Teachers Reqd

Our company is expanding its training wing and we are looking for a couple of teachers to do drugs and alcohol awareness training in schools and businesses. We will train the right people to deliver quality training.

You need to be an experienced teacher and able to work with different kinds of students in small groups from school children to managing directors of large companies.

The ability to motivate and make classes interesting and interactive is crucial. As is your ability to improvise rather than read from a script.

We pay excellent wages and all staff get work permits.

A degree is not essential but we will thoroughly check qualifications and references so a Khao San Road degree will not pass muster!!!!

You need to be a native English speaker or a Thai national with excellent English skills.

In the first instance post your resume to me here

By the sounds of your advert for teachers to 'improvise' you don't have a curriculum. Hardly a professional outfit.

A degree is not essential? You want teachers to improvise? How would you do that with teachers who are not experienced?

I wish your company well but I think they need to recruit someone (management wise) who actually knows what they are looking for.

By the sounds of your advert for teachers to 'improvise' you don't have a curriculum. Hardly a professional outfit.

A degree is not essential? You want teachers to improvise? How would you do that with teachers who are not experienced?

I wish your company well but I think they need to recruit someone (management wise) who actually knows what they are looking for.

Such a nice response.

By improvise I mean that in this type of training questions get asked that might move away from the current subject but be worth exploring (such as a persons personal experience) so the trainer needs to be flexible enough to deal with that situation and then get back on track without having to refer to notes. That is why we pay a higher salary to attract the kind of person who can improvise.

A degree is not essential. THere are excellent trainers who have good experience in training but no degree. If you are good then qualifications take second place to ability and experience.

We do know what we are doing which is why we offer a comprehensive training package to new staff. Our client base keeps growing which is why we are recruiting. As the manager who does know what he is looking for I base our ability on the fact that we need to expand.

Where will the job be located? Is it a full-year contract with the possibility of renewal, or will it be time limited?

Our head office is based in Pattaya and the majority of our work will be in Bangkok and the Eastern Seaboard. However we do training wherever our services are needed. We have, most recently, supplied training in Brunei and the Phillippines as well as all parts of Thailand. We would expect

We are offering a permanent position not one year contracts so you don't need to renew each year, we will be here for a very long time.

Thanks for the explanation. It's nice to know that there are employers who offer training that meets the needs of the students. Better than trying to put a round peg in a square hole.

sgunn65

One can only presume that you are yourself a trained professional counsellor in the profession that you are involved with, your team has a varied range of both counselling and management techniques too ?

As a person who has actually been trained to deal with the problems and the victims of the problems you and your company deal with is it possible you could outline briefly your personal philosophy of how you and your company deal with the clients that you have ?

Professional bodies and organisations your company may be affiliated to,any government or state accreditation medical and mental health bodies accreditations ?

What treatment courses what diagnosis style you use how you identify the victims of the drug and alcohol abuse ?

If it is of interest I no doubt like others would be inclined to apply however as my current salary level is some 85,000 baht a month nett plus benefits I feel I like other qualified individuals we are out of your reach.,

However I am indeed a trifle concerned that the offer of a position in which one has contact with social casualties who are in a weakened defence state due to their addictions is thus making them vulnerable to both financial and physical exploitation by untrained unqualified individuals.

This is indeed tantamount to offering boundless opportunities to unethical people and organisations to exploit and further their own ends rather than their patients and their clients ends..

Expressions like ''Snake Oil and Quackery spring to mind.

Edited by siampolee

What treatment courses what diagnosis style you use how you identify the victims of the drug and alcohol abuse ?

If it is of interest I no doubt like others would be inclined to apply however as my current salary level is some 85,000 baht a month nett plus benefits I feel I like other qualified individuals we are out of your reach.,

However I am indeed a trifle concerned that the offer of a position in which one has contact with social casualties who are in a weakened defence state due to their addictions is thus making them vulnerable to both financial and physical exploitation by untrained unqualified individuals.

This is indeed tantamount to offering boundless opportunities to unethical people and organisations to exploit and further their own ends rather than their patients and their clients ends..

Expressions like ''Snake Oil and Quackery spring to mind.

He is talking about awareness training for schools and businesses, not about therapy for victims. It is a program aimed at preventing addictions, not treating them. If I understand correctly.

I will close this thread. If anyone is interested in the position, they can PM their resume to the OP, as requested. This thread is a job opening. It's not a discussion thread, and further questioning and flaming will only earn people a suspension of posting ability for a time.

The same people who wish to be so critical don't seem to be able to read AND comprehend the original post. To me that smells of trolling.