Mid Year Closing Day

chickencurry

Could it be end of the financial year as in some other countries, altho i thought Thailand was in April .

Well that's mighty strange isn't it? I just looked at the front of my diary and it says that it is a Bank Holiday but not a Government Holiday, so maybe the Banks are counting up their dosh or something. According to my diary, the only other holiday which is a Bank Holiday and not a Government Holiday is National Labour Day on May 1st. So there ya go..... I'm no wiser really :huh:

Well that's mighty strange isn't it? I just looked at the front of my diary and it says that it is a Bank Holiday but not a Government Holiday, so maybe the Banks are counting up their dosh or something. According to my diary, the only other holiday which is a Bank Holiday and not a Government Holiday is National Labour Day on May 1st. So there ya go..... I'm no wiser really :huh:

yes you are correct..it is a bank holiday..on July 1st

Banks close July 1

Thursday, July 1 is the annual mid-year closing of all banks. This is a bank holiday and not a public holiday, so other offices and businesses will still be open. Many currency exchange booths will also be open, but all major bank branches will be closed for the day.

Chiang Mai Mall

Could it be end of the financial year as in some other countries, altho i thought Thailand was in April .

Thai Tax year runs from 1st Jan to 31st December, so tomorrow is the exact half year point.

Half year auditing etc. could explain it, but why they need to close for that goodness knows.

[Half year auditing etc. could explain it, but why they need to close for that goodness knows.quote]

Well they work mighty hard in the banks so they deserve a break from shuffling papers and looking both busy and important.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1