu district therfore the police stations name is Kathu Police station subdivision Patong. ;)

This was just the scam's opening move. This nowhere near the ending. Moronic, molly-coddling, weeping parents will meet her at the airport to further enable her egocentric "me-me-me" complex.<_<

She will go back to Australia and claim the Thai police tortured her. The media will go in a frenzy and dig up any dirt on her. Then she has a book ghostwritten for her. Next, she sells the movie rights. Lastly, she o.d.'s on heroin. She also has to beat the hel_l out of a paparazzi when stumbling out of a bar at 3.00 AM with her ?lesbian? friend. If it is a really a first offense, the marketability can be greatly enhanced by the downward death spin.:P

Signed,

A cynic who had his 15 minutes of fame already... too many times. :jap:

Edited by dgotrek

It's such a shame for all of us who live here in freedom, accepting laws and culture.

Biggest problem is that not so many Thai differentiate between Australians, Europeans, or Americans. Just another farlang who made something wrong.

The question who raises these kids anyway is a serious question. Too many foul apples around.

Another reason why we've to pay more and more for any type of insurance. Som Nam Na must be the best words for her.........

"Taiwan or Thailand. You all look the same to me"

Jack incase you have not noticed, this is typical younger generation behavior of western brats nowadays, no respect for anything. you'de better get used to it

Having traveled extensively all over the world in the 60s thru 90s ... I've seen and head of this type and similar scams many many times. It's not just the present generation. In fact it's probably less these days because of much more sophisticated fraud detection. For centuries adults have been complaining that the younger generation is not respectful, has no proper manners, is going to the dogs, etc. .... and these kids will someday say the same thing about their kids' generation. Same same but slightly different.

Edited by HerbalEd

I wonder what "persuasive" methods the BIB use on a 20 year old to make her recant so quickly. I'd have thought if she stuck to her story provided it was plausible there would be little the BIB could do. Certain rules of the game have to be observed to win and the insurance companies are always improving their game. Not a game for inexperienced or unprepared players.

i am little confused though. She tried to scam an Australian Insurance company, so why does she get arrested in Thailand?

Its hard to believe of 50 000 baht bail for filing false police report and still having to go to court and all the hassles when its 15 000 baht for locals to get out of illegal fire arm charge. or possession of drugs

This is just another prime example of thai double standards.. It's everywhere, runs deep in the vains of thai society, their national sport- teel, rob, cheat farang.. Charge them over 3 x's what a thai would pay. They should put her in thai night school and taught her how to do it properly. The thais have had years at perfecting this national sport, they're extremly good at it, look at TS.. They all want to follow in his footsteps, he was once a policeman. Everytime i go to Pattaya in a Bkk taxi we get stopped about 6k outside the city, the taxi driver has to pay the police 100 thb, tea money.

My boss was fined 2,000 thb the other day for dropping a cig but down a storm drain, when i walk down the road and see thai's dropping food wrappers, shitting in the street,cigg's, spitting, beer cans.. Double standards... :jap:

i am little confused though. She tried to scam an Australian Insurance company, so why does she get arrested in Thailand?

Its hard to believe of 50 000 baht bail for filing false police report and still having to go to court and all the hassles when its 15 000 baht for locals to get out of illegal fire arm charge. or possession of drugs

This is just another prime example of thai double standards.. It's everywhere, runs deep in the vains of thai society, their national sport- teel, rob, cheat farang.. Charge them over 3 x's what a thai would pay. They should put her in thai night school and taught her how to do it properly. The thais have had years at perfecting this national sport, they're extremly good at it, look at TS.. They all want to follow in his footsteps, he was once a policeman. Everytime i go to Pattaya in a Bkk taxi we get stopped about 6k outside the city, the taxi driver has to pay the police 100 thb, tea money.

My boss was fined 2,000 thb the other day for dropping a cig but down a storm drain, when i walk down the road and see thai's dropping food wrappers, shitting in the street,cigg's, spitting, beer cans.. Double standards... :jap:

agree with everything you say, but still do not understand what was the actual charge and why she is charged by Thai police for trying to scam Australian Insurance company?

Was she charged with fraud? or was she charged with filing false police report? If false police report, why the charge? is not it just a small fine and off you go? why such a severe case? for something that has nothing to do with Thailand?

I am pretty sure Australian fraud case has nothing to do with Thai police, unless Australian police coordinated with Thai authorities-which is not the case, so why has she been charged with fraud in Thailand? and is to appear in Thai court? and is to be deported?

Or is it simply another scam but this time by the BIB?

Edited by kuffki

Lucky she didn't snatch a bar mat on the way out as a souvenir... whistling.gif

It seems so strange that the The Royal Thai Police can easily catch foreign tourists who make false claims against their Insurance companies, but can't or won't catch the hardened Thai criminals...:angry:

It is such a shame that this young woman thought that Thais are such easy pushovers. I am not as much saddened by the crime as I am about her possible sense about and discrimination toward the people of Thailand.. She has no respect for the culture or the people of Thailand.

we've got one here, 'respect for the culture'.It looks like your still in your in love with Thailand phase. You'll wake up when you get a few rip offs under your belt.

:bah:

agree with everything you say, but still do not understand what was the actual charge and why she is charged by Thai police for trying to scam Australian Insurance company?

Was she charged with fraud? or was she charged with filing false police report? If false police report, why the charge?

She is being charged with making a false report, lying to the cops, so she can be fined or end up in jail for 3 months or more. Foreigners have already been jailed for this in Chiangmai.

Was she charged with fraud? or was she charged with filing false police report? If false police report, why the charge?

She is being charged with making a false report, lying to the cops, so she can be fined or end up in jail for 3 months or more. Foreigners have already been jailed for this in Chiangmai.

so basically another scam!

Also just wondering who set the bail amount? Her court appearance date was after the bail was paid, so it means police set the bail and how exactly can they do that?

on a personal note, filing false police report=charge, are they joking? in what country in the world would you be charged for that as first offense at the age of 20 and where would any judge set bail for something like this?

I do not know why the BF did not get a lawyer who would of got her out of there for under 10K.

In my personal experience with Thai BIB in over 7 years, while they do take the report they never follow up or do anything about it, so what would be the problem with filing false one-its not like that would act on it. Just write a few words in the daily log book and file it away, it does not even get printed or entered into computer, no record number, no incident number, nothing.

if you ask me, just a scam by the local BIB.if anything she should get a lawyer and get media involved and ask that police station to explain how penalty for assault resulting in serious bodily harm is 1000 baht fine but filing a false police report is 50 000 plus deportation

20 years ago, stolen traveler check and personal belonging insurance claim scams were a big thing among backpackers in SE -Asia.

You always had your -claimed- money back within 24 hours... And without any question... Thanks to Amex and Thomas Cook cool.gif

Maybe, she just followed her "Nimbin" mother steps... without knowing that they are all computerized now !?!

Good post and I do agree with you 100%. Around my state now there were many people who committed all kinds of fraud, and some people even burned down their homes and businesses. One case a person did not buy a new home but, filed a claim to the IRS in order to get $8000, free money from the government. You know the rest of my story about what happened to this man...( serving time in jail for lying to an IRS agent )

I was so surprised why people did such bad things and had no conscious at all. My take and opinion.

50 foreigners a week committing insurance fraud a week in Patong? Is that a statistic or something made up? It seems like it would be in the news before this, if there were 50 cases a week...

90% of statistic are made up including this one!!

there is bangkok, pattaya, phuket, etc...

and then there is thailand.

where i live we can leave the doors open when out, car unlocked, key in motorbike even..

and i pay the same price as thais for everything,

i think where there are big tourists, there are scams..

but not all of thailand is like that.

and most thai people are not like that.

Please tell me you really meant "the Police attempted to fine my boss 2,000 Thb".

If he actually paid this fine then the term "sucker" springs to mind.

As an Aussie I'm p****d off at this girl, but she seems to have learnt her lesson. Guess she wasn't as smart as she though she was. Thai Police have an incredibly high confession rate. They've had a little practice getting versions of the truth out of people. I'm pleased they were able to get a good result. Not an easy job for them at times.

Especially when hardly any of them speaks English.

Actually she shows quite a bit of respect as she clearly sides with the 85% of Thai's who think corruption(theft) is OK as long as they benefit from it.

Sometimes reality bites.

It is such a shame that this young woman thought that Thais are such easy pushovers. I am not as much saddened by the crime as I am about her possible sense about and discrimination toward the people of Thailand.. She has no respect for the culture or the people of Thailand.

I must say your comment is truely well said. Cheers to you.

I hope this story gets some media coverage in Australia. It may deter people who are contemplating the same type of scam.

it may actually encourage it.

a lot of people wouldn't have thought of it before, and might think.. 'i could act, and hold on to my story, better than she did'.

I agree, it could just give more people the idea. That was my thought also.

Lol ..what a funny story ..and what a dumb B**** eh. Pretty easy: wanna rip off yer insurance company? Stick to yer 'plausable' story and they're ya go ...pay time!

This is not just a Thai story so nothing new, happens everywhere, all the time, by all nationalities,and in many situations.

Hands up who has scammed their insurance co. for an industrial accident/motor claim/travel claim sometime during their life ! Ahh, many hands I see LOL:lol:

So you you you crazy scammers ...STICK TO THE STORY and don't confess otherwise.

I take it you mean there money culture,

will the bail money be re-imburst or detucted off her fine, yes it`s fraud i agree, but i bet they check bin her two times too...you niave or what?

Edited by rizla