Need Us Thread Gauge

Indo-Siam

For a side business that I run, I need a US diameter thread gauge, for identifying and specifying substitute parts for some assemblies we are building. This will be for small diameter bolts - roughly 8 mm in diameter. I also need to be able to define US thread pitch.

'Anybody know of a source in Bangkok for such a thread gauge? Or - 'anyone know of a Bangkok source (cash and carry) for US gauge bolts, nuts, and washers. I'm only talking about a couple of hundred - maybe 500 sets.

I know I can send someone to prowl Yarrowat (Chinatown) or Pantip - but I'd prefer to be able to go straight to a source - "time is of the essence."

Thanks!

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaisupercool.com

I've always used a bolt or nut of known thread as a thread guage to test unknowns. Its always worked fine (no pun inteneded) of coarse (pun intended). Also I looked at the thread chart on the boltdepot link that Thetyim provided and just be advised that for the numbered bolt sizes (#4,#5, etc.) there are different TPI's for most of them....the site only lists the most common ones.

Why do you need to use US sized bolts? Many products in the US have metric fasteners. Just wondering.