Favorite / Best Music Video

Totster

I would like to add..

"Smack my bitch up" - The prodigy

Fantastic video..  :D

totster

Agreed. I can relate! (Apart from the bit and the end about being a bird.)

I remember watching that with an ex back in the UK. I asked her mate if she understood the video, explaining who it was really was going headonistic. Her mate's reply - "It can't be her. She's not holding a video camera!"

Bless.

Fat Boy Slim-Weapon of choice (Christopher Walkin rockin to pure genius)

I agree.... very good video.. :o

totster :D

Again, another quality flick & tune.

"Window Licker" - Aphex Twin

Yes. Superb!

Did I mention my ex before? :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking of simple videos that for some reason you just can't turn away from, such as Christopher Walken in "Weapon of Choice", I am surpised that no one has mentioned the New Order one with the two guys in padded costumes slapping each other in the face - was it Blue Monday?

Silly but it sure made me smile! :o

Keeping the padded suit theme going, what about the Talking Heads video from the Stop Making Sense tour - classic!

Rags

I'd agree almost anything after WAR, was mostly pop crap.

Agree with this as well.

Anyways, here's a few that come to mind:

Kate Bush- running up the hill (the amazing rainmaking thingy with Donald Sutherland)

love her.

Only rap video I ever liked- Will smith, parents just don't understand.

Basically, Imho, rap is dumbing down music/cultures and music videos, period. :o

:D

But actually, not all of them are dumbing down, if you understand.  Just because they don't speak to your cultural context, does not mean it's dumbing down.  Not all rap or rap videos are about big cars and ho's.  Although, I will agree, that much of it is crap.  But that doesn't stop me from recognizing when something is good, whether it is related to my cultural experience or not, IMHO.  If that were the case, I would say that all rock sucks, but thank goodness I had an open mind as a teenager  :D

Edited by kat

That 'Heart' video - can't remember the name of it but where this chick picks up a hitchhiker and has a one-night stand/fling...

"All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You" - Heart

My choice

Stay - Shakespear Sister

** Does movie soundtrack counts? Anyway

Tonight (Is what it means to be young) - Street Of Fire

Explorer :o

Thinking of simple videos that for some reason you just can't turn away from, such as Christopher Walken in "Weapon of Choice", I am surpised that no one has mentioned the New Order one with the two guys in padded costumes slapping each other in the face - was it Blue Monday?

Silly but it sure made me smile! :o

Keeping the padded suit theme going, what about the Talking Heads video from the Stop Making Sense tour - classic!

Rags

New Order - true faith?

The one where two funny looking things are slapping each other.

Thanks Neeranam - that's the one I was thinking of :D

Robbie Williams live at Knebworth is my current favourite - the crowd reaction is absolutely brilliant. The "black lady" who sings back up, makes me shiver when she sings - what a voice.

That song ( "Revolution" ) called happens to be my favorite ( and I suspect many others ) on that album.. along with "Me and My Monkey" and "Feel"..

totster :o

i for one love the concert dvd's, like tina turner live in amsterdam, u2 pop, led zeppelin the song remains the same, red hot chilli peppers at sloane castle etc :D

For concert DVDs - Pretty much anything by Prince or O-+-> :D

Especially the Sign 'O' the Times Concert - One of the publicity quotes stated "Makes Michael Jackson look nailed to the floor"....now there is a thought...!

For the 'sexy girly' music videos mentioned above, you would have to go a long way to beat "Is this Love" by Whitesnake :o

Rags