Real Shiny Helmet

Wossnext

Thought that'd get you lookin' ya dirty buggers! anyway now that I have your attention, I have done my research on all the safety aspects Snell Dot etc etc and I know exactly what I want. Which is a REAL brand helmet, it is called the Stealth and is in my current budget and looks pretty dam_n smart for the money. I do not want a Shoei I do not want an Arai I cannot afford a decent HJC and dont like Index, so please please can somebody help me find a store that has a decent selection of REAL helmets nearish to where I live (Fortune Town Mall) Soi Sam Ratchadapisek Road PS: Paddock do not have them, went there last night. Need one by end next week. I would really appreciate some suggestions guys and gals....Thanx.

The address looks weird but it works, I think.

Hi, yep that link works fine thanks. They do have the REAL model I want but it is a long way from where I live. I might try Khlong Tom first. Thanks again.

Real Helmet Dealers

Maybe just maybe you can recognize your post codeermm.gif

This from the "other" Real helmet thread.

Just called them, spoke to a lass named Vaneeda or similar.

Will respond in 24 hrs, she speaks good English.

Price is 1800 +200bt for EMS

02 728-1399

She should be able to tell you where your nearest dealer is.

Edited by VocalNeal

To the OP, REAL brand helmets are good quality and great value BUT- have you tried one on yet? I ask because they are definitely designed for the ROUND Asian head and if you have a more "oval" shaped head you may find the REAL Brand helmet quite uncomfortable. If you live on Ratchadapisek there are a ton of little bike shops down Soi Natong many of which carry REAL brand helmets. I'm sure you can find the Stealth model in your size down there.

Ride ON!

Tony

The address looks weird but it works, I think.

Hi, yep that link works fine thanks. They do have the REAL model I want but it is a long way from where I live. I might try Khlong Tom first. Thanks again.

By the way he can ship. If you're around BKK maybe just send a courier. I ordered some items for my bike in Khon Kaen and they were here in two days.

Stealth... that sounds a bit like the matte black one, and I'd not recommend it.

I had a matte black Kawasaki branded Real helmet (but clearly they also make it without the Kawa branding). It looked awesome. For a month. Then the matte black material started coming off in places - a bit like going bald - revealing shiny black stuff underneath. 3 months on it looked like trash. It still worked, mind you, just the looks were shot. That matte black stuff they use gets rubbery and wears off in large patches... ew.

I then went and got a matte black Arai. Lo and behold, it doesn't suffer this problem. Tough for the price I could have gotten 10 Real ones :P

The other problem with the Real was that my nose would touch the glass. Long farang nose...

Stealth... that sounds a bit like the matte black one, and I'd not recommend it.

The other problem with the Real was that my nose would touch the glass. Long farang nose...

"Stealth" is a product line from real helmets there are white, black, black matte and grey matte, offered on their website.

i do have a farang nose too but have no problems with the shape of their helmet....i find it a very good product for a very decent pricing.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

"Stealth" is a product line from real helmets there are white, black, black matte and grey matte, offered on their website.

i do have a farang nose too but have no problems with the shape of their helmet....i find it a very good product for a very decent pricing.

That can only mean one thing: My long farang nose is longer than your farang nose!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, avoid matte black and you should be fine. I even tried to return my helmet for this manufacturing flaw but TIT and that request was met with a "yes. you are a crazy farang."-smile.

I got the matte black full face one about a month ago from Ladprao 136, the shop is on the corner as you turn left into the soi from Ladprao Road heading away from The Mall Bangkapi. Pretty sure it was 1500 baht although it might have been 1400.

I'm quite happy with it so far, I use it for short trips around Bangkok as my Shoei was getting scratched with the usual day to day 7-11 queues etc. The only fault with the Real one is that the visor seems to scratch more easily than other helmets I've owned. It feels much better than the other cheap alternatives like Index etc.

Here are some dealers, including the one I used.

1) Scootex (Lat Phrao – Wang Hin) Tel. # 0-2942-2093

2) 118 Bike (Lat Phrao soi. 23) Tel. # 0-2938-9618

3) Chai Sawat ((Lat Phrao soi. 136) Tel. # 0-2377-7795

Have you considered one these? The Real Drift model. They're supposed to be available July 1. The dealer in Chantaburi will be getting them then anyway. I've got the HJC version, CLXS/Vapour. I find it great here, lots of ventilation plus a good beak to keep the sun from burning my eyeballs and nose. . I would think around 2500 to 3000 baht. If it fits I'll be getting it.

post-32399-001047900 1277451609_thumb.jp

Have you considered one these? The Real Drift model. They're supposed to be available July 1. The dealer in Chantaburi will be getting them then anyway. I've got the HJC version, CLXS/Vapour. I find it great here, lots of ventilation plus a good beak to keep the sun from burning my eyeballs and nose. . I would think around 2500 to 3000 baht. If it fits I'll be getting it.

That looks interesting.

Does it have a tinted visor?

That looks pretty cool. I like it. What about the Real Hopper MX? looks good too but no visor I suppose cos' it is for motoX use. Me and the missus are heading to Khlong Tom monday, should be able to find some there I hope, but if not will look some more around here in the soi's or Lat Phrao as suggested. By the way, what do you recommend for best ventilation and sun blocking ability "helmet wise" I am soon going to be riding to work in all seasons place every day from ratchada and want to keep my head ventilated as best I can, definitely dont want open face though, still got scars from the slide down the road with an open face in the UK many years ago. The hopper looks neat but I am goona be on a click after all so maybe cool wont quite come off so well, seriously though, are you likely to get smacked in the face by a ton of insects riding round Bangkok?

Nice! might be worth the wait, if as you say it fits ok.

To the OP, REAL brand helmets are good quality and great value BUT- have you tried one on yet? I ask because they are definitely designed for the ROUND Asian head and if you have a more "oval" shaped head you may find the REAL Brand helmet quite uncomfortable. If you live on Ratchadapisek there are a ton of little bike shops down Soi Natong many of which carry REAL brand helmets. I'm sure you can find the Stealth model in your size down there.

Ride ON!

Tony

Cheers Tony I will carry on looking around here to see what I can find.

I had a matte black Kawasaki branded Real helmet (but clearly they also make it without the Kawa branding). It looked awesome. For a month. Then the matte black material started coming off in places - a bit like going bald - revealing shiny black stuff underneath. 3 months on it looked like trash. It still worked, mind you, just the looks were shot. That matte black stuff they use gets rubbery and wears off in large patches... ew.

I then went and got a matte black Arai. Lo and behold, it doesn't suffer this problem. Tough for the price I could have gotten 10 Real ones :P

Yeh funny you should say that. Did any of you guys see that ad for the 2000 baht HJC's at Paddock. I did and shot down there on the MRT to get one, apart from the fact that they went like wildfire and only 3 XL's were left, they were matt black and were all sticky to the touch? weird I thought and asked why? the chances of getting a straight answer were slim I know! but anyway this is what I got....they have been in storage and have gone like this??? ok so this is what I reckon, possibly not for the Thai market, I'm thinking europe UK NZ or similar where they woould not have to endure tropical climates. Even funnier is what the salesman said to me.....they good helmet can just paint over! maybe he was right but somehow I suspect not. I mean the paint only. HJC helmets rock, I rate them very highly, just cant afford 8000 for one right now.

Edited by Wossnext

Ride ON!

Tony

Hi Tony, no I haven't I will be sure to try though before buying. I dont think my melon is too obscure but we'll see. Be gutted if they dont fit well, best looking helmet I have seen in this price range.

I got the matte black full face one about a month ago from Ladprao 136, the shop is on the corner as you turn left into the soi from Ladprao Road heading away from The Mall Bangkapi. Pretty sure it was 1500 baht although it might have been 1400.

I'm quite happy with it so far, I use it for short trips around Bangkok as my Shoei was getting scratched with the usual day to day 7-11 queues etc. The only fault with the Real one is that the visor seems to scratch more easily than other helmets I've owned. It feels much better than the other cheap alternatives like Index etc.

Hi, cheers for that. I would be really grateful (seeing as you own one) if you could answer the following for me: Has it got the double DD ring type chin strap (My personal favourite) or the mini car seatbelt type ugh! What do you get in the box? any spare parts, stickers, cloth helmet cover etc, can you buy lightly tinted visors for them. And finally.....does the visor pull in tight and seal well. Might seem like a moot point really seeing as how I will be piloting a new Honda Click PGM-FI ha ha ha. Still wanna look cool though.

That looks pretty cool. I like it. What about the Real Hopper MX? looks good too but no visor I suppose cos' it is for motoX use. Me and the missus are heading to Khlong Tom monday, should be able to find some there I hope, but if not will look some more around here in the soi's or Lat Phrao as suggested. By the way, what do you recommend for best ventilation and sun blocking ability "helmet wise" I am soon going to be riding to work in all seasons place every day from ratchada and want to keep my head ventilated as best I can, definitely dont want open face though, still got scars from the slide down the road with an open face in the UK many years ago. The hopper looks neat but I am goona be on a click after all so maybe cool wont quite come off so well, seriously though, are you likely to get smacked in the face by a ton of insects riding round Bangkok?

I think this style of helmet [dual sport] is best for here, IMO. I've got a motocross helmet too, but when I ride on the street with goggles it cuts the peripheral vision way down. As we all know riding here one has to keep an eye out in all directions. I can't do it, too worried about getting nailed.

My friend picked up HJC Vapour at Paddock's a couple of years ago. I think about 6500 baht. It didn't have the double D loops for fastening the chin strap. It was the snap job.

I believe me the lady at the helmet shop said the Drift will have the double D loops. I hope so.

Ride ON!

Tony

Went into a dealer today near home, doesn't have the stealth but tried on the Hopper MotoX in size (L) and fitted great so( L) is what I will be buying when I find a stealth. I went over it with a fine toothcomb looking at build quality, feels pretty solid to me, has a good heft to it, by that I mean it does not feel cheapy cheapy, and it has DD ring chin fasteners....Nice! padding was very good (not quite HJC good) but for around 2000 baht a great deal in my opinion. Looks and feels much more expensive than it is.

Hi, cheers for that. I would be really grateful (seeing as you own one) if you could answer the following for me: Has it got the double DD ring type chin strap (My personal favourite) or the mini car seatbelt type ugh! What do you get in the box? any spare parts, stickers, cloth helmet cover etc, can you buy lightly tinted visors for them. And finally.....does the visor pull in tight and seal well. Might seem like a moot point really seeing as how I will be piloting a new Honda Click PGM-FI ha ha ha. Still wanna look cool though.

It's got the seatbelt type unfortunately, I prefer the D ring as well.

Mine came in a nice enough helmet bag, the type of sports bag that you can sling over one shoulder, but the woman in the shop knew I was on a bike as I pulled up outside so maybe there was a box that she didn't bother offering me as I obviously couldn't carry it?

Not sure if you can buy visors, I guess so. I'll need a new one soon as I've lent it to a pillion a few times and they butted the back of my helmet when I braked hard and it scratched quite bad, luckily on the edges of the visor so I can still wear it.

The visor seals well and I find it comfy to wear, it's noticeably noisier than the Shoei but then I wasn't expecting the same quality for a 10th of the price. Under 100 kph it's not noticeable so on an auto it shouldn't be an issue.

Well, I finally found a crash helmet. Against what I considered to be good advice, I did go and actually get myself a REAL full face Stealth crash helmet in flat black. Now the story about the matte finish wearing off still worrys me very much, thing is I went out with the express purpose of getting one in gloss black but lo and behold when you have been tramping round Khlong Tom for nigh on 2 hours with a whingeing wife you are almost ready to buy a bloody ladybird open face helmet in pink, yeh ok maybe not but it was stinking hot and all I could find were index index index, admittedly did see some index helmets that I had not seen before and pretty smart designs too. I did not trust that they were really up to the job tho' mainly because everyman and his dog says so! you usually only get what you pay for so.........anyways I finally saw a shop with REAL helmets yay! of course all popular colours and sizes gone....jeez that pisses me off!!!! if something is selling like hotcakes, fer christ's sakes get some more stock.

So they have only 2 Stealths left in size L, white or flat black, I picked up the flat black one and slipped it on, then this grumpy old bag steps up and says 2400 baht ! I said not sure yet, she says you try on is not new now!! ha ha ha you gotta give it to em' the helmet fitted pretty nicely actually and I kid you not they look like a million dollars, no really they do! very stylish indeed, the padding was comfortable but definitely not as plush as an HJC interior, still we are talking about 1/4 of the price so fairs fair. The black looked so much cooler than the white so of course it had to be that one, I said to the lady its nice but er well I dunno maybe and that earnt me an immediate 100 baht discount! so I figured I would test her patience a bit further and said err I have a look round or could afford 2200 she scowled at me and said ok 2200 and muttered something unpleasant about farangs or so my wife said who was embarrassed by me and waited out by the door.

I am sitting looking at my REAL crash helmet now and I gotta say it is a classy looking piece of kit, looks very futuristic and seems to be pretty well made, it has a removeable innner liner which clips in by plastic pop studs, it has a nice plastic pop stud for the tail end of the chinstrap so it does not slap you about as you are approaching warp speed on your honda click! it has open close ventilation slots everywhere....front chin, side cheeks, top of head and neck and vent ports on the rear which lock open or shut. It has a removeable rubberised nose guard and cotton mesh chin guard, the chin guard just closes off that space between your neck and the helmet to keep bugs out. The helmet feels weighty and not like a construction site safety hat, it comes with a nice lightly tinted visor and mirror type reflective coating, again it looks very smart. Stand just a few feet away and the cleverly designed REAL logo looks just like an Arai or Shoei sticker. The helmet has what look to be authentic DOT and Thai safety certification logos but who knows? it is an imported helmet so maybe just maybe it has actually passed some testing sometime somewhere. I dont care really, I like it, looks awesome and it fits me very well so if the finish does end up screwed because of the hot sun I will most likely go get me another one in gloss black, we shall see. Oh! one last thing....the visor ratchet feels decent enough, it ratchets pretty firmly but only closes and does not pull in tight like the HJC does, haven't tried removing it yet. I am about to buy a little honda click PGM-FI so should be fine, can't say the same if I was still riding my GSXR1000 tho'

Edited by Wossnext

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanting to add my thoughts on the REAL helmets

I bought a matt black motocross one about 8 months back and went out a few times when its absolutely throwing it down ,the one day i was about to go out in a great storm and the helmet was sticky as hel_l , anyway i went back to the dealer to see what he thought and he said you must have gone under one of those trees that have sticky leaves and definately not a fault with the helmet ,which i just smiled and thought TIT......

No chance of a replacement and the helmet looks bloody awful now

Oh well you do get what you pay for