Uk Passport Enquiry

Here goes...I'm English in BKK, got a non-imm type 'o' visa based on marriage, and a work permit; both valid until April 2011. I resigned from my job in BKK and have taken a job in Phnom Penh. I want to visit soon to secure a condo (and a shipping address)...

Question 1: When my BKK school cancels the WP, can I still keep the visa if I get a multiple re-entry permit? I'll be visiting every month or 2 to see the missus etc. NB I'll be able to show funds coming into Thailand from Cambodia every month as International Bank Transfers so in theory will still have income coming into Thailand (more than 40k) as the requirement states.

If I can't keep the visa without the WP then I won't bother with the re-entry permit because I'll move over there for the new semester on July 25th so can just come back between my initial trip and the 25th on a tourist visa.

Next issue: Only about 1 1/2 pages left in passport.

Question 2: If I apply for a new passport now can I still use the existing passport in a week or so when I go to PP for the accom search?

Question 3: Is there a 'fast track' passport service available in BKK? Better to go to the British Embassy or send direct to HK?

Question 4: Finally, is the full page Cambodian visa multiple entry or single (if it's multiple maybe I can squeeze it all on my existing passport).

I think that's it...

Thanks for reading, any info would be much appreciated!

Have you got a Visa or a 12 month Extension of Stay?

If a Visa you can carry on using it.

If an extension based on your job you have to leave the country on the day your employment ends. Or get a 7 day extension from Immigration 1,900 Baht.

EDIT.

Just read your post again and you can carry on using it as it is based on your Marriage.

As you said you will need a Multi Re Entry Permit. 3,800 Baht.

Edited by Lite Beer

Edited, as links went bonkers.

Basically what I said was that I don't think it would be any quicker applying in Bangkok as all they do is forward the application for a replacement passport directly to Hong Kong, and it would be probably just as quick to do it yourself, they certainly don't offer a fast track service.

Hong Kong say that they process in order of receipt, and whilst they will consider an urgent application this is for urgent travel such as a death in the family and not in the circumstances you describe.

Edited by theoldgit

Thanks. I went to the Embassy this morning and ordered a 48 page passport. Very quiet there, I guess not many tourists around at the moment. They said not to leave the country so guess I'm not going to Cambodia before 25th to look for accom. Never mind, I've been assured that there's plenty of condos free in PP and ther'll be a multitude of estate agents at orientation eager to take my dollars. I'll follow up on this when the passport arrives. Thanks again.