Thai PM Abhisit Denies Fear As Assassination Plots Revealed

webfact

I guess the pics/videos I have seen show so many "men in black" with weapons that I get a bit riled when posters say the red mob was unarmed...and basically the PM murdered unarmed civilians. We know that there were armed guards. Too many pics and videos to prove it.

If I misunderstood your post, I apologize!!!! :jap:

As I have posted before, I could really get behind the reds...if they drop Thaksin and stop the violence. Otherwise, I am completely against...but mainly due to the violence.

If they drop Thaksin and stop the violence they will disband. They have no other common goal.

It is easy to say I am for democracy and do nothing about it just use it as a smoke screen to cover up ones violence tendencies. This might come as a shock to many but you can be for democracy and not be a red shirt.

The people who are really for democracy would be teaching others what democracy is not saying others are not democratic, They would be teaching that to vote for some one becouse they give you money is not democratic, They would be telling the people how they can send lertters make phone calls to there representive and if he dosent listen not vote for him. Believe me if enough of his constinuancy tells him to stop doing what he is doing he will listen. That is democracy in action.

One should always remember though it is wrong that the most important thing your representative does is make sure he gets reelected. If you get some thing out of that OK if you get nothing too bad. Before you Thai haters jump on the band wagon that is also true in all countries. Yours included.

Edited by jayjay0

I guess the pics/videos I have seen show so many "men in black" with weapons that I get a bit riled when posters say the red mob was unarmed...and basically the PM murdered unarmed civilians. We know that there were armed guards. Too many pics and videos to prove it.

As I have posted before, I could really get behind the reds...if they drop Thaksin and stop the violence. Otherwise, I am completely against...but mainly due to the violence.

If they drop Thaksin and stop the violence they will disband. They have no other common goal.

It is easy to say I am for democracy and do nothing about it just use it as a smoke screen to cover up ones violence tendencies. This might come as a shock to many but you can be for democracy and not be a red shirt.

The people who are really for democracy would be teaching others what democracy is not saying others are not democratic, They would be teaching that to vote for some one becouse they give you money is not democratic, They would be telling the people how they can send lertters make phone calls to there representive and if he dosent listen not vote for him. Believe me if enough of his constinuancy tells him to stop doing what he is doing he will listen. That is democracy in action.

One should always remember though it is wrong that the most important thing your representative does is make sure he gets reelected. If you get some thing out of that OK if you get nothing too bad. Before you Thai haters jump on the band wagon that is also true in all countries. Yours included.

Excellent post. A triumph of good argument over bad spelling! You are correct in what you say about democracy.

Edited by ianf

If Abbissit hadn’t done what he did when he did it where would we all be now, mob rule and intimidation would be on a larger scale, more widespread, uglier, more destruction, more unemployment and lots more disruption to ordinary people’s everyday lives. His job as Prime Minister was and has been made so much more difficult because of the non cooperation and disloyalties of certain parts of the establishment, they let this fester and snow ball, standing by whilst weapons were stockpiled, lethal barricades put up and normal law abiding citizens were intimidated on a daily basis.

The costs to Thailand as a country in the international arena, their business economy, let alone normal everyday working class Thai nationals, small and large businesses owners are still being counted and will for years to come.

Abbissit as Prime Minister had to make hard decisions, I feel that it was a shame he didn’t do something sooner but , look at how he gave in to the demands of elections amongst other things to a timetable that they were asking for, the red’s had achieved what they wanted and should have gone home peacefully, started their election campaign. Did they do this? No, did they carry on with their hate, violence and rhetoric..YES...

Thailand has a good Prime Minister; the departments under him need a good shake up if this country is going anywhere. Good luck to Abbissit....

A very good assessment of the situation based on common sense. Abhisit is the best hope for Thailand.

Yes another superb post. Best yet

No need to apologize, basicly we seem to agree :)

Not possible to get behind the reds as they have no policies. Nothing to get behind.

I guess the pics/videos I have seen show so many "men in black" with weapons that I get a bit riled when posters say the red mob was unarmed...and basically the PM murdered unarmed civilians. We know that there were armed guards. Too many pics and videos to prove it. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize!!!! :jap: As I have posted before, I could really get behind the reds...if they drop Thaksin and stop the violence. Otherwise, I am completely against...but mainly due to the violence.
If they drop Thaksin and stop the violence they will disband. They have no other common goal. It is easy to say I am for democracy and do nothing about it just use it as a smoke screen to cover up ones violence tendencies. This might come as a shock to many but you can be for democracy and not be a red shirt. The people who are really for democracy would be teaching others what democracy is not saying others are not democratic, They would be teaching that to vote for some one becouse they give you money is not democratic, They would be telling the people how they can send lertters make phone calls to there representive and if he dosent listen not vote for him. Believe me if enough of his constinuancy tells him to stop doing what he is doing he will listen. That is democracy in action. One should always remember though it is wrong that the most important thing your representative does is make sure he gets reelected. If you get some thing out of that OK if you get nothing too bad. Before you Thai haters jump on the band wagon that is also true in all countries. Yours included.
Excellent post. A triumph of good argument over bad spelling! You are correct in what you say about democracy.
If I had as much tech ability as I have spelling ability I could get the d----m spell check to work. Thanks for the kind comment nice to see some one see past the misarabrel spelling job. It still baffels me how all these posters can think the red shirts are for democracy. For God's sake can they not stuff cotton in there ears and mouth and just look at the actions of the red shirts. Paid protestors have no beliefs. They have no problem invading hospitals. Depriving thousand's of honest citizens of there livly hood or trying to burn Bankock down I will not go into the supposed murder of innocent citizens. The government could have handeled things differently. If they had soldiers would not have been shot dead by unarmed innocent citizens.