Cheerful Charlies F&C Is For Sale!

ginnyten

I went to charlies and walked out due to old tw4t on another table telling me "I couldn't sit there as Bob was due and he always sits there". All the other tables were taken. I know it wasn't Charlie that said it but he heard it and never said anything about it but he did shrug his shoulders. Ive been to Piggy's twice and enjoyed the food but Ive not been in a while so no idea if its still has good. Ive been to the chilli belle once and thought it was terrible, thats about it on MY experiences on F&C in Chiang Mai others obviously have other opionions and it would be a very boring world if people always thought the same.

i agree

cahrlies is a bit of a clique; this thread is about his friends giving him a leg up. views on similar establishments are apparently not welcome

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pun pun fish and chips red Lion and Un Irish pub are just as good if not better

Another confused member

I dont think so as i said PUN PUN,RED LION, UN IRISH PUB all serve very good Fish and Chips better than Charlies in my opinion.

Another confused member

I dont think so as i said PUN PUN,RED LION, UN IRISH PUB all serve very good Fish and Chips better than Charlies in my opinion.

Seems perfectly clear to me.....

But please forgive Farfel ..... he is getting old now...... and a mind is a terrible thing to waste.....

:D

This advertising stunt is becoming like a pantomime

The effect though may not be as intended by Charlie's PR boys.

Piggys - although some posters are claimimg it is closed or does not exist - seems to be doing rather well in terms of getting new customers. Quite active whenever I drive past

Pratties at Rimping seems to attract both Thai and Farang so obviously he ain't doing badly either.

You don't have to be sheep and follow the TV clique. Try these places

Another confused member

would "farly45" be Charlie born in 1945?

wondering where you are going with all the flaming? :P

Another confused member

No Flaming going off here,this is my personal opinion .we are all allowed opinions.

Another confused member

No Flaming going off here,this is my personal opinion .we are all allowed opinions.

wasnt referring to you unless you are also farly45?

i agree While i appreciate he wants to get rid of his business if we allow these kinds of things to run the forums will just end up being another version of the classifieds.

very effective way to market, but you also get the naysayers, which could derail potential buyers

i agree While i appreciate he wants to get rid of his business if we allow these kinds of things to run the forums will just end up being another version of the classifieds.

very effective way to market, but you also get the naysayers, which could derail potential buyers

I think he was reffering to another topic that got shut down using the exact phrase. Where as this topic is still going strong.

Edited by thaimiller

dont really know what the fuss is about personally

its only Fish n chips :lol:

Crikey, it's like the Cod wars all over again, all of this is giving me a bleeding Haddock....

Sheesh, what I would do for a nice piece of lightly battered Grimsby Haddock right now, with mushy peas, scraps, salt and of course, has to be a drop of sarsons, (other brands are available), malt vinegar from Steeles chippy in Cleethorpes, bread and butter on the side and a good Northern brew to wash it all down with...bloody lush man!!!

I'm with the others.... I'm betting the shutdown sequence is already initiated,... it's just that one of the mod's just has to take some time n log on - probably off living their daytime lives still. And UG's at dinner somewhere fun.

For a thread about the end of an era, it's high time for the end of this lengthy thing !

I've purposely avoided this thread as I have nothing nice to say, and you know what my mum said you should do when you have nothing nice to say.....

....but should I decide to open my mouth, perhaps the closing would hurry along rather more quickly.

And UG's at dinner somewhere fun.

I was on my way to check out Pratties - as I keep hearing good things - but it seems to be closed on Mondays.

It's usual in the uk for chippies to close on mondays. that may be the reason here, but i don't know.

And UG's at dinner somewhere fun.

I was on my way to check out Pratties - as I keep hearing good things - but it seems to be closed on Mondays.

It's usual in the uk for chippies to close on mondays. that may be the reason here, but i don't know.

One reason Pratties is closed on Mondays is there is a Thai market in the parking lot of MC Plaza every Monday. At noon today there was hardly any place to park. So for customers to vista Pratties it is hit and miss on that day and he does need a day off. The restaurant does not rely on tourist for its customers It is supported by the local expat and Thai community in that area .

I wouldn't shoot this thread between the eyes for being an advert thread, as all the fish n chips shops seem to have been given fairly equal voice/ coverage. That's been good. Makes me crave some actually. And when you hear an Englishman wax nostalgic over proper Fish n Chips back home and the sauces and weather and the ale that washes it down, it all seems to make even more sense. But at this point, the topic's more than exhausted.... for at least the next 3(?), 6 (?) months.