Where To Stay In Chiang Mai?

Maenromo

Hello I want to visit Chiang Mai and stay there around a week, I want to experience something different from Bangkok, in another post I read something about special promotions going on in Hotels, Could anyone recommend me one, I cant spend much on the hotel as I want to take many tours and visit many places there, thanks a lot. also it would be great if you could tell me how the weather has been, lots of rain? hot, cold thx

Depends on what you want to do.

The backpacker areas is around the ratchadamnoen and ratchwithi areas, along moonmueng road down to the sripoom curve. Guest house rooms are about 400-600 baht for air conditioning. You'll be able to find internet cafes and rental bikes easily in this area.

The bigger hotels are around the night bazarre area.

Check out the IMM hotel in the centre of town. I stayed there in mid november and it was B999 per night. May be cheaper if you book on-line and it's a few months old now so price may have dropped. Excellent location - centre of town, walking distance to most places on tourist routes in town. Many tour operators/agents close by. 24hr Mc'D's if you wanna eat crap lol. Many bars around for nightlife/lowlife lol.

Other than that, come to the bus station/train station/airport, jump in a cab/tuk-tuk and get them to take you somewhere. If you don't like it there will be plenty more around

I also recommend the IMM hotel (Thapae) (895B a night if you book online.), its in a great location, and the price matches the standard of the rooms nicely. It's a shame that McD's is downstairs instead of a nice thai restaurant, but there are plenty of them around. (3-4 within 200 meters.)

Special rate of Imm Thaphae Hotel, Thailand | hotel budget | hotel in Bangkok

Edited by sudo

If you dont mind being a little bit out of the city center, you might like Imm Eco Chiang Mai. Its the sister hotel to Imm Thapae. It has more space then Thapae. Green yards, swimming pool, free internet ( if youre on a package) And if you dont mind possibly sharing a room, the Imm eco is super cheap. They have private rooms and dorm style rooms with commons bath area. I know... it sounds iffy, but trust me, its much better then it sounds. I said there for 2 weeks once and loved every min.

I have pictures if you want to see. :)

On the link below, you can also access Imm Hotel Thapae which is located right in the middle of town. Imm Eco, is father out over the Ping. its about less then 5 min ride in if no traffic though.

Imm Eco Chiang Mai Hotel - Hostels Chiang mai - Chiang mai Hotels

Imm is ok but no pool .Weather is still very hot ,around 37c by day ,but now with some rain most days for an hour or so ,but mostly at night .

Imm Eco Chiangmai on Bumrungrad rd (near the British consulate) is the one with the pool and lush green grounds.... Not Imm Thapae in town across from Thapae gate.

The last few times in CM we stayed at the Chiang Mai Gate and highly recommend it. It was B800 the last time we stayed. Has a pool and decent breakfast. www.chiangmaigatehotel.com for details.

Go to Agoda web site and look for specials.....all depends on how much you want to spend....The Chedi is now $103....normally over $300. Raming Lodge is good location and very nice.

The Chedi is my favorite hotel in CM. Staff is excellent. Good recommendation.

Are those Agoda web prices really that low? I was just there this past weekend and I think the bill came to much much more than what is quoted above. Either way, the best place to stay in CM - the **cough** "other" resort in Mae Rim is just too far away from the city centre to have any fun (unless you're a family).

post-68285-014742100 1277377893_thumb.jp

Right on the river, beautiful skies....

CM is a great city - enjoy it!!!

Grace Hotel, soi 8 Propakloa Rd Inner City has cool air con, Cable TV with heaps of channels, huge bed all for 350bt or 2200bt pw. Off season rate if you ask for it- otherwise u charged 500bt. Wifi and car park also. Sort of between a GH and hotel... May try to sell you treks, etc. Yet they give good discounts. No i do not own it or have any interest in it. Food is no good however- lots of good restuarants down the road.

For a good treat IMM Hotel on Thapae Gate is good for under 1000bt pd with a great breaky. Many bargains around in CMai now, as it is hard for them to make a bt right now.

Chok Dee.

Their is a lot of choice in and around Chiang Mai,

if you want cheap and comfort at the same time, check out all the condo's and typical Thai accommodations as well.

Price's vary, but mostly around 300-500 a night for a comfortable airco room. Weekly price mostly (pay 5 night = stay 7 nights).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys I have been one week in Chiang mai so far, and I loved it, the refreshing weather, the people very friendly and the tours, finally ride an elephant jeje, just wanted to say thank you, I have only been in 3 places so far, bangkok, ayathuya and Chiang mai and Chiang mai has been my favorite

post-19457-047747600 1278735150_thumb.jp

The Prince Khum Phaya Resort and Spa is a beautiful place to stay. It is behind Carrefour near the super highway. It probably has the most amazing pool in Chiang Mai. You have to see it to believe it! The food in their restaurant is excellent and their spa is very exotic!

Check out their website for more information.

http://www.princekhumphayaresortandspa.com/

Edited by richard10365

Thanks a lot guys I have been one week in Chiang mai so far, and I loved it, the refreshing weather, the people very friendly and the tours, finally ride an elephant jeje, just wanted to say thank you, I have only been in 3 places so far, bangkok, ayathuya and Chiang mai and Chiang mai has been my favorite

Where did you end up staying? smile.gif