Do You Only Post Here?

twofortheroad

I've noticed that quite a few posters open topics in the Chiang Mai forum that obviously belong elsewhere because they are not relevant to Chiang Mai. I can well understand that people become familiar with their co-posters and develop a sense of commaraderie but if you haven't had a peek at General Topics I think you should. Why? I hear you say.

Because .... there are even more nutters on that particular forum than there are here. Honestly, I'm not joking!!

That forum is brilliant. There are people writing in about blatantly obvious Scams and asking for advice (the whole village fell for it, it appears), guys talking about the Estranged Wife, who should quite obviously by now have become a Strangled Wife (almost an anagram) , How Do You Deal With Lonely Nights ( :whistling:) , Foodcourt Giving Out The Wrong Change (another of those 'my friend' stories about an obviously brain-dead clown) and Thai Mother-In-Law Buying a Room (will she be scammed - hopefully YES).

I can't recommend this forum enough. If you want an insight into  how or why so many Farangs come unstuck in Thailand, a quick look at page one of this forum on any given day will answer it all. No need to ever look at page two - there are always enough examples in the top 10 posts. This could be used for a thesis for aspiring Social Studies students out there. It is like a cross between an Agony Aunts page and a Lonely Hearts Club, held at an Ugly Bugs Ball , no doubt.

The other amazing fact about this forum is ..... most of the posters appear to be over the age of 15.  :o

• Like 1

We were all newbies at some point in the game. I only post if there is something interesting, otherwise I don't need to know where to buy a hamburger or pizza. I check about 5 or 6 of the various forums to see what is happening, otherwise I spend most of my time in Bedlam... where the real nutters go to play. As Waylon Jennings used to say... I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"

Did you mean most of the poster appear to over the age of 65?

:jap:

What I meant was that they ask questions that anyone over the age of 15 should  have commonsense enough  to answer,  yet they obviously aren't teenagers.

It still amazes me that Grown Men, can be asking for advice for  such blatantly obvious problems . Do you think she loves me?, being the most common. :rolleyes:

Did you mean most of the poster appear to over the age of 65?

:jap:

What I meant was that they ask questions that anyone over the age of 15 should have commonsense enough to answer, yet they obviously aren't teenagers.

It still amazes me that Grown Men, can be asking for advice for such blatantly obvious problems . Do you think she loves me?, being the most common. :rolleyes:

Well we all ask question maybe we want to reassured we are thinking right.

Or maybe we just ask for the sake of it.

But then that is me.

:D

Well we all ask question maybe we want to reassured we are thinking right.

Or maybe we just ask for the sake of it.

But then that is me.

:D

As my Mother says  "The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same".  

Of course, she was absolutely  right. Who would we have to laugh at without these insecure, indecisive clowns.

Personally though, if I was like that, I'd keep it to myself. :whistling:

General- nutters and noobs

Bedlam- somewhat literate nutters (no noobs)

Chiang Mai subforum- finest people on the face of Earth.....;)

so what do you call people who post in all 3? :D

finest pe-nuts on earth?

As my Mother always says, 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.

Therefore don't post often.

Best Regards,

Kev

:whistling:

Your Mother was quite right, but that was the olden days, before the Internet.

I don't really consider light-hearted taking the piss out of anonymous people as being quite the same as being rude or disrespectful about someone that everyone knows. Even the Mods are at it!! It's just light-hearted banter, which is something that is missing here sometimes - too many people taking everything too seriously.

Nobody wants to listen to sob-stories all the time, and personally, I don't want to listen to them at all. After all these years, and all the stories, I find it too difficult keeping a straight face. :rolleyes:

Edited by twofortheroad

Nobody wants to listen to sob-stories all the time, and personally, I don't want to listen to them at all. After all these years, and all the stories, I find it too difficult keeping a straight face. :rolleyes:

solution-----> :ph34r: