Bus Or Truck License

I don't know if you can do that. I had both on mine too but just got issued with a car one. I do know you need a special licence for a bus ,not sure about truck size.

I would thank that being a foreigner that a buss or truck driver would be on the no job list and therefore next to impossible to get a license unless you have compiling reasons.

farang can drive vehicles with Tabien leck only, thats the small licesnce plates starting with one or two letters followed by numbers, and for these car lisence is sufficient (up to 5 ton).

most trucks/buses have large plates starting with a number, and can not legally be driven by farang

I would thank that being a foreigner that a buss or truck driver would be on the no job list and therefore next to impossible to get a license unless you have compiling reasons.

farang can drive vehicles with Tabien leck only, thats the small licesnce plates starting with one or two letters followed by numbers, and for these car lisence is sufficient (up to 5 ton).

most trucks/buses have large plates starting with a number, and can not legally be driven by farang

yes u would need a work permit which i think is very hard to obtain for a truck liscence as it is a job that a thai can do. think u r on the wrong place most of these legal questions can be easily asnwered by a lawyer free of charge. the only way round it is to buy the truck and pay a thai driver. u can sit next to him or her but u cannot drive it. i know a ew people that have had to dod the same thing.

yes u would need a work permit which i think is very hard to obtain for a truck liscence as it is a job that a thai can do. think u r on the wrong place most of these legal questions can be easily asnwered by a lawyer free of charge. the only way round it is to buy the truck and pay a thai driver. u can sit next to him or her but u cannot drive it. i know a ew people that have had to dod the same thing.

Thanks all, however I never said why I needed the license only if it was possible to get it ! just wonder if the proceeder as the car or bike test

Thanks all, however I never said why I needed the license only if it was possible to get it ! just wonder if the proceeder as the car or bike test

Its prohibited for farang to drive these vehicles, so for farang to get a thai drivers lisence for them wouldnt make logic. Or a work permit to drive them.

• 3 weeks later...

[/quot

So if I was going to buy a huge mobile home, what could I do about the license ????

[/quot

So if I was going to buy a huge mobile home, what could I do about the license ????

make sure its registerd on tabien leck :)

or hire a driver, thats what the laws are for

• 10 years later...
On 6/30/2010 at 5:58 PM, katabeachbum said:

My small car has a license plate stating with a number, not one or two letters!

On 7/1/2010 at 9:11 AM, katabeachbum said:

Its prohibited for farang to drive these vehicles, so for farang to get a thai drivers lisence for them wouldnt make logic. Or a work permit to drive them.

"Its prohibited for farang to drive these vehicles"

I'm not sure, you may be correct, but where did you get that information from? 

In the context of this thread there is a distinction between obtaining a commercial vehicle licence and driving them as an occupation.