When Your Partner Is Mad At You!

BIG SPUDS

When your partner is mad at you what do they do?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have noticed when my GF is upset with me if ive said something i shouldnt have she will give me the silent treatment and not talk to me like she cant hear me , then every now and then will burst out a little line of why she is upset then go back to ignoring me. It drives me crazyi would rather she hit me or moaned for an hour or 2.

How does yours react?

My wife gives me a mouthful, and then the silent treatment can go on for two – three days.

Pisses me off especially when I am totally innocent. :o Normally happens after a lads night out. Doesn't help living in Pattaya either.

I just ignore her now, and wait for her to become reasonable again.

Like the old Ronnetts song, “The best part of breaking up, is when you’re making up.”

I drove all the way into Khon khen last month about a hours drive getting the silent treatment all the way didnt no what for once in KK she snaped at me a few times so I pulled in and brought few Chang beer and did a u turn drove all the way back home giving her the silent treatment. As I got out the car I hear this wimppering voice and a slight tear in the eye saying I wanted to go shopping. Being 9 months pregnant I think was the problem. But I bet she doesnt give me a hard time on shoping day again.

At last I won one and even saved some money

:o

She wont speak to me for about an hour.

Suppose i'll get used to it! :D

Make the most of the peace and quiet mate my wife is the same, sometimes i start an argument just so i can get a couple of hours of silence :D

Btw how is mrs spuds getting on in the U.K? Just wait for winter matey when she will be moaning 24/7 about how cold she is.

You got her enrolled at college yet? If you want any advice on how to help her adapt let me know. :o

the silent treatment

first i used to worry

then i got p*****d off

then every time she went into a silent mode i would tell her that it was a waste of time me being in the house so i am of to the pub.

result.. now if she has an issue she has learned to talk it through

problem... i do not get to the pub as much as i would like to

outcome... i can not win

It's never, ever, forgotten. Believe me!

True statement.

I guess it really depends on the perceived crime I have committed.

Getting home pissed :D just warrants the 'Silent Treatment' until mid morning or when she needs help to do something.

As we know one another very well now this is a rare event but the worst crime is me briefing her on her spending habits, back in the 'heated' early days she even went as far as going into a deep trance then self beating -- that was scary.

:o

I have noticed when my GF is upset with me if ive said something i shouldnt have she will give me the silent treatment and not talk to me like she cant hear me , then every now and then will burst out a little line of why she is upset then go back to ignoring me. It drives me crazyi would rather she hit me or moaned for an hour or 2.

How does yours react?

Very interesting topic.

I didn't know that is such a common way of expressing anger for Thai girls. I thought only my wife does that. These days it doesn't last more than a night, but before it could last 2 - 3 days or even a week. Sometimes I don't know what wrong I've done that she's mad about but you just can't talk to her when she's in silent mode. We work in the same family company so we do have to talk business in the office even when she's mad, but then she talks to me in very businesslike manner, calling me "Khun XXXX". These days I found myself adopting her way of expressing anger that when she gives me a long silent treatment, I myself am in silent mode by the time she's out of it and we're not talking for another two days. I just wonder rage or silence, which is better?

My wife starts off by shouting and screaming - this is just a forwarning - then resorts to physical violence! I then go out and have a good time for a few hours, she usually cools down by early hours of morning.

I sometimes long for the silent treatment, could do with the peace and quiet!

How about " all of the above "

and on the same day . When I get the silent treatment , I start to leave . Then I get a mouthful , so I laugh , then she hits me and storms out in a huff ( to the bedroom ) then after an hour she gets over it ... Yeah , she's normal ...NOT .

depends if shes sober or not sober, sub the not talking bullshit is a common as ###### and really upsetting as ###### also, like what in the ###### ? other times (not sober) its violent, and she also has scars on her wrists, but they are weak scars, not serious stuff like some girls i know.

................ silence ................ "what's wrong honey?" ............... "nothing" ............... silence ................silence................"what's wrong honey?"..............."nothing"...............................silence................"honey what's wrong?"..............."nothing"...............silence..............HEINEKEN! :o

Edited by Rags

The silent treatment all the way - sometimes I never even figure out what pi22ed her off in the first place. I have tried to explain to her that there is no way I can even attempt to correct the problem if she won’t let me know what the problem is. Seems she is more afraid of confrontation than she is concerned with fixing the problem.

How about " all of the above "

and on the same day . When I get the silent treatment , I start to leave . Then I get a mouthful , so I laugh , then she hits me and storms out in a huff ( to the bedroom ) then after an hour she gets over it ...  Yeah , she's normal ...NOT .

Jeff you took the word out of my mouth, I was just going to write something very simular. When we first were living together we used to have some major argments, as we are both very wilful stuborn people. Pretty much all in the past now I'm happy to say

Definitely the silent treatment... Sometimes the only way I know I've done something 'wrong' is when I notice that she's not said anything to me for a few hours!!!

(Then I normally make the mistake of trying to find out what it was that I said (or that she thought I'd meant) and the peace is broken!!!)

If she gives you the Silent treatment, you are on to a winner IMHO.

Cheers

TP

In my experience, the silent treatment is good at the time, but beware, the time comes when all that bottling up of anger explodes and for some trivial matter, all the past reasons for getting in a huff come to the surface. Thai women NEVER forget. It's far better for me to get to the reason of the argument, what I did wrong(usually me). With the silent treatment, the time comes when it is a couple of weeks at the mothers, which sometimes feel good, but ulimately divorce or worse may happen.

My TW rarely gets angry with me as I'm not really a typical farang :D in that I don't smoke or drink or go out with the boys or do anything that usually pisses off women. But when *I* get angry or pissed off with something or to her at least, be upset with her, she just shuts off, blocks her ears and hums. No confrontation, nothing. She may get upset with me on this count and shed a tear, but there's never any argument, as the anger is not directed at her. This first happened in BKK when I couldn't understand that you can't just flag down *any* taxi and tell them to take you somewhere. I was sick of standing in the heat and was tired of the constant empty taxi's going past ignoring us and she was trying her best to explain that certain taxi's have *routes*, (in broken english, me not understanding at all) being the farang my voice was becoming louder at my exasperation of the situation. She thought I was angry at her for not getting a taxi, and she was upset with me for the rest of the day. Silent tears "teerak upset with me" - From then on I've tried to hold my temper and stay calm mai pen rai style :o , it certainly makes homelife peaceful :D We get on like a house-on-fire.

The silent treament. Usually when I've made a decision she didn't like.

I let it go on for two days, firstly, because I enjoy the peace and quiet, and secondly because she loves being a martyr.

On the third day I tell her that if it continues, I am going to get seriously angry. By this time her sense of martyrdom has been fulfilled, so she usually snaps out of it.

................ silence ................ "what's wrong honey?" ............... "nothing" ............... silence ................silence................"what's wrong honey?"..............."nothing"...............................silence................"honey what's wrong?"..............."nothing"...............silence..............HEINEKEN! :o

Very much the same...... :D

Except you can substitute the HEINEKEN with CHANG!!!! :D

Used to be the silent treatment...did not work though because I can be just as stubborn, now if she's really mad I just duck and move to avoid flying remotes and phones (which are all broke btw).

It never gets physical though....I leave that to the farang women...Danger danger!!

I used to wonder when I was a boy, why every now and then when my Thai mom had a fight with my American father why she would resort to throwing things--telephones, vases, books, whatever she could grasp in her rage...nowthat I have my own Thai gal living with me, I understand fully. The first three months was sweet as could be...all my work shirts ironed and folded nicely, even coffee or ovaltene in the morning. The next six months, I got to experience every side of her, including the throwing temper tantrums.

I wasn't so keen on having to wear long sleeve shirts to work to cover up her nail marks, scratches, and scars on my arms. (I had to grasp her into a submission before she would break something expensive---which usually ended in her crying herself to sleep and a silent treatment for days to a week)

Since her brother came to move in with us a few months ago, the violence seems to have vanished. I'm not sure if this is the only reason, but I imagine it also has to do with our sex life going down a lot---as far as frequency. We used to fight much more when I was getting it on a daily basis...Perhaps just a cooincidence.

Well anyway, I voiced to her several times that it wouldn't work if she couldn't have self control and be mature, it seems to have had some effect. Violence/tempers aren't healthy...On that note, my mom died about 9 years ago from a brain hemorage(spelling?) directly related to high blood pressure, which is directly related to anger/tempers.

The habbit of suppressing emotions deep down is probably one of the factors why the average age in Thailand is so low...atleast in comparison to western countries. :o:D:D:D