Good Second Hand Book Store?

thaibeachlovers

Can anyone tell me where I can find a decent second hand book store selling English titles, please?

Most of the places I've found are mainly Thai books, and don't have much in the way of English titles.

I'm specifically after the Dune books, if anyone has seen them for sale.

If not in a second hand store, anyone seen them for sale, new, and where?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a decent second hand book store selling English titles, please?

Most of the places I've found are mainly Thai books, and don't have much in the way of English titles.

I'm specifically after the Dune books, if anyone has seen them for sale.

If not in a second hand store, anyone seen them for sale, new, and where?

Thanks.

Try Canterbury Tales in Soi Chaiyapoon(off Soi Buakhow). (Spelling may not be correct.):o

He has several thousand second hand books in English at very good prices. Address and phone number ,location etc, will be in the hotel section of this forum if you need directions etc.

Hope this helps.

Soi Beaucow on left hand side bout 200 m towards South rd has a big one.

Went there today. Called Pattaya Beach Books. Thanks for that.

Really excellent selection in good condition.

No cash refunds, but 50% of cost off next book borrowed.

Unfortunately no Dune books. I'll try Tops next.

take a trip into ban phe about 1 hour from pattaya. Ban Phe is opposite koh samet island. Blue sky books in Ban phe has over 10,000 books. Why dont you call Jim the owner and he can tell you what he has. Jim's number is 0817611388

rgds Mark Bedrock Guesthouse p.s. good luck

take a trip into ban phe about 1 hour from pattaya. Ban Phe is opposite koh samet island. Blue sky books in Ban phe has over 10,000 books. Why dont you call Jim the owner and he can tell you what he has. Jim's number is 0817611388

rgds Mark Bedrock Guesthouse p.s. good luck

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I use Tops book shop but I still find 75% of what I am looking for in Canterbury Tales Bookshop and they normally offer me a better trade in on any books I take there for trade that are not from there.

I just found Caught & Play dead by Harlan Coben, The big Burn by Timothy Egan, & Stieg Larrson's 3 books the Girl who played with fire and the girl with the dragon Tattoo, The girl who kicked the Hornets nest.

There is a good 2nd hand bookshop on Chaiyapreuk Road in Jomtien. ALL books are 100 baht,very good value and a decent selection. I have been using it for quite a while now. Just look for the guesthouse

named "Cheena Guesthouse" and it right beside that.

There is a good 2nd hand bookshop on Chaiyapreuk Road in Jomtien. ALL books are 100 baht,very good value and a decent selection. I have been using it for quite a while now. Just look for the guesthouse

Where is Chalyapreuk Road?

Not worth a special trip. Small selection and not much of interest in my view.

Thais for Life bookshop in soi yensabi, thousands of books, 80 baht per book with a 40 baht discount when you return and exchange for another book, all proceeds go to the charity.

This is so funny since it hasn't been there anymore for at least one year..... If anyone knows where it went let me know.

Thais for Life bookshop in soi yensabi, thousands of books, 80 baht per book with a 40 baht discount when you return and exchange for another book, all proceeds go to the charity.

This is so funny since it hasn't been there anymore for at least one year..... If anyone knows where it went let me know.

It's still there!

I was in it and bought a book yesterday.

It's still there!

I was in it and bought a book yesterday.

Confirmed. Still operating. 100 percent.

post-37101-016514200 1279524075_thumb.jpThais4Life

Charity Centre - Books - CDs, DVDs

"The Best Bookshop in Pattaya"

504/519 Soi Yensabai Condotel Moo 10 (Off Soi VC)

Pattaya.

Tel/Fax: +66 38 411359

Edited by Jingthing

And if you live in Jomtien and find Soi Yensabi too far to travel Thais for Life have a small library in the Bondi Cafe on Dongtan Beach just across from the police sub station, same deal, buy one for 80 baht then when you exchange it you pay 40 baht for the next one and we update the stock regularly . I should also add the hours of opening of our main shop is 12:00 pm until 6pm Monday to Saturday.

Edited by JohnC

• 3 months later...