Where To Get Wholemeal / Whole Wheat Flour?

StrongView

I've been in search of this for a while. Closest I've found is at Villa, called "Whole Wheat Powder...but this is a stone ground sort. I grind it further in my coffee grinder, but doesn't get soft enough to really use in a bread recipe or anything of that sort. Anyone know where to get such a supply? Thanks a lot.

I've been in search of this for a while.  Closest I've found is at Villa, called "Whole Wheat Powder...but this is a stone ground sort.  I grind it further in my coffee grinder, but doesn't get soft enough to really use in a bread recipe or anything of that sort.  Anyone know where to get such a supply?  Thanks a lot.

We've used the whole wheat stuff they sell in Villa in our bread maker and it worked fine. It comes in a brown paper packet and I can't remember exactly how it is described on the packet (don't have any at the moment to check...)

• 4 years later...

Assuming you are in Bangkok,you might have a look in "little India" (Pahurad)close to Yaowarat,there are many groceries selling Indian food,they have a half refined wholewheat flour,about 20 B. a KG. which you can mix with others.I bought once wholewheat from Australia,quite expensive and very thick.After mixing it with the Indian one,and some white flour,the result was ok.