How Does A Farang Make Money- Isaan

Vegemite

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few aletta, just wish I was there on a more permanent basis :o

BANGKOKBUTCHER, I live in the South East corner of Kalasin close to Mukdahan, do you know of any butchers in this area that can butcher a cow Farang style? Thanks. Issangeorge.

Unfortunately I cannot speak from personal experience, but I do believe there are a few places around Issarn that could help you out...

Try doing a search for more details...

if someone set up a decent homestay/small guesthouse halfway between kk & korat, i would frequent it for a couple weeks a year as staying at the mil's is a pain in ass what with the giant mossies & no aircon & the hassle one normally gets from a mil :o

Yes I agree with that. I would like to open such a place myself, but not enough funds. There is a steady stream of both Thai and farangs that would find use for such a guest house/bar/restaurant.

Yes I agree with that. I would like to open such a place myself, but not enough funds

Maybe all the chaps in the area could band together and build a guesthouse.The companys 51 per cent Thai shareholders could be the wives/girlfriends.

Edited by aletta

Interesting points raised in this thread, but you have to consider that the majority of short-stay visitors would be Thai. Prior to getting a house built in Issan, I used to stay at the local Resort. Beautiful chalets; small by western standards, but with air-conditioning and western toilet and shower.

Speaking with Duan's German husband, Johann, he explained that occupancy is close to 100% all year round as many Thai men take their mia noi (minor wife) to the chalets for a 'short time.'

I think for a Resort to be successful you have to treat it like any other business: find your market, find out what your market wants, then supply your market.

Peter